Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has MLP Influenced You Diet Eating Less Meat Or Becoming Vegetarian?

GXPBlast

Meat is too delicious for me, so I haven't started eating less of it. Though, I have started being conscious about eating meat, and I kinda feel some sort of guilt or sadness for the animal.

But what we do today is just sick, most people couldn't even hurt a cow or a pig, instead, we let a minority to this sick and awful job, and these people have to be cold and hartless, otherwise they couldn't do their job of shooting scared cows and veals in the head.

Today we have way more opportunites and can replace meat, in the last time, we often replaced inefficient things from the nature with better, synthetec thing. 

Giving up meat isn't hard, if a lazy guy like me can do it, most of you could do it to, Fluttershy would be proud of you :kindness:

If you refer mass-meat production then that is pretty brutal but also a result of them cutting corners on animal welfare both to cut costs down and meet production quotas and the like. This is why meat from animals raised in fields and such (so they claim) costs more because you can't raise as many cows/sheep/chickens etc in this way without having to own alot of good land and pay for good feed for them.

Also "Synthetic" foods are a potienal minefield. Highly processed feed resulted in "Mad Cow" disease out break which which decimated meat industry before and resulted in several people dying from a human variant that developed from eating the meat called CJD.

People are also highly suspicious of genetically modified food as it is, creating fully synethic food would go even further from being "natural" from even that.

Also, if you look at processed food today, most of it is "better" than natural sources of the same type. In fact its almost too good, with smaller portions having more energy than full meals did 20-30 years ago. Which is partly why the western world currently has an obesity epidemic going on. the same meals now have alot more calories.

I went 2 weeks without any form of meat. I just had grilled chicken salad today at a local health food place. Along with the chicken I had avocados, broccoli, sunflower seeds, black beans, and other healthy toppings.

I went 2 weeks without any form of meat. I just had grilled chicken salad today at a local health food place. Along with the chicken I had avocados, broccoli, sunflower seeds, black beans, and other healthy toppings.

Don't tell me you think chicken isn't meat...

• Brohoof 1

Well, i would never eat horse or pony meat of course.

But im still no vegetarian...even though i think about it everyday  :ooh:

I even like Onisions post about the situation and like posts, that say eating meat is useless and you might as well could live without it.

But im still eating meat...

I guess im either a Hypocrite , or just plain stupid. Or both. Both is good. Both.

no way! :P I love the show, but it'd just be silly to let it make a decision as big as that for me.

besides, as a culinary artist, closing myself off from any type of food, especially one that almost everybody eats, would just be a terrible idea.

Hello, it's nice to 'meat' you.

Nice to 'meat' you too. I hope there will be no 'beef' between us. I know I can make a 'pig's ear' out of social situations. I can be 'offal-ly' rude sometimes. I 'veal-ly' hope we can be friends.

• Brohoof 1

Nice to 'meat' you too. I hope there will be no 'beef' between us. I know I can make a 'pig's ear' out of social situations. I can be 'offal-ly' rude sometimes. I 'veal-ly' hope we can be friends.

OMG, I don't think I have a comeback for that.

You're awesome.

Not at all. I love meat and I'm never giving it up.

If ever I met a MLP FIM and they had problem with me eating meat I would flip then off.

Although it's not directly because of the show, I have started eating way more vegetables now that I started college.

Although it's not directly because of the show, I have started eating way more vegetables now that I started college.

(edited)

If ever I met a MLP FIM and they had problem with me eating meat I would flip then off.

I guess that means you wont get to have a romanitic relationship with your favorite mare in the show. So you wont get to get busy with her lol. If it means living in Equestria I think giving up meat to be with your favorite pony is not too bad.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Nope, my diet is the same. Pasta, meat, and snacks/candies/desserts

Without meat..id probably be dead haha

I mean my whole diet consists of meat..except seafood..i hate seafood

I just love meat way too damn much

*mouth waters* mmm

Edited by Yanks1987
  • Brohoof 1

I was vegan anyway x) Although in one episode Twilight mentions eating daffodils and from my work at an animal shelter if I fed our ponies and horses that it would poison them!

Edited by Neon Proxy

Watching MLP has somewhat had an influence on my diet. I rarely eat red meat now, and am planning to eat strictly vegetarian starting this Chinese New Year. I will say that after watching the show for nearly 4 years, I have definitely eaten more apples and broccoli thanks to a couple of mares haha  :smug:  -_-.  

• Brohoof 1