S05:21 - Scaremaster  

157 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it

• Boooo! Hated it
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was ... meh
    • I enjoyed it
    • I loved it ... spooky Yay <3

From the 'other Fluttershy' i.e Marble Pie back to mah fave Fluttershy! It was long since I haven't seen her episode. And I loved the episode (my first watch now)! OK so maybe it had some questions here and there but overall one very pleasant episode. I will start with the Q's - Isn't Fluttershy already at a point where she doesn't fear those anymore? Also since they had to deal with scary villains, or is it all the sudden startling feel of Nightmare Night. As for the rest, it was nice she developed from scared to partially scared to fearless. I truly love her vampire look (Flutterbat :fluttershy: , really nice outfit she's ADORABLE!!

I thought they were in a real trouble situation in the 3rd part of scaring, didnt know it was Fluttershy until I saw this frog like creature resembled the bear in disguise.

Wait...how did Fluttyshy change her eyes to be like Flutterbats? More questions have to be answered now!

Hmm, contact lenses? Well they do use a lot of human accessories :) 

RD was a little mean no? I love RD is from my most fave too, just so she did I think.

Now some would say -isn't this too scary for the kids? The eyes, the granny skeleton, yeah it was!

it was leaked on itunes a month or two

Not a user of the apple with the bite, may not become either. Seems even more reasons

Woulda been kinda cool if, say, idk, Luna cast a spell to temporarily turn Fluttershy into the real Flutterbat

That's what I thought happened at first, she got some magic on herself!

First Fluttershy episode of the season but it was worth the wait.  It took a little "help" from Angel and her animal friends to make things truly scary.  But my favorite moment of the episode was when that big "dragon" appeared.  I was watching it with my roommate and I told her that's Harry the bear.  She didn't believe me at first but I'd recognize him anywhere.  :lol: 

Brace yourselves. Best pone is coming.
sig-4187320.982443__safe_rainbow%20dash_

This was the best costume in the episode, including Fluttershy's Flutterbat disguise.  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

This episode was boring.

It didn't really scream "Halloween".

I also dislike FlutterShy, so her being the main focus just made the episode that much more uninteresting for me.

• Brohoof 1

Overall, I don't really care for this episode. While the scary sequence of events that the Mane Six went through near the end of the episode is entertaining, that's ultimately overshadowed by Fluttershy's ridiculously overblown fears, Rainbow Dash's being a jerk, and a rather unsatisfying ending.

As mentioned above, probably the most frustrating aspect of the episode is Fluttershy's crippling and over-the-top fears, and how everyone reacts to them. For one thing, when Fluttershy is going through town, she seems legitimately scared (that is, not just in a temporary "jumpscare" way) by obvious Nightmare Night decorations, kids wearing fake teeth, etc., none of which pose any threat to Fluttershy whatsoever. But more than that, Fluttershy seems to carry some deep-seated fear that the fact that it's Nightmare Night puts her at a much greater risk than usual. She wants her animal friends to alert her when "something scary" comes to the cottage; she's afraid of Spike's shadow on the wall inside Twilight's castle; she doesn't want to wear costumes that would impair her vision or prevent her from getting away quickly from "something terrifying"; she doesn't want to be blindfolded because she wouldn't have the chance to defend herself from "somepony" leaping out in front of her; she doesn't want to bob for apples because she wouldn't be able to hear if she's under attack from "some kind of scary monster" appearing; and she doesn't want to eat chewy taffy for fear of her mouth being glued shut and being unable to scream for help. In every case, Fluttershy acts as though some unspecified scary monster will attack her at any second, such that she would have to run away or defend herself. But what "scary monster" exactly does she think will attack her, and why only on Nightmare Night? We don't see her this paralyzed in fear on a normal day/night, so why is Nightmare Night different? We never find out the source of Fluttershy's overblown Nightmare Night fears.

And Fluttershy's reasons for declining to participate in any of the activities at the Nightmare Night party are doubly ridiculous. Obviously there's no specific reason to believe that scary monsters will appear right in front of Fluttershy when she's blindfolded, or right beside her as she's bobbing for apples, or right as she's eating chewy taffy from her candy bag. (And speaking of the candy bag, she could easily have accepted it, talked about what candy she got, and even eaten some other candy even if she feared her mouth being glued shut by chewy taffy.) But, in addition to that, she's inside Sugarcube Corner with the Mane Six literally right by her side, and many more Ponyville residents out and about outside the door. How would a monster get in and attack her in the brief period of time when she's blindfolded or bobbing for apples or eating candy? Additionally, does Fluttershy not believe that the Mane Six (or other Ponyville residents) would protect her even if a scary monster or whatever were to try to attack her? Fluttershy should be just as, if not more, safe with the Mane Six inside Sugarcube Corner in the middle of town than she would be under her bed with her animal friends out at her cottage.

In light of all this, it's frustrating that none of the Mane Six ever question Fluttershy's ridiculous fears or seem to consider how they could be reduced. Why don't any of them ask Fluttershy what specifically she's afraid of? Why don't any of them make any of the above points and try to convince her that it's safe to participate in the party activities? Do they think that Fluttershy's brain is so paralyzed by paranoia that there's zero chance of reasoning her fears down to a more normal level? Maybe they didn't want to make Fluttershy uncomfortable, but it would arguably be less uncomfortable to try to reassure Fluttershy that her fears are overblown so that she can participate in party activities (provided Rainbow Dash isn't a total jerk about it) rather than having the painfully awkward silence and attempts to shift to other activities that actually occurred.

I have a couple of other miscellaneous points about Fluttershy's fears and the reactions to them. One is that, in the first part of the episode, it quickly becomes tiresome to see other characters - Granny Smith, Spike, and the rest of the Mane Six - all say to Fluttershy some variation of "What are you doing out here? Don't you know it's Nightmare Night?". Considering how deep Fluttershy's fears seem to be, it's almost insulting to suggest that Fluttershy didn't realize it's Nightmare Night and that she normally wouldn't be out and about. Furthermore, we the audience already heard from Fluttershy that she's afraid of Nightmare Night and normally stays in her cottage, so we don't need to hear that repeated multiple times afterward.

Finally, I'm not sure that I follow the relative ranking of fears in Fluttershy's mind. At the beginning of the episode, Fluttershy does actually leave her cottage to find food for Angel, rather than telling him to deal with not having his preferred food for one night. This would imply that Fluttershy finds Angel's disapproval more scary than venturing out on Nightmare Night to find food for him. That could be seen as being in line with Fluttershy's comment at the tea party that she couldn't imagine anything more upsetting than everyone being extremely disappointed in her. But, if others' disappointment is what Fluttershy is most afraid of, then at the Nightmare Night party, shouldn't she have tried to overcome her fears and participate in the party activities, since not doing so would probably make her friends disappointed in her? In fact, wasn't she risking her friends' disappointment by even trying to go out with them on Nightmare Night, knowing that she may not have been able to do the things that the Mane Six would want her to do? Wouldn't there have been a lower risk of disappointment if she declined Spike's invitation and holed up in her cottage like she's reliably done every other year?

Another annoying aspect of the episode is Rainbow Dash's repeated tactlessness and being a jerk about Fluttershy and her fears. Even if Rainbow Dash is frustrated by Fluttershy's fears stopping her from fully participating, and her fears taking the fun out of Nightmare Night (which would be understandable), her belittling comments and reactions are unproductive and seem like a regression of her character. In the episode "Hurricane Fluttershy", Rainbow Dash seemed to learn to use more tact with Fluttershy, and that Rainbow's "harsh" tactics served only to demoralize Fluttershy and cause her to want to quit. And there are other episodes in which Rainbow successfully used a softer approach (e.g. "Sleepless In Ponyville"), but here, Rainbow seems to have forgotten those lessons, and she becomes a frustrating caricature as a result. By contrast, Rarity is very tactful throughout the episode.

Finally, I found the ending of the episode unsatisfying. Fluttershy's declining to participate in Nightmare Night because it's no fun for her to see her friends feel like they're in danger, even if she knows they're not, doesn't seem to have any relation to the rest of the episode or follow from it (other than the minute or so prior to that statement). Up to that point in the episode, Fluttershy seemed primarily concerned about herself, and never mentioned or alluded to any concern about her friends being scared, or about her seeing her friends being scared. In fact, when Fluttershy set up the "scary" tea party, she seemed eager to scare her friends and see them being scared. And even if she no longer wants to see her friends being scared, that shouldn't mean that she has to revert to the previous status quo of holing up under her bed on Nightmare Night. The party activities at Sugarcube Corner weren't intended to be scary, and none of the rest of the Mane Six were scared when doing them, so why couldn't Fluttershy go to a Nightmare Night party like that and just skip the haunted maze or other scary activities? In fact, the first part of the episode seems to lead to a somewhat different moral: if you say you want to do an activity with your friends, you should really commit to it and follow through with it; and if you don't think you can, or if doing so would result in your friends having to make excessive accommodations for you, then the polite thing to do would be to decline that activity, and your friends should respect that decision.

Now for my other miscellaneous observations:

I don't know why Granny Smith is giving the whole pitch for the Apple Family Haunted Maze to Fluttershy. Has Fluttershy never heard about the Apple family's maze before? And regardless, wouldn't Fluttershy not be expected to want to go to the maze anyway? Also, Granny Smith acts puzzled that Fluttershy ran away screaming from her "scary" description of the maze, but what did Granny Smith expect? She already knew that Fluttershy is easily scared, especially on Nightmare Night.

The bones in the maze would have to be pretty brittle if they're crunching under ponies' hooves.

The front door to Twilight's castle is apparently unlocked, even though Twilight and company are far away elsewhere in the castle and wouldn't even be able to notice if someone came in.

It's interesting that Rainbow Dash is fine with being scared, or at least acting scared, around her friends on several occasions in this episode: when telling stories in Twilight's library, when seeing Granny Smith wearing a horse head at the beginning of the maze, when initially hearing the "bones" being crunched underhoof, etc.

Rainbow asks Fluttershy where her costume is when she emerges from the changing room, but she's obviously wearing something when she normally doesn't, so it's not like she doesn't have a costume at all.

Why doesn't Fluttershy go with any of Pinkie's suggestions of what her costume is? Are all of Pinkie's suggestions too scary?

How is Rainbow spinning around so fast before she pins the horn on Nightmare Moon? Do her costume's hooves have extremely low friction with the floor? Also, was Pinkie's spin really that strong?

Does Pinkie normally make a bag of candy for Fluttershy and give it to her later? After all, Fluttershy's presence at the party would not have been expected. I suppose Pinkie could have the extra candy and time on hand to whip up another bag before the party.

Regarding Fluttershy's "scary" tea party, Rarity makes the point that Fluttershy wasn't going for the right kind of scares for Nightmare Night, but there's another issue with the entire set-up. At the tea party, the rest of the Mane Six are the guests and Fluttershy is the host. So Fluttershy's attempts to scare the rest of the Mane Six by showing horrors of being a bad host - not having any sugar, an invited friend not showing up, having unplanned guests without enough food for them - don't work, because they (correctly) see themselves as guests. If anything, Fluttershy's "scary" criticisms about being a bad host would fall on Fluttershy herself.

Pinkie also gets in on Rainbow Dash's tactlessness by saying "I actually thought she had an idea for something really scary for a second there" when Fluttershy is right behind her and well within earshot.

Why is the Mane Six's first reaction to seeing "ghosts" floating behind them to run away screaming? Do they think the ghosts are going to hurt them? What if, say, the ghosts just want to ask a favor of them so that they can go on to the afterlife?

I'm surprised that Harry the bear agreed to act the part of a monster trying to attack the Mane Six. After all, if the idea is to make the Mane Six believe that they are really in danger, then wouldn't there be a good chance that Harry would be beat up, zapped with magic, or even killed?

Why do the Mane Six just sit and cower in fear of Flutterbat at the edge of the cliff? For one thing, it's strange that the Mane Six seem not to recognize Flutterbat as such, considering that we the audience can see her perfectly fine. If the Mane Six did recognize her, then why don't they wonder how that transformation happened again and start planning how to transform Fluttershy back? And if they didn't recognize Flutterbat, then if they legitimately feared being bitten or something, why not fight or run away?

Why does Fluttershy say "Oh my!" and act so concerned and apologetic upon seeing the Mane Six scared at her Flutterbat routine? Was their being scared not expected and intended by Fluttershy?

How did just one or two birds with a sheet over them make the ghost shapes that they did?

How does Fluttershy have different-colored irises for her Flutterbat costume? Are there such a thing as contact lenses in Equestria? It's hard for me to imagine how a non-unicorn would put those in.

Fluttershy says "Fuzzy Legs made the sticky wall that made it difficult for you to see and move", but what did the spider web do to make it difficult for the Mane Six to see? It didn't seem to obstruct their vision or anything. Was that intended to refer to making it difficult for them to turn their heads or something?

The Mane Six want Fluttershy to do an elaborate plan to scare them every year, but wasn't it especially scary this time precisely because they didn't expect it? It seems like a lot of pressure for Fluttershy to try to come up with innovative ways to scare them year after year, probably with diminishing returns.

Finally, at the end of the episode, the window from Fluttershy's bedroom is lit up from the outside, as though she has the main lights on, but then inside the room, the light is almost completely contained under the bed. Also, Fluttershy's bed doesn't look it's nearly high enough off the floor for Fluttershy to be able to sit up under the bed with room to spare.

• Brohoof 2

Why do the Mane Six just sit and cower in fear of Flutterbat at the edge of the cliff? For one thing, it's strange that the Mane Six seem not to recognize Flutterbat as such, considering that we the audience can see her perfectly fine. If the Mane Six did recognize her, then why don't they wonder how that transformation happened again and start planning how to transform Fluttershy back? And if they didn't recognize Flutterbat, then if they legitimately feared being bitten or something, why not fight or run away?

You bring up a good point here, though I was thinking on a slightly different topic - Angel actually put Fluttershy and Harry in danger by dressing them up as really scary monsters and having them go after the six of them without giving any clue that it was a prank. Just as easily as they decided to run, the six of them could have stopped and fought instead. In fact, considering five of them faced hundreds of changelings at once, I'm kind of surprised they didn't stand and fight only two monsters? I suppose the whole Granny corpse probably unnerved them, though.

Anyway, if they had fought, Twilight, Rainbow, and Applejack could have inflicted serious injuries on Flutters and Harry. Actually, maybe even Spike as well since he's been seen honing his fire breathing skills for the past two seasons.

But since this is Angel we're talking about here, I'm not all that surprised he didn't think of any such consequences.  :huh: 

Why does Fluttershy say "Oh my!" and act so concerned and apologetic upon seeing the Mane Six scared at her Flutterbat routine? Was their being scared not expected and intended by Fluttershy?

My thinking is she was hoping they would act excited-scared like the other participants of the corn maze were acting. (See the CMC's reactions.) But the six of them were completely terrified (to the point that Rarity had tears in her eyes  :( ) so I think that is what was unsettling to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy says "Fuzzy Legs made the sticky wall that made it difficult for you to see and move", but what did the spider web do to make it difficult for the Mane Six to see? It didn't seem to obstruct their vision or anything. Was that intended to refer to making it difficult for them to turn their heads or something?

Good catch! I wonder if there weren't some scenes of them having trouble finding one another at the start of the alternate maze because the webs were so thick? Maybe that was cut after the animatic was created due to time constraints and they didn't feel like redoing Fluttershy's line?

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only one who noticed the Sailor Moon pony? No, I'm not talking about the one Fluttershy drew (btw, surprisingly good artist she is). In the establishing shot of the Carousel Boutique, just as the CMC are running away in delight, you can see a two ponies walking nearby. The one on the right is dressed in a maroonish dress-thing and pink hair. But the one on the left?

attachicon.gifSailorMoonPony.png

Now I'm no genius on Sailor Moon and you'll have to excuse me for the poor image quality and size. If someone would mind providing a higher quality image, I'd appreciate it. But meatball hairdo? White shirt, red scarf, blue miniskirt? Boots? Gloves... Ish. Seems to me all the pieces are in place. Apparently Fluttershy isn't the only Otaku in the town.

WOW totally missed it! It's both Sailor Moon and Jem from Hasbro's other 80's cartoon! Star earrings gave it away! I love these background refs!

post-33044-0-66141100-1446430942_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I guess I felt like it was too silly of her to be scared of the things she was, for the reasons she gave. If they had made her scared of them because she has an actual phobia for Nightmare Night and those things reminded her of it, then I would have felt that was more plausible. But it's not that big of a deal because the episode as a whole was a lot of fun to watch.

Yeah, true, but the thing you have to remember now is that she wasn't actually scared of having her mouth glued shut with taffy and all that stuff.  As a pony with anxieties, she just didn't want to deal with it, and so she was making excuses.  As a person with social anxieties, I can attest to the fact that it's really tempting and easy to make excuses rather than push yourself to do stuff that you know full well you can handle.  I guess that's why it felt believable to me.

• Brohoof 2

The tea party scene was a bit cringy

I'm fairly certain that was the intended reaction.

Also, am I the only one who finds it really damn annoying that they mismatched the proper order of Hearthswarming and Scare Master? I don't really feel like looking at fan episode orders - it should just be apparent when the episodes take place in relation to one another. 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, true, but the thing you have to remember now is that she wasn't actually scared of having her mouth glued shut with taffy and all that stuff.  As a pony with anxieties, she just didn't want to deal with it, and so she was making excuses.  As a person with social anxieties, I can attest to the fact that it's really tempting and easy to make excuses rather than push yourself to do stuff that you know full well you can handle.  I guess that's why it felt believable to me.

I get having anxieties, making excuses to get out of things and all that, but there's a fine line. Fluttershy is deathly afraid of Nightmare Night, so I still buy that she meant most of the stuff she said. And most of them were pretty high in the "seriously?" bullshit meter

"But if I eat taffy, my mouth might get stuck and I won't be able to scream for help"

"But if I wear this blindfold, something might pop up and attack me and I won't even know"

"But if I bob for apples something scary might pop out"

I mean, these are completely harmless games that she's so afraid about.

983361__safe_solo_equestria+girls_animat

The entire time I'm just like "FOR FUCK'S SAKE, JUST GROW A PAIR" with said expression on my face. There's a fine line between being afraid and being a balless Chicken Wuss

Man I sound like such a grump right now. The more I think about it, the more I can totally relate to RD in this episode  :P  :mellow:

• Brohoof 3

WOW totally missed it! It's both Sailor Moon and Jem from Hasbro's other 80's cartoon! Star earrings gave it away! I love these background refs!

attachicon.gifImage5.jpg

Oh gosh! I missed this too?!  :love:

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that the map has sent applejack, rarity, rainbow and pinkie out to places, but other then the episode it first appeared, hasn't sent twilight or fluttershy out yet?  I hope we get a chance to see these too in action before the final.

It must happen! How long has it been since we've had a Twi and Shy centric episode? I mean, with those two specifically as the main. S1? :sunbutt:  

Yeah I'll say it again even though I watched this episode when it was leaked, watching it again proves it's a fantastic Halloween episode and a fantastic episode overall, I loved Fluttershy in this episode and seeing her try to have fun and hang out with her friends was sweet, I also loved the references, costumes, and overall moral. 10/10 episode!!

post-5578-0-88011200-1446438134_thumb.png

post-5578-0-24702000-1446438136_thumb.png

post-5578-0-40862800-1446438139_thumb.png

post-5578-0-22289900-1446438142_thumb.png

post-5578-0-49391600-1446438145_thumb.png

post-5578-0-44851600-1446438148_thumb.png

post-5578-0-41053900-1446438151_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash seems to be getting a lot of flak for being too much of an insensitive jerk in the episode. But... I actually thought it was nice to see. I don't normally care for Rainbow Dash due to her boastfulness and compulsion to look cool, but I actually rather liked her in this. She seemed a straight man to everypony else. While all the others smiled nervously and tried to cope, RD actually cut to the quick and said what was on everyone's mind. In a way, she was being way more honest than Applejack by not holding anything back. And it feels in character, because RD always has been the more impetuous one to say what's on her mind. Was she a bit of jerk? Maybe. But she was being straightforward about it, something she tends to favor over niceties.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, true, but the thing you have to remember now is that she wasn't actually scared of having her mouth glued shut with taffy and all that stuff.  As a pony with anxieties, she just didn't want to deal with it, and so she was making excuses. As a person with social anxieties, I can attest to the fact that it's really tempting and easy to make excuses rather than push yourself to do stuff that you know full well you can handle.  I guess that's why it felt believable to me.

That's actually a credible possibility. Early in my days I myself have made up some excuses to avoid hanging out with my boss at bars (don't like the noise and rooms full of boisterous people make me so edgy my teeth chatter). When I do go I don't normally drink often so a few pints of Guinness or Sam Adams and I just zone out through it!  :lol:

Even now, I'll sometimes have an excuse though usually it's a real one - like I'm too tired and don't feel like bar hopping at 11PM.

I get having anxieties, making excuses to get out of things and all that, but there's a fine line. Fluttershy is deathly afraid of Nightmare Night, so I still buy that she meant most of the stuff she said. And most of them were pretty high in the "seriously?" bullshit meter

Man I sound like such a grump right now. The more I think about it, the more I can totally relate to RD in this episode  :P  :mellow:

It's almost like Rainbow was the only one of her friends that was calling her out on it, though she should have been more tactful.

Maybe it's more of a issue with her friends simply going along and accepting her fears and not calling bull on them to see if they were real or not? Anyway, I was originally taking her excuses at face value when watching this episode but because of the ambiguity I don't know now...

Also, am I the only one who finds it really damn annoying that they mismatched the proper order of Hearthswarming and Scare Master? I don't really feel like looking at fan episode orders - it should just be apparent when the episodes take place in relation to one another. 

This episode was originally supposed to air when "Rarity Investigates" was aired, so it was made in the correct relative order for its respective holiday. But when DFC or Hasbro or whoever decided on the hiatus, they also decided it would be cool to run this on Halloween since it fell on a Saturday this year.

I guess they should have swapped Hearthbreakers and next week's episode around as well just to keep things proper.

• Brohoof 1

I think I'm the only person who waited until Halloween to watch this episode. Here's everyone else watching the episode several weeks before Halloween, and I'm just like, "Nah fam. I'll wait until Halloween for maximum spooks."

I am also glad I resisted the temptation to watch this one early, due to it's leak, it was much better watching it on Halloween aka Nightmare Night itself.  I'm glad to see a episode focusing on the pony who embodies kindness, and I certainly understand her choice at the end, even in fun, I don't enjoy seeing friends frightened either, I am usually very apologetic even if I startle someone by accident.  So I empathize a great deal with her decision, even if I thought she had an awesome costume.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that the map has sent applejack, rarity, rainbow and pinkie out to places, but other then the episode it first appeared, hasn't sent twilight or fluttershy out yet?  I hope we get a chance to see these too in action before the final.

Oh well. I guess I'm the only one this time. Huaehuaehuae

I held off watching this episode as well...Despite the fact that I love Flutters to death, I really didn't like how she was portrayed in the beginning of the episode...she's NEVER been THAT scared of anything this season....I feel the writers just wrote her to be extra scared for pure plot and necessity of the episode.....I mean, that was more along the lines of S1 Fluttershy. This season though? She's been awesome, she's been more assertive and less of a pushover......Sorry, but this episode could've been much MUCH better....The ending was rather awesome though...I loved how they paid homage to Flutterbat ...and her evil laugh...*shivers*..

So...yea...not that great of an episode...hated how they portrayed Fluttershy in the beginning...but loved the Flutterbat in the end...and that's about all I liked about it....and this is coming from a huge lover of everything Fluttershy...

Edited by :Fluttershai:
  • Brohoof 2

I don't quite understand why people are seeing Fluttershy's behavior at the party as being a return to her older "afraid of everything" self. You have to realize that this is the single most terrifying day for her. It takes all of her fears and multiplies them greatly. The fact that she was ONLY nervous about things and not curled up in a ball under her bed weeping proves she's more confident and brave than she used to be. It's just not enough to COMPLETELY override her fear of Nightmare Night.

• Brohoof 1

I'm so happy we saw the return of flutterbat

It's okay to do a thing associated with continuity, but after a certain point it gets to them just saying 'hey, it's that thing we did. Remember that?!'.

• Brohoof 1

Also, I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see Princess Luna is this episode :c. In "Luna Eclipsed", Luna said that she would return the next Nightmare Night... but she wasn't here. Or maybe she was there but just off camera. It still would've been nice to see her in the background or something though. :comeatus:

• Brohoof 2

I may be missing something here, but I honestly didn't care for this episode. Wouldn't say I disliked it, but I honestly feel Fluttershy's fears in this episode are kind of exaggerated, especially considering she's been developed for 5 seasons or so, and I also felt the first couple acts were kind of boring IMO.

• Brohoof 2

I like how Fluttershy realized at the end that she didn't need to be a part of things that she didn't enjoy--its something I can personally relate to, especially with regards to things that scare me or make me uncomfortable. Unfortunately the episode itself was paced kind of badly, and was a bit too predictable for my tastes.