Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season one or season two which is your favorite and what episode from it

BeanOfTheSoy

26 users have voted

1. 1. season one or 2

• season 1
    • season 2

I like Season One, and Best Night Ever, Cutie Mark Chronicles, Fall Weather Friends, Suited For Success, and Sonic Rainboom.

In Season Two I liked the opener, finale, and Sweet and Elite.

Umm... Season 2 all the way

My fav episodes, though are:

Luna Eclipsed, Feeling Pinkie Keen, A Friend in Deed, Baby Cakes, Over A Barrel and Party of One...

Oh and MMMMMystery on the Friendship Express.

Edited by Princess GLaDOS

Season 2 was better than the first, not saying that the first was bad though!

Favourite episode? The Canterlot Wedding of course! It was undeniably fantastic.

I did enjoy season 2 slightly more than the first season, it just had those more of those certain moments. I'm gonna say that my favorite episode of season 2 was "Hurricane Fluttershy".

Edited by SrFrog

In my opinion, Season 1 was better due to the fact that I didn't like how the episodes in Season 2 tended to focus solely on one character as opposed to the mane 6 as a whole.

However, the season 2 finale was amazing and possibly my favorite episode.

Overall, I think I liked the episodes in Season 1 better.

Another problem I had with season 2 was the writers seemed to make Rainbow Dash act like a complete b**** which made a lot of people hate her, especially in The Mysterious Mare Do Well. In Season 1, she could be a little cocky, but not to the point where she's just being a douche...

Anyway, I also liked the songs in Season 1 more I think, except I really liked Find A Pet and Smile Smile Smile in Season 2.

So, while Season 2 had some great episodes, I think I liked Season 1 a little better mostly due to the fact that I like it better when the episodes focus on more than one of the mane six because it just doesn't seem right having so many episodes where most of the mane six aren't even present...

As much as I love Season 1, I felt that Season 2 was better, as I felt that although it still remained close to the target demograph, it contained some more 'adult themes' (not the naughty themes :P)

I had quite a few favourites in Season 2, however, I cannot name every single episode from the season, however, the ones I do remember are Ponyville Confidential, the one with future Twilight, the finale and the one with the cakes (I suck at remembering names)

"the last round up" of course from 2nd season, it was a lot. I LOVED IT. Derps is the highlight for me. as long as I can watch the original I plan to think as if it were unaltered. Great episode in all. Pinkie rage was awesome, and the cherry part, I love lucy flashback.

I'm not quite sure why, but I liked the first season more. Maybe, as mentioned above, the greater focus on one character per episode is a factor. The musical numbers in season 1 is still way better than the new ones, but that's simply because they're AWESOME (And I usually hate musical scenes in cartoons).

I really enjoyed season 2 as well, though, so I had to give it some thought. My favourite episodes are Applebuck Season, Look Before You Sleep, Winter Wrap Up, Party of One and the finale from the first season, and Return of Harmony 1-2, Lesson Zero, Luna Eclipsed and Read it and Weep from the second.