Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Speculation] The Seven Deadly Sins as themes for the show's villains?

Captain Marvelous

37 users have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts

• I like this
    • Can't wait too see Gluttony
    • Wrath will be badass
    • SLOTH...ZZzZZZzzZZzZzZzZzzzzzzzzzzZzZz
    • GREEEED (OOO joke)
    • Too deep man

Posted Image

Just something I kind of noticed... just what if they kind of decided to do something like make a villain for each of the sins... they already got two of the toughest ones to make (Envy and Lust[specially for a kid's cartoon])

So if they did this, what do you think the future villains: Gluttony, Greed, Wrath, Sloth; would be like?

Little note: I almost wouldn't think of adding Discord to this, only because he is the sole representation of chaos

Edited by Captain Marvelous
  • Brohoof 7

Gluttony: Pinkie Pie

Greed: Spike

Wrath: Flutterbitch

Sloth: Rainbow Dash with Lazinitis

THAT IS ALL.

• Brohoof 1

That's very true, and it's likely intentional. Friendship is Magic follows the theme of morals, and while teaching the good over evil idea, they show the kind of attitudes that are not something you want in real life and that is frowned upon. This ultimately teaches how to behave properly and well.

I hadn't even considered this. It's a very interesting hypothesis.

I would think gluttony would be a harder villain to portray than lust or envy. What would gluttony exactly be wanting to indulge in, in Equestria? The best I could think of would be like someone trying to take the food or some type of power away from Canterlot or Cloudsdale, but then again Chrysalis does that already, she was feeding off the love that Cadence was getting from shining armor to make herself more powerful while weakening the force field he generated, but I agree that's more Lust than Gluttony because in the end she was defeated by true love.

When you brought up the antagonist(s) having dominate sins, I immediately thought of FMA. >_>

Posted Image

I want Pride vs Luna NOW! Two masters of dark and shadow, who will win?

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, like you kinda said in the OP, Discord doesn't really represent pride as close to how he represents chaos... maybe more even as overconfidence seeing as he thought without a doubt he wouldn't be defeated, but that's the flaw in almost ever enemy, it's also time to now end my overly long run-on sentence.

Hmm, like you kinda said in the OP, Discord doesn't really represent pride as close to how he represents chaos... maybe more even as overconfidence seeing as he thought without a doubt he wouldn't be defeated, but that's the flaw in almost ever enemy, it's also time to now end my overly long run-on sentence.

Overconfidence is pride. But that wasn't the main facet of his personality. He's more an entity of chaos than of pride, he just happens to be prideful, and let's face it, if you had reality warping and were under the impression that you had destroyed the power source for the only thing that can defeat you, you would be, too.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think this holds together as a theme. Discord isn't really prideful as some have mentioned, and frankly I don't see Chrysalis as representing lust. She didn't care about the wedding or Shining Armor, she just wanted someplace for her people to feed.

I would think gluttony would be a harder villain to portray than lust or envy. What would gluttony exactly be wanting to indulge in, in Equestria? The best I could think of would be like someone trying to take the food or some type of power away from Canterlot or Cloudsdale, but then again Chrysalis does that already, she was feeding off the love that Cadence was getting from shining armor to make herself more powerful while weakening the force field he generated, but I agree that's more Lust than Gluttony because in the end she was defeated by true love.

I picture more on Gluttony being power hungry than dealing with food itself...I kind of picture him actually attempting to eat the elements of harmony...be kind of cool, if the mane six entered his body in order to get the elements back

Wrath would be a tad dark, don't you think?

No one on the show has even said the word "Death", "Kill" or "Die", yet one would think Wrath would infringe upon that realm, don't you think?

Wrath is merely rage or anger. Nopony has to die for it to be represented by a villain. And even if it's destructive wrath, there's always property damage as an option.

When you brought up the antagonist(s) having dominate sins, I immediately thought of FMA. >_>

Posted Image

Doesn't everypony?

ON TOPIC:

The Diamond Dogs and Flim Flam brothers would be greed. The dragons would be wrath, as would the urza minor. Gilda and Trixie would also be pride. All that's missing is sloth and gluttony.

• Brohoof 1

Greed - Flim Flam Bros, Spike, Diamond Dogs

Wrath - Dragons, Flutterrage

Pride - The Great and Powerful Trrrrrrrrixie!

Gluttony - Parasprite, MMMM Cake

Sloth - Rainbow Dash at times, not much in the show overall

Oh and...

My Little Alchemist

That is all.

Edited by Whiteshade
  • Brohoof 2

Very interesting theory. But I can't tell if it was intentional, or just a coincidence. Also, I can't decide on if Discord is pride or chaos. The reason he was defeated is because he believed the mane 6 couldn't defeat him.

Gluttony: Tries to steal/absorb all magic in Equestria. Elements prove to be too much.

Wrath: Wants to destroy everything.

Sloth: Not sure. Ancient evil lying in wait?

Greed: Wants to rule Equestria. Tried to steal throne.

Posted Image

Just something I kind of noticed... just what if they kind of decided to do something like make a villain for each of the sins... they already got two of the toughest ones to make (Envy and Lust[specially for a kid's cartoon])

So if they did this, what do you think the future villains: Gluttony, Greed, Wrath, Sloth; would be like?

Little note: I almost wouldn't think of adding Discord to this, only because he is the sole representation of chaos

I saw someone mention this elsewhere. They had the villains you mentioned the same, but they linked the rest of the deadly sins as such:

Flim and Flam: sloth (too lazy too actually work)

Parasprites: gluttony(they ate everything)

Spike in "The Secrete of My Excess": Greed

Wendigos: Wrath

• 5 months later...

Yeah I do like this... Wrath will probably be the next, because I don't think this next one is going to be all fun and jokingly put the characters into situations, no from the spoiler, and the look of the character, I'm going to say he will be Wrath.

Edited by Dusty Soul