Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Video Game(s) that Made You Take a Ride on the Feels Train?

Kafooku

Well, the latest one is Undertale.

Before that was The Last of Us.

Can't think of much else at the moment, but know that I loved both games to death. They just really grabbed at my empathy so to speak. Heck, I even felt genuine terror at a point in The Last of Us, and it's not even a scary game.

Pokemon is rather good at it with its endings lately. The Omega Ruby ending and endgame made me think back to the days Pokemon was my entire world, so yeah.

Another game is Ninja Gaiden, I think. Running through the destroyed Hayabusa village with the song Lyric playing was definitely haunting.

Lastly, I'll mention Halo. Seriously, the triumphant feeling I get from that game's soundtrack forces me to mention it here, a feeling I also get at certain moments in game, like at the lines 'There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?' and 'I am your shield. I am your sword'.

• 2 months later...

I felt genuine guilt during the first Paper Mario when I realized I'd hit Whacka too many times, essentially inflicting a brain injury that affected his demeanor, memory, and speech.  Does that count? xD

The ending credits and ending theme to Super Mario 64 made me kind of emotional the first time.  Hell, they might still do that.

"The World Ends with You" is one of the more poignant games I've ever played.

• 5 years later...

Metal of Honor: Rising Sun: I played this game a ton when I was a kid, and playing it again gives me a ton of nostalgia. I was so frustrated at a particular mission because I couldn't find the objective and what to do, and it took me  a few weeks or so and finally I found it.