Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Video Game(s) that Made You Take a Ride on the Feels Train?

Kafooku

D:! The theme really doesn't help, heh. I don't think I could play the Cave Story if that happened, it would completely ruin me. 

Even with that said, you really should try the game, it's been known to be one of the best indie games, having been created by one man over the course of 4 years. The original is free if you want to give it a shot: http://www.cavestory.org/download/cave-story.php

Its tear jerking in a sad and good way at the same time

tumblr_inline_nj3sl5iB8v1rd65t0.gif

The last of Us

Honestly I'm surprised only one other person said my favorite game: The Last of Us. Believe me I have never once cried during a game but that game.... it made me feel so many things. I can't possibly describe how it made me felt because language hasn't evolved enough for me to do so... yet.

The game play was fantastic and just playing the first part of the game 15 minutes in... caught me off guard. I have played it through 7 times. And my gf has played it through herself.

The best way to describe this wonderful lovingly made masterpiece, which I believe is the pinnacle of gaming's finest and execution pushing it into a different type of game that is story driven with in depth characters with emotion and feelings, is an interactive playable movie. It's just a movie that you play which can really throw you in a loop. IGN gave it a 10/10 in 2013 for a reason. I can't ever play it without crying even though I know what happens.

Please I urge everyone to play it. It's a VERY good game. Sorry Xbox and pc users. Only ps3/ps4 people only. You can watch others play it though. I recommend this part 1 by markiplier.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GV-fXI5Ti4E

Edited by MeanBlackHawk
  • Brohoof 3

Oh gods, so many games. Prime ones I can think up are Dust: an Elysian Tale (easily my favorite game in that genre now), kingdom Hearts, Flower, and Valiant Hearts.

Valiant Hearts deserves praise for being the one of the few I've bought on more than one platform, because it is just so good, I want to experience playing it over again completely fresh. Plus, it's a giant history lesson filled with gorgeous artwork, all wrapped in a story that I fell in love with in a single chapter.

• Brohoof 1

Pokémon: Mystery Dungeon 2, most definitely. The first set of the PMD games were feels-packed at the very end, but not compared to PMD2. I almost cried just watching a video of the ending! Luckily, everything turned out okay though (which made me cry again; this time, tears of joy). Another games that really made me emotional was The Beginner's Guide. I haven't played it myself, however I did watch a video in which Jacksepticeye played it. I didn't know whether to cry or sit there in silence as I watched. It was such a sad story, almost depressing, and it really made me think. It confused me and filled my mind with all sorts of emotions. There is also (as mentioned in the post above mine) Valiant Hearts. A great game, with a tragically realistic ending. :(

Edited by Wolves

The [Freaking] Last of Us. Oh my gosh I was so connected to Joel and Ellie throughout the entire game. So much so that every time one of us died I freaking cringed and felt another piece of my heart being ripped out along with their throat... *shudder* :lie:

• Brohoof 2

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:  Explorers of Sky gave me one of my earlier tastes of grief.  I was in elementary school when I first played it and I cried myself to sleep that evening when I played it.

Games have kind of dulled my emotional reactions over the years, but Kingdom Hearts, Undertale, and the likes of them also take the cake.

Edited by Akari of Duskshire

To the Moon struck a particularly strong chord with me. All throughout the game, you're taken through this old man's life, and experience everything that's happened to him, all to make him realize his dream to one day visit the Moon.

It's a very touching story with an amazing soundtrack, some humor, and plenty of feels all around. I can't remember when the developers are releasing the sequel or even if it's out yet, but I hope it's soon.

Even with that said, you really should try the game, it's been known to be one of the best indie games, having been created by one man over the course of 4 years. The original is free if you want to give it a shot: http://www.cavestory.org/download/cave-story.php

Its tear jerking in a sad and good way at the same time

sig-4242743.tumblr_inline_nj3sl5iB8v1rd6

Ah, I played the first 5 or 10 minutes, I'm still anticipating that moment. D:

The last of Us

Honestly I'm surprised only one other person said my favorite game: The Last of Us. Believe me I have never once cried during a game but that game.... it made me feel so many things. I can't possibly describe how it made me felt because language hasn't evolved enough for me to do so... yet.

The game play was fantastic and just playing the first part of the game 15 minutes in... caught me off guard. I have played it through 7 times. And my gf has played it through herself.

The best way to describe this wonderful lovingly made masterpiece, which I believe is the pinnacle of gaming's finest and execution pushing it into a different type of game that is story driven with in depth characters with emotion and feelings, is an interactive playable movie. It's just a movie that you play which can really throw you in a loop. IGN gave it a 10/10 in 2013 for a reason. I can't ever play it without crying even though I know what happens.

Please I urge everyone to play it. It's a VERY good game. Sorry Xbox and pc users. Only ps3/ps4 people only. You can watch others play it though. I recommend this part 1 by markiplier.

The [Freaking] Last of Us. Oh my gosh I was so connected to Joel and Ellie throughout the entire game. So much so that every time one of us died I freaking cringed and felt another piece of my heart being ripped out along with their throat... *shudder* :lie:

Awh man, now I hella wanna play the Last of Us, guys. See what you did? D :<

• Brohoof 2

Clock Tower 3.... I saw that game be played when I was a child. There were certain scenes in that game I probably should not have seen at that age. There are a number of parts of that game that are sad and disturbing.

Honestly, I had to put aside my hatred of the Playstation controller just so I could play it! Xbox is my console, but The Last of Us is my favorite game. I played it all the way through 3 times in one semester last year it was so good. The only other games I've played through that much that fast have been:

Halo 2,

Halo 3

Halo: Reach

Halo 4

Fable: The Lost Chapters

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

The Last of Us is by far the most compelling game I've ever played.

• Brohoof 1

Clock Tower 3.... I saw that game be played when I was a child. There were certain scenes in that game I probably should not have seen at that age. There are a number of parts of that game that are sad and disturbing.
I have clock tower 3 and I have only played it once, I got to the part where the monster jumps out of the wall yelling "I KILLED HER". It was at this point I turned the ps2 off and tried to play a much happier game...
  • Brohoof 1

The game has good pacing and is pretty long it will take you a couple of days to finish it. Took me about a week the first time I played it and yes I cried during the end credits.

Once you play it you'll be a die hard fan. I can't stress enough though. If you want a real experience. Turn the lights off and turn the TV up with no outside noise/distraction. The ambiance will add so much more to it. You will cry be ready with tissues

Edited by MeanBlackHawk
  • Brohoof 1

The game has good pacing and is pretty long it will take you a couple of days to finish it. Took me about a week the first time I played it and yes I cried during the end credits.

Once you play it you'll be a die hard fan. I can't stress enough though. If you want a real experience. Turn the lights off and turn the TV up with no outside noise/distraction. The ambiance will add so much more to it. You will cry be ready with tissues

Done. I have twenty-six box of tissues ready. Curtain closed. Sound high. Three day weekend. It's a go.

I called the ending to Fallout 4's main arc before I could freely explore vault 111. Still broke my heart.

Hm, I've just seen a little bit of a Fallout, and all I can remember is your kid at the beginning of the game. But, I never would've expected Fallout 4, I guess I'll either have to play it or watch it now. 

• Brohoof 1

Star Trek Online

The day Spock left us forever, players gather in the planet Vulcan, in remembrance of him.

I had not experienced such sad emotion before I got down here with others in the game.

Though the emotion is not caused by the game itself, it does provide us a platform to share and enhance our feelings.

d3929da1cd11728bce3ba853ccfcc3cec3fd2c3a

• Brohoof 1