Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Video Game(s) that Made You Take a Ride on the Feels Train?

Kafooku

There's a few, two of which i remember:

Undertale. Wonderful game, wonderful humor, and also wonderful job on playing with emotions. So many things in this game that makes you feel both happy beyond relief, and sad or angry to the point of tears and self-loathing. I won't spoil anything, so I'm not gonna go into details.

Presentable Liberty. This... This... This "game" toyed with my emotions and thoughts like a kitten plays with a ball of yarn. This fantastic creation almost changed how i think about life, making me experience the peak of several emotions like pity, sadness, anger, fear, hope. An hour of my life well-spent.

• Brohoof 1

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re: Birth 2 Conquest Ending was really painful to see through. I cried :/

The Last Of Us at the start of the game was very painful. I was in tears.

Finally the ending to The Walking Dead was also very painful. I was in tears their too :/

Edited by Neptune Planeptune
  • Brohoof 1

My, some of the most emotional games I've encountered are The Last of Us, Fallout 3 (I did it dad, they now have clean, fresh water), EVO: Search for Eden (Sweet Jesus, I killed Bigfoot's ancestors!), Shadow of the Colossus, Earthbound (Ness, Ness, NESS!), Life is Strange, BioShock 2, Beyond Two Souls, To The Moon and Silent Hill 2. They have cutscenes that surely know how to thug right at your heartstrings.

But the game that has given me the more feelings is definitely NieR:

The story of a badass yet loving father doing his best to help his ill daughter survive in a decaying, withered world. It's a truly underrated game that certainly deserves more love. The whole thing is one huge tragic experience, happy moments are scarce, and the voice acting manages to convey the emotions of this characters. Some highlights include Emil's backstory and sacrifice, Fyra's death by wolves at her wedding, no less, Kaine's backstory, certain sidequests, and no matter what ending you get, they're either bittersweet at best or terribly depressing. And when you think the sadness is over, the credits come with the song "Ashes of Dreams", which is truly lovely but highly tearjerking as well.

• Brohoof 1

There's a few, two of which i remember:

Undertale. Wonderful game, wonderful humor, and also wonderful job on playing with emotions. So many things in this game that makes you feel both happy beyond relief, and sad or angry to the point of tears and self-loathing. I won't spoil anything, so I'm not gonna go into details.

Presentable Liberty. This... This... This "game" toyed with my emotions and thoughts like a kitten plays with a ball of yarn. This fantastic creation almost changed how i think about life, making me experience the peak of several emotions like pity, sadness, anger, fear, hope. An hour of my life well-spent.

Are...are you me? Are you a clone of me or something? XD

• Brohoof 1

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness (including Explorers of Time and Explorers of Sky)

The only game to ever make me really cry.. the story and the ending was really well done and the ending just made my cry.. :(

It never fails to make me cry at the end, no matter how many times i replay though it.. It's that good..

The well composed music would have contributed highly to this..

Here's the music that plays during the ending when the sad part happens..

Brings tears to my eyes every time i listen to it.. it never fails..

But yeah.. I highly recommend Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky to anyone who would want to try it..

It's an awesome game, You are a Pokemon, it's well balanced, it uses random generated maps in dungeons..

The music is amazing! As well as having an awesome and well in depth story :)

Ori and the blind forest also made me sad at one point in the story, i felt really sad, but not quite enough to shed tears..

Edited by AURAequine

"Dust An Elysian Tale" is the only game to ever actually make me shead a few tears

Other games that played with my emotions pretty well were "Murdered Soul Suspect", "To The Moon", "The Crooked Man", "The Walking Dead game", "Mafia 2", and "The Sims 3 and 4"

Oh and watching Snake catch one of his soldiers In MGS GZ as he got shot. He reminded me of the soldier I played as in MGS PW

• Brohoof 2

For me it was the Games Obscure and Obscure 2 who give me the most feels.

In Obscure one i was very sad at the boss, when you have to kill him, because i really feel bad for him and then this sad end music that plays...

In Obscure 2 there were much more sad moments, because a lot of the Main Characters die. And again, because of the really sad music.

Then there is Undertale of course, which is also very very emotional, i cried at this game.

And then there was this one Rpg Game that Markiplier played, were someone wanted to go to the Moon.

I dont remember the name anymore, but i cried. A lot.

Then there is also Life is Strange. It didnt made me feel that bad, than all the other games did, but its still a very good emotional game.

An underrated moment is Damon Gant's confession at the end of Rise From The Ashes in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Instead of cursing you out like Manfred Von Karma, he actually admits he was in the wrong, regrets losing The Judge's friendship, and genuinely wishes Phoenix and Edgeworth the best of luck.

Edited by A.V.

Life Is Strange 

Especially the end of episode 3 where you save William and you think everything will turn out better only to find Chloe paralyzed in a wheelchair

Also. Kate Marsh is the sweetest character ever 

• Brohoof 1

hmmm lets see...

Ori And The Blind Forest

You pretty much know you'll need the tissue boxes when the game's got tears in your eyes just from the prologue. I mean...jeez.

Dark Souls

Kind of an odd choice you may say, and I'd agree. However, the first dark souls was immersive for me on a whole different level. As I progressed through the game, and the story unfolded, I began to truly realise how hopeless my task was. Any task or boss you complete, what does it really do but prolong the inevitable? It even says in the prologue that all humanity clings to is mere embers and eventually even they will be extinguished. It left me in an incredibly depressed emotional state for quite a few weeks as I played it.

Assassin's Creed 3

Connor's ending scene in the game was really powerful in my opinion. It was the first Assassin's Creed game where I actually felt some accomplishment from what I'd done and the cinematography and writing of the last scene was beautifully executed.

Life Is Strange 

Especially the end of episode 3 where you save William and you think everything will turn out better only to find Chloe paralyzed in a wheelchair

Also. Kate Marsh is the sweetest character ever 

Yes and Yes. I felt the same way. Especially with Kate Marsh and the ending of Episode 2. (it was 2 right?)

I'm gonna be that guy and say Undertale. The only thing keeping me from weeping like I'd lost someone, was that I was in a Skype call.

Awh man, a lot of people are saying Undertale. Is this a sign that I should play it?

Assassin's Creed 3

Connor's ending scene in the game was really powerful in my opinion. It was the first Assassin's Creed game where I actually felt some accomplishment from what I'd done and the cinematography and writing of the last scene was beautifully executed.

This. I guess I felt the same as well, it was one of those things that just made you smile I guess.

Awh man, a lot of people are saying Undertale. Is this a sign that I should play it?

If you're someone who loves story-driven games, yes. Hell, if you're a living, breathing human; yes.

Just remember to go in on neutral ground. Despite the hype, don't go in expecting the all time GOTY for ever. It doesn't work out well for any game.

It's still GOAT(mum) though. :3

• Brohoof 1

SPOILERS AHEAD

Metal Gear Solid 3: Probably one of the saddest games ever made, Naked Snake gets a gun, you have to pull the trigger to kill his spiritual mother, the Boss.

Zone of the Enders: A game, also by Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa, about a boy who ends up being embroiled in a battle for a colony, he doesn't like death, or killing people. And is an unwanted child, his friends hated him, his parents hated him, the only person who knew him and cared for him that much was his girlfriend Celvice, and the crew of the UN Vessel.

Ace Combat 5: Man, this game is really sad, there is a scene where this awesome pilot who was pretty much the fan favourite of the game, Chopper, dies in the 17th mission after getting shot down.

Fable III: Seeing Bowerstone like this is sure to make you upset.

• Brohoof 2