Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

how good is the mlp manga?

tickleshine

just wondering but has anyone of you ever read the manga version of mlp and if so how was it.Was it good different and explain

Since when is there a manga of MLP? I'm not aware of any MLP comics originating from Japan.

• Brohoof 1

No, there's an actual official manga. Not an ongoing series, though. One or two "books" or something (from my understanding, being a collection of short one-offs).

Edited by Daring_Do

@@tickleshine

@@Nintenboy195

@@cwhip9

I think this is what is being talked about, and yes I would very much recommend it.

@@Venomous,

Check link above, this is a manga style MLP comic very much inspired by both the show and magical girl series. 

Hmm, interesting. I don't know if this is the same one, the one I'm thinking of is not a fan comic, but this looks quite interesting. I'm gonna check this one out too :3 thx m8

Hmm, interesting. I don't know if this is the same one, the one I'm thinking of is not a fan comic, but this looks quite interesting. I'm gonna check this one out too :3 thx m8

Not the same one, I reckon EquestrianScholar just didn't know about the official one. Neither did that Venomous guy for that matter...

@@tickleshine

@@Nintenboy195

@@cwhip9

I think this is what is being talked about, and yes I would very much recommend it.

@@Venomous,

Check link above, this is a manga style MLP comic very much inspired by both the show and magical girl series. 

Quoting to get your attention because I forgot to in my first post.

Edited by Daring_Do
  • Brohoof 1

Not the same one, I reckon EquestrianScholar just didn't know about the official one. Neither did that Venomous guy for that matter...

Quoting to get your attention because I forgot to in my first post.

Ahh, Alright. cool! ^w^ thats good to know!

It's in Japanese; I can't read it. You can probably find it on Amazon.

I thought I heard there was a fan translation, but I've has a hard time finding it.

Ahh, Alright. cool! ^w^ thats good to know!

I thought I heard there was a fan translation, but I've has a hard time finding it.

I've only found parts of it in English myself.. Not sure there's a fan translation of the whole thing. I wish there was, though. I really want to read it.

Hopefully I'm wrong and there is one.

Edited by Daring_Do
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I actually own the manga. It is a thing, and I signed up for an Amazon Japan account to get it. It's definitely a good conversation starter to say the least, but it has only been released in Japan so far, and is in Japanese, so I've been putting off reading it, largely due to a lack of time, but I might get the chance after this holiday season. My impression so far is that it's neat, and it actually feels more like a comic than an actual manga (and even has a dust jacket). Actually, in some ways it kind of has a storybook feel to it. If nothing else, it adds prestige to my collection. Here is an EQD page that has English scans of the first three page story: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/08/japanese-pony-manga-is-ridiculously-cute.html

• 3 months later...

I've only found parts of it in English myself.. Not sure there's a fan translation of the whole thing. I wish there was, though. I really want to read it.

Hopefully I'm wrong and there is one.

I think Equestria Daily posted a link to an english translation, but it's been a while since I've seen it

• 1 month later...

I really like this manga adaptation of friendship is magic especially since it's not just a copy and paste of the show and the characters really have depth to them plus the drawing is awesome and story wise excellent but one thing that bugs me is the exposition luckily it's not too much but anime and manga is notorious for trying to explain every little detail, you know what I'm talking about if you watch anime or read manga.

Edited by Midnight Seashell

I've read the online fan-made manga of MLP, and I have to say it looks pretty cool!

At first I got confuse on exactly how to read it, if it's made to read from right to left like most japanese manga, or left to right like western comics.

Overall, I will be interested in continuing to read the manga. :)

it's really weird, but also really cute, someone translated it on DA and it's also on Derpibooru. I recommend reading it if you get the chance