Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RyaN_

53 users have voted

1. 1. Which Equestria Girls is the best (Just choose one)?

• MLP: Equestria Girls (Original)
    • MLP: EG Rainbow Rocks
    • MLP: EG Friendship Games

****Disclaimer: Please don't have a flame war over differing opinions; This article may contain spoilers, if you're reading this, I presume you've watched all three movies*****

So the other day, me and my friend; Let's call him Josh..yeah so me and Josh were watching the Equestria Girls DVD when we had an argument over some things (we argue a lot so it's no biggie ^^).

So anyways, Josh suggested I ask you guys some stuff, so here we go:

1. Which EG Movie is your favorite and why (EG/RR/FG)?

2. Favorite Equestrian Girl/ Guy? 

Note: I'm referring to the human world characters, this has nothing to do with the ponies back at Equestria

3. Favorite EQG song? 

Yes, I'm making you chose one, sorry.

So here are what we answered (You can skip this part):

1. R: Rainbow Rocks: best music, well developed plot, AWESOME ending!

J: Equestria Girls: Apparently, because it's Theater-Quality..

2. R: Sunset Shimmer: Well developed character,although FG's ending was kinda overkill.

J: Trix...I mean, The GREAT and POWERFUL TRIXIE (he really likes Trixie).

3. R: Better than ever

J: Friendship through the Ages

Edited by RyaN_

1. Rainbow Rocks has the best story, best animation, best characters, best music, it's just the best.

2. Sunny!!!!! She is just so adorable.

3. Under Our Spell. I love that song

• Brohoof 3

1: Rainbow rocks, the others don't come close in comparison for me

2: Sunset shimmer, even when she was the villain in the first one I liked her, and she's been awesome ever since

3: Welcome to the show. The whole climax of that film with the battle between the dazzlings and the rainbooms songs was so epic!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

3: Welcome to the show. The whole climax of that film with the battle between the dazzlings and the rainbooms songs was so epic!

The Rainbooms' songs were positive and cheerful, while The Dazzlings' were negative and sinister; Makes an AWESOME mix!  :icwudt:

Edited by RyaN_

To be fair, I feel like I should've watched the last one before commenting here... But I just got done watching Rainbow Rocks when I stumbled upon this thread. Maybe it was destiny! :P

Judging from the first two movies:

1. I loved Rainbow Rocks - I love music and music-themed stuff, so this is no surprise - for the awesome characters, music, etc.

2. This goes hand in hand with the above: Sunset Shimmer grew on me in that movie. After the first one I didn't think she would become a very likable character, but I just loved her in the second.

3. Under our spell or Battle, can't pick between them :P

(May update after watching the other one xD)

• Brohoof 1

But I just got done watching Rainbow Rocks when I stumbled upon this thread. Maybe it was destiny! :P

No matter how many times I watched it, the songs are traped in my head XD

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Rocks is my favorite EG movie. Why is pretty simple it has the best songs and music out of the series.

Lemon Zest and Aria Blaze.

3. Favorite EQG song? 

Helping Twilight Win The Crown

Edited by Rarity Is Best Pony

Rainbow Rocks. All three films are far below the level of storytelling quality to expect from this generation. This one sucks the least.

For the characters living in Pedestria, only Spike, and no one comes close. Previously, I would've said Pinkie Pie, but she's become a flat shell of herself since the first. In FG, Spike had plenty of personality before and after he gained the ability to talk.

When talking about overall, Spike from Equestria. Out of all the characters in EQG1, he was easily the best written, and it was by far his best performance in the entire series. He was a very important cornerstone for Twilight as she tried to get her crown back all the while trying to hide her whereabouts. On top of it, he was witty, smart, and a cannon for comedy.

3. Favorite EQG song?

Welcome to the Show. Catapulted a very tense climax between the Dazzlings and Rainbooms and Sunset's redemption.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

1) Personally preferred Friendship Game's story

2) As far as the mane cast, it's still Rainbow, but I also like Sunset, Aria Blaze, Lemon Zest and the EQG version of Trixie

3) Favorite song is either Welcome to the Show or Unleash the Magic

1. Wasn't a fan of any of 'em, but Friendship Games was probably the most fun to watch for me.

2. Spike. In all of the movies, he's really well-written and helpful to Twilight.

3. Unleash the Magic or Helping Twilight Win the Crown.

Not starting a flame war but... I HATE that they made me be like this isnt 100% a little girls show and then bam! Dora the explorer 2!

They took escaping reality into horrible reality.  :eww:

1. They all had their ups and downs, but I guess I would go with the first one. I found it to be the most charming out of all of them. The sequels were written much better, without a doubt, but it's their underlying premise that gets to me (both of their anti-climaxes just seemed silly to me).

2. "Sci-Twi", I believe she is called. Though I lack the intelligence of human Twilight, I can definitely relate to her the most. Especially the instances where folks would ram into her and she would apologize; that happens to me a lot, and it felt really jarring to see Twilight going through that. That depiction nailed my level of social awkwardness.

3. Helping Twilight Win the Crown. Dat's mah jam! :D

Edited by GeekySonic
  • Brohoof 2

Especially the instances where folks would ram into her and she would apologize; that happens to me a lot, and it felt really jarring to see Twilight going through that. That depiction nailed my level of social awkwardness.

Same here; What you need is some IRON WILL training!  :yay:

• Brohoof 2

Favorite Movie?

Friendship Games is my personal favorite. Rainbow Rocks had better music, but Friendship Games had a better story in my opinion and had none of the cringe-inducing scenes that the other two had.

Favorite Character?

Sunset Shimmer. I just love her entire arc of redemption over the course of the movies, especially when it all came full circle at the end of Friendship Games.

Favorite Song?

Tie between Welcome to the Show and My Past is Not Today

1. Rainbow Rocks - This movie was a huge improvement from the first, as there was much less exposition, as well as a plot that gradually made the situation go from bad to worse, while naturally including music and infighting. All of this caused a huge amount of development in Sunset Shimmer, and led up to an awesome climax.

2. Sunset Shimmer

3. The entire battle in the "Welcome to the Show" song at the end of the movie.

(edited)

as well as a plot that gradually made the situation go from bad to worse, while naturally including music and infighting. 

But it led to one heck of a song! I find it funny how each of the mane 6 squints at RainbowDash XD.

Edited by RyaN_

****Disclaimer: Please don't have a flame war over differing opinions; This article may contain spoilers, if you're reading this, I presume you've watched all three movies*****

So the other day, me and my friend; Let's call him Josh..yeah so me and Josh were watching the Equestria Girls DVD when we had an argument over some things (we argue a lot so it's no biggie ^^).

Note: I'm referring to the human world characters, this has nothing to do with the ponies back at Equestria

3. Favorite EQG song? 

2. R: Sunset Shimmer: Well developed character,although FG's ending was kinda overkill.

1: Rainbow Rocks, better music, a better thought plot, and it was more interesting because, unlike the other two movies, it had a constant threat of sirens attempting to dominate the world, instead of said danger showing up at the end

2: Sunny. COME ON, SHE'S BASICALLY THE FACE OF EG. Better developed, great design, voice

3: Don't remember right now 

3. Favorite EQG song? 

1: Rainbow Rocks, better music, a better thought plot, and it was more interesting because, unlike the other two movies, it had a constant threat of sirens attempting to dominate the world, instead of said danger showing up at the end

2: Sunny. COME ON, SHE'S BASICALLY THE FACE OF EG. Better developed, great design, voice

3: Don't remember right now 

But it led to one heck of a song! I find it funny how each of the mane 6 squints at RainbowDash XD.

I love how Fluttershy rolls her eyes right near the beginning of the song! It is s great tune though. Only Rainbow Dash could pull off writing a rock anthem to...HERSELF!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Alright, here we go:

1) Rainbow Rocks is my favorite, because it developed Sunset so incredibly well and in doing so gave me a new OTP to squee over, and it has amazing music.

2) Sunset Shimmer ever since Rainbow Rocks. As a villain she might as well have been a cardboard cutout, but once she got developed into a real character she became incredibly awesome and relatable.

3) Umm...This one's hard. Musically, I think Under Our Spell because the vocalizations are so haunting, but Welcome To The Show wins because of Sunset's Crowning Moment of Awesome at the end of it.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite is Friendship Games because it has the best story in my opinion (<- Sunset's & Sci-Twi's parts, not the games itself) and I really like how they developed Sunset.  

But Rainbow Rocks is a really close second place.

Sunset Shimmer.  eg-suncute.png

3. Favorite EQG song? 

What More Is Out There (Sci-Twi & Sunset Duet)

Edited by Fluidty
  • Brohoof 1