Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web When Do You Dislike YouTube Videos?

Grepper

I mostly only dislike a video when it is total click bait and misleading and have nothing with what the name and video picture. 

Really?! That is harsh! Some of the funniest videos I have seen on YouTube were less than 30 seconds long!

I know its harsh, but if it isn't long enough it really isn't worth my time... :/

(edited)

I find myself disliking a video if:

• The person is collaborating with someone
  • The video takes too long to get to the main reason I clicked on the video
  • The video is racist, abusive, etc.

You dislike videos just because they are collab videos?! I don't even have anything to say about that. Except, HARSH!!!!

I know its harsh, but if it isn't long enough it really isn't worth my time... :/

Then why do you spend the time disliking that! Spending time dislike a video just based on it's length? I can understand you not liking the video and being like "waste of time", but disliking the video?

Edited by Babyyoshi309
  • Brohoof 1

Practically never. I rarely use any of the functions below an actual YouTube video, except maybe to subscribe to a channel if I find myself coming back to it a lot. If I don't like a particular video, I'm most likely just going to close out of it, simple as. The like/dislike bar doesn't really mean anything at the end of the day. It's just another measurement of how much attention your content has been getting.

Maybe some users consider it more important than that, but I've just never seen the necessary function behind it. >_>

• 3 weeks later...

I don't touch these functions a lot of the time, but when I do dislike a video, it's mainly because of click bait. Sure, it's a tactic to get more views for your content, but don't mislead.

Anything related to ****ty musicians such as Justin Bieber, Ke$ha, or the Backstreet Boys that I come across gets an automatic dislike.

Anything in support of Donald Trump, automatic dislike.

Anything that is just plain stupid and disturbing- Dislike.

My main reasons are:

- It is a repeat of something that has already been done to the death of it

- It is done badly (i.e editing etc)

- the sound and/or lighting is bad

- it is overly offensive (even if it is on purpose)

- It is clickbaity (the thumbnail has got nothing to do with the video)

- The youtuber is being really annoying and irritating (Markiplier, PwediePie, Keemstar etc)

I can generally tell from the title, thumbnail, channel and 'related videos' context if I'm going to really dislike a video, and in such instances, I simply won't watch it.  As such, it it is very rare for me to actually hit the thumbs down button.

I was however, one of the legion of people that downvoted the Ghostbusters 2016 trailer, because it just looked awful, the only thing I could think of while watching it was that it looked more a bad episode of Scooby Doo.

• 5 years later...

I think there's only one or two videos I've ever disliked. If I don't like a video, I just move on and watch something I can actually enjoy.

I never liked or disliked a video. I am not a fan of this thumps up thumps down or stars system you have on so many internet sides. For me eprsonal, when I find something really good, than I write it in a comment, and when I find something bad, I also write it down (in a constructive way) because in my opinion, such a rating system says nothing why I like or dislike something. And the creator is not helped in my opinion when you have upvotes or downvotes. But words do. And when a video is that bad or even a clickbait video or something similar, then I just stop watching it.

Rarely, usually only when, like many people have already said, the content is clickbait or misleading. Never dislike videos simply because I disagree with them, the video has to be pretty poorly made with terrible points for me to even consider that. 

• Brohoof 1

Rarely and only if their content is purposely designed to be offensive or otherwise harmful. That applies to all sorts of pseudoscience and fake news too. With that in mind I still am much happier to just report this kind of stuff and that rarely happens, because I am simply not looking for it :P 

When I don't enjoy something I just... don't do anything at all.