Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games you have purchased recently

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I got Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4 on the Switch, hoping they do well enough that they consider porting VC2 and VC3 on it as well

11 hours ago, This Whomps said:

I got Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4 on the Switch, hoping they do well enough that they consider porting VC2 and VC3 on it as well

I doubt they'll ever bring 2 and 3 over. It's been entirely too long and neither was ever as popular as the original.

11 minutes ago, Discordian said:

I doubt they'll ever bring 2 and 3 over. It's been entirely too long and neither was ever as popular as the original.

let me dream

I bought 4 games out of boredom/rage.

Flatout 4: Total Insanity. Played it, and it was meh.

Kynseed. Bought it cause people who worked for LionHead studios(the ones who made Fable) made it. Looks chill.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster. Cause i wanna believe its 2001 again.

Lastly, Universe Sandbox exponent 2. Spaaaaaaaaaace.

I kinda went nuts on my online shopping.

Labyrinth of Refrain, Warriors Orochi 4, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Skyrim, and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, all for Switch 

Just bought Shadow of War on Xbox One X. Only $12.50 so that seems worth it. I am hoping the microtransactions influence was reduced to a minimum, unless they are gone completely like I've heard. 

Edited by Kyoshi

• 1 month later...

Between yesterday and today, I've purchased Super Mario Odyssey, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition and the Crash Bandicoot N Sane Triology for the Switch. 

I got myself Shantae: Half-Genie Hero on the Switch as a bit of a random gift to myself. Normally I'm not into platformers and stuff, but I feel like these types of games work great on the Switch so I don't mind giving them a chance every now and then. ^^

Also grabbed Star Wars: Battlefront II on PC since it was on sale for really cheap, like $6, so figured hey why not for that price.

I brought Just Cause 4 which so far is one of my favourite games - I have no idea why so many people hate it as it’s an improvement from the others and I have found no issues with the game. :ooh:

I brought a GPD WIN 2 because why not? It can somehow run GTA V, yet can’t even load other games like Saints Row 2. Still a cool device though. :fluttershy:

I was hoping to get a PC or Laptop as I don’t have anything that can utilise my mechanical keyboard or graphics tablet. :nom:

I also brought Battlefield 1 and Black Ops 4, but can’t play them because they’re for PC. :yeahno:

I bought Pokemon Ultra Sun because I skipped it last year and this would have been my second year without a Pokemon game. I didn't care for Sun, so GF should be happy I'm giving this generation a second chance. I suppose releasing something so bad as LGP/E makes everything else look better in comparison. lol.

I bought Okami HD on the Switch while it was on sale. It feels really good having different controller options as opposed to playing it with just motion controls on the Wii

3 hours ago, Envy said:

I bought Pokemon Ultra Sun because I skipped it last year and this would have been my second year without a Pokemon game. I didn't care for Sun, so GF should be happy I'm giving this generation a second chance. I suppose releasing something so bad as LGP/E makes everything else look better in comparison. lol.

I dunno, I think Sun/Moon were just as bad as LGPE. USUM does has its good things at the very least. :muffins:

Here's hoping Gen 8 will be great tho. 

Decided to pick up Starlink on Switch since it's going incredibly cheap. I'm guessing Ubisoft realized the toys-to-life gimmicks because they dropped that entire gimmick shortly before release, unfortunately the damage was already done. Which is unforunately because they game itself is pretty good as is

Recently bought Civilization VI for Switch since it was on sale. Pretty hilarious/sad that a Switch game only a few months old goes on sale, but Nintendo never slashes the price of DK Tropical Freeze, a game that released for Switch over a year ago and it itself is a port of a game that released what, 4 years ago? Nintendo is terrible at providing even decent deals to people.

I bought Desert Strike for the SNES last week at a local game and video store. I played the gameboy advance version when I was a young teenager and enjoyed it. 

• Brohoof 1

I just bought a package of 25 steam games for $2.79 in the winter sale, coming down to about 11 cents a game. The savings were 95% of the regular prices. I've played a few of them and they sometimes fall into the "so bad they're good" category, with one taking less than 15 minutes to beat. I'd say it was worth the money for the laughs.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I purchased Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Switch as it was on sale, once every 3000 years. Gonna be honest...I don't think I like it very much. While I have heard this is a great *multiplayer* title and I haven't yet tried that aspect, the single player here leaves so much to be desired. One, the controls just feel awful. The karts all have extremely wide steering regardless of setup it seems and it is so easy to go off the track or hit a wall, which can completely screw you. Second, I HATE the modern idea of Mario Kart track design. It sucks. Most of it revolves around the same idea of 'really wacky layout with tons of very curved turns and huge inclines' and it is more annoying than anything. There's aren't enough more simple tracks, like Luigi's Circuit from Double Dash, which I loved its simple but still appealing design. Not to mention the whole underwater and gliding gimmicks are just that, gimmicks. They really don't seem to add much of anything to the game. Third, this honestly feels like the most luck based Mario Kart in the series. Whereas a game like Mario Kart DS (my personal favorite) really rewards drifting and can keep things relatively fair, this game the A.I. can destroy you without drifting even if you are nailing it. The rubberbanding here is really bad. I also seem to get hammered by koopa shells *constantly* in this game, more so than any others so any power up I get that can block them I have to keep on me. If there is a blue shell though then you are totally screwed if you don't have the counter for it. Also the coin you can get is completely pointless in the context of the race to me and you can't seem to switch powerups if you have two. Gee, it isn't like friggin' Double Dash let us do that 14 years ago. Another small complaint I have is that really lame star system for the cups. Basically if you want 3 stars, you must be first in all of that cup's races and considering how luck based this game is, good luck not going insane trying to do that. I don't even know what they do. OH YEAH, and the character roster is garbage. Did we *really* need trash like 5 different generic as hell koopa kids or the 3 different versions of Mario and Peach? Really Nintendo? 

To think, I had the choice of either Octopath Traveler or this in the sale and I chose this shit. Ugh. This might be my least favorite game in the series, *maybe* slightly below Mario Kart Wii. Mario Kart DS and Double Dash was this series at its peak. It has been downhill ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually bought both KH3 and the Deluxe Edition of KH3. I’m bad about kingdom hearts lol.

I had some spare money and decided to pick up Fallout 76. Figured I should play it for myself rather than let everyone tell me it's crap.

It was actually pretty fun when I was playing together with my friends, but the other 90% of the time when I was playing by myself in a server with random people, it was rather frustrating. I frequently found myself wandering into areas with high level players and getting immediately rekt by the high level mobs that spawned because of them. Without my friends, the world felt void of life and was honestly a slog to play through. Story almost exclusively through audio logs is not all that riveting. Seriously Bethesda, wtf were you thinking? At least have a town or two of ghouls that you can meet.

Game would have been worth the money if it was legal to kidnap my friends and lock them in my basement to play games with me at my discretion, but sadly that's just not the world we live in.

Edited by Twiggy