Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No Larson for Season 6

Whirlwind

He has written what I consider to be the worst episode in the history of the show, Flight to the Finish an episode so bad I can't even watch it all the way through.

That might terrify you, but if he wrote what I consider to be one of the best  episodes, then maybe there is still hope.

I loved flight at the finish. It was very relatable and heartwarming, and covered intense subject matters of bullying and disability. The only flaw is that they didn't really answer the question of will Scootaloo fly or not- but I understand that this was to prevent divisiveness and controversy. But great songs, great characters etc.

But opinions. I loved that episode so I have faith in him.

• Brohoof 1

Isn't this old news? I could be wrong, but I believe I remember MA Larson going on record at something (maybe that Comic Con panel that's filmed and posted online), and stating that he will be working on the movies henceforth. I can't remember precisely where I heard it, but I believe that's what he said. Feel free to look into it though, as I'm not the most informed.

0_0 Okay, Celestia is so fucking dead or nonexistent in the 2017 movie. Boooo!

I'm too lazy to search and watch it, i just believe you. ;-D

And not only, but could also cause the fandom to deteriorate tremendously. One can only assume that the show is now a shell of what it used to be. I mean think about it, if it weren't for those writers, this show wouldn't have had the reception that it's had over the years. By this point it's just turned into another generic kiddie show.

The show never changed actually. It's just the fandom that put it in such high regard, because of their expectations that never came true.

Well I can certainly say that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

And i can certainly say, that I AM not the only one who feels the other way. So don't express yourself like your opinion is better.

At least it won't be like Spongebob or the Simpsons.

Oh I'm sure it will be like The Fairly OddParents, Family Guy and South Park, I mean G4 will stay as long its successful, right?

That's pretty sad, a season without Larson and Rogers. I'm still looking forward to what the writers have to offer, my expectatives aren't as high as they were with season 5 (which didn't dissapoint, mostly thanks to both writers), but they weren't the only good writers in the show. 

Haber looks very promising, so does Levigner, and Polsky is still very good. The other writers didn't impress me that much, but Haber didn't impress me that much either in season 4 and now he's one of my favorites. 

More reason to suspect S6 is likely the final season with so many of the staff from DHX leaving and with a movie incoming next year. It's going to be pretty hard to replace many of the talent that are jumping ship from the show in such large droves.

Whaat? No, they wouldn't dare to leave the show, wouldn't they?

Whaat? No, they wouldn't dare to leave the show, wouldn't they?

When the end is in sight, you have a career you still need to nourish for your own livelihood, and believe that you have done more than plenty for the series you dedicated more than half a decade plus to, these hypothetical reasons would make the most sense for that situation happening with MLP's production staff.

Doom and Gloom and Bloom. Larson leaving sucks, all these other writers leaving sucks too, but hey...Season 6 isn't out yet. I'm keeping my hopes high for it, it's another season of ponies, I love this show to death and I'm not going to let some bad news spoil my excitement. Anytime something happens too many jump to the worst case scenario, looking for anything to convince them it's the truth. The season might totally suck, but I'm pretty doubtful. We'll probably at worst just get an "Average" season, and even that isn't so bad, something average can still be enjoyable, and have a few great gems in it.

As for the show ending...Possibly, though I hope not. Six seasons, plus a movie, plus the EQG movies is a pretty good run, but I'm hoping for at least a seventh season. Honestly, I'm dreading the end of this show, once it's gone I'll have next to no reason to watch TV other than Doctor Who. Probably just end up watching pony reruns for all of eternity.

• Brohoof 3

Doom and Gloom and Bloom. Larson leaving sucks, all these other writers leaving sucks too, but hey...Season 6 isn't out yet. I'm keeping my hopes high for it, it's another season of ponies, I love this show to death and I'm not going to let some bad news spoil my excitement. Anytime something happens too many jump to the worst case scenario, looking for anything to convince them it's the truth. The season might totally suck, but I'm pretty doubtful. We'll probably at worst just get an "Average" season, and even that isn't so bad, something average can still be enjoyable, and have a few great gems in it.

As for the show ending...Possibly, though I hope not. Six seasons, plus a movie, plus the EQG movies is a pretty good run, but I'm hoping for at least a seventh season. Honestly, I'm dreading the end of this show, once it's gone I'll have next to no reason to watch TV other than Doctor Who. Probably just end up watching pony reruns for all of eternity.

Yeah. You're right BasementBloom, there might be a seventh or future seasons coming up, but who knows! Right?

Yeah. You're right BasementBloom, there might be a seventh or future seasons coming up, but who knows! Right?

None of us really know, but I know that every time a new season is coming, people start predicting it's the end. Saw it happen with season 2, with season 3, with 4, with 5, now with 6. Sure, they might be right, but people always manage to convince themselves of it, it's a little silly. It could end here, it could end at season 26.

• Brohoof 2

And what about Bob's Burgers? That show is doing well because it's successful and it keeps on getting future seasons! Why not the same with MLP:FiM?

Because  it also has less than around 50 episodes than MLP FIM so the seasonal rot is not going to be as strong, also it's only in it's 6th season which I've considered to be the sweet spot area (5-8 seasons) for a show's longevity where it lasts long enough to leave an enduring impact and at the same time the show isn't suffering too badly with a seasonal rot. MLP FIM can do it too if the staff wishes too. I don't mind if they continue with more seasons, but I'm also prepared incase they decide 6 tv seasons is enough for them to do.

• Brohoof 1

Haber looks very promising, so does Levigner, and Polsky is still very good. The other writers didn't impress me that much, but Haber didn't impress me that much either in season 4 and now he's one of my favorites.

Levinger left too. And Haber has some pretty big misses.

@,

But with the 3 best writers gone from mlp, and one completely invested in the movie, that leaves only two  writers who we know, and both of them have had average-to-bad episodes, with maybe a couple of hits. And neither of them has really been completely on point with characterization- something which is especially important for the success of this show.

I am not saying the show is doomed with certainty, but a few recent storytelling decisions, some of the plot premises for S6 episodes, and the loss of the best writers all bring this to serious question.

You are free to like the show as you will, and I'm glad you're managing to be hyped. But I want to say- don't be concerned if S6 is the last season of G4. There will still definitely be MLP. But since most of the characters are achieving their goals, and reaching their maximum potential, I think it is time to start wrapping it up. All good things must come to an end. It's a part of life. But one good thing ending doesn't mean another good thing can't come. There will definitely be a G5, especially with bronies and pegasisters around. And, with hope, they'll keep it in the same world.

But I want G4 to end strong before it starts puttering out into nothing. And it definitely would not hold up into season 26. Most shows that go that long, especially cartoons, have gone to heck in a handbasket. Shows like Star Trek and Dr. Who last that long because they refresh the cast every few years. And that's the way to make a show last. You need to know that there is only so much to be done with a given group of characters, and you need to know when to end their story and start a new one.

• Brohoof 1

"Amending Fences" episode is my last hope of M.A. Larson's developing episodes of the series. I'm sure to miss him that he's not developing episodes at the sixth season. :(

I hope some writers are still working in developing new episodes throughout the series to make a great performance without Amy Keating Rogers and M.A. Larson.

• Brohoof 2

Amy Rogers, Sibsy, Larson and Levinger dropping the show at the same moment? No one mentioning a writers brainstorming meet-up?

Dear bronies and pegasister.

I think the FiM series is simply going to end with S6. Hasbro is planning to promote the pony toys through movies the same way it promotes Equestria Girls toy sets. Tv series is completely unnecessary and the view ratings for new episodes is lower than Fairy odd parents or Teen Titans GO. Hasbro gains nothing out of the series and the brony fandom diminished over the course of 5 years. 2 movies once a year, IDW comics and selling toys are their only profittable activities. The fact that Mike Vogel, the Hasbro executive and MLP producer has written an episode for Season 6 also strongly suggest that this is the finale good bye.