Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season Six will probably be Spike's best season!

FlareGun45

Frankly, making this Spike's best season wouldn't be all that hard. All the writers have to do is portray him as the same character in all his episodes, and have him display a basic level of competence in whatever he does. :diamondtiara:

But snark aside, I am intrigued by the possibilities of a friendship with Starlight Glimmer. I think the BEST thing that could happen is this:

1. Starlight has actually been faking most of her reformation to this point. Sure, she gave up on her time-traveling plan when she saw how badly it was screwing up Equestria. But she still has no love for Twilight and her friends, and she still wants =quality.  Beautiful =quality...  :sneer:

2. Having come to trust Spike, she reveals this to him. He's torn between betraying that trust by telling on her, or endangering Equestria by keeping her secret. Spike realizes that the difficult task of showing her true friendship is on him, and him alone...and he doesn't have much time.  :o

Huh? Huh? What do you think of that idea?  :)

Calling the episode now: Twilight uses an age Spell to turn spike into an adult dragon and that's how he's able to compete in the gauntlet.

The bully dragons also return as his opponents in the episode.

I actually think differently of that. Not that yours was any bad, it was actually good. :) Does Twilight know how to use an age spell now? She didn't during Magic Duel, but that was when she wasn't a princess, so it could be different now. 

I actually think that Spike doesn't want the title, and he'd prefer to give the title to a new dragon friend he makes during the gauntlet, but she'd rather have Spike have the title so he can help the dragons and ponies have peace, since she thinks ponies aren't as bad as they seem. That leads to a final duel with Garble, and Spike's losing, until he finds out he's fighting for his friends which is the reason why he's getting the title. So Spike gets angry and the friendship inside him causes him to temporarily grow up and beat him epicly! So you see, friendship prevails again!

Frankly, making this Spike's best season wouldn't be all that hard. All the writers have to do is portray him as the same character in all his episodes, and have him display a basic level of competence in whatever he does. :diamondtiara:

But snark aside, I am intrigued by the possibilities of a friendship with Starlight Glimmer. I think the BEST thing that could happen is this:

1. Starlight reveals that she has actually been faking most of her reformation to this point. Sure, she gave up on her time-traveling plan when she saw how badly it was screwing up Equestria. But she still has no love for Twilight and her friends, and she still wants =quality.  Beautiful =quality...  :sneer:

2. Having come to trust Spike, she reveals this to him. He's torn between betraying that trust by telling on her, or endangering Equestria by saying nothing. Spike realizes that the difficult task of showing her true friendship is on him, and him alone...and he doesn't have much time.  :o

Huh? Huh? What do you think of that idea?  :)

Not bad! But the ending would be he actually reforms her for real. Starlight would fail reuniting with Sunburst, and she turns back into her evil self out of denial. The Mane Six are too busy helping out with Flurry Heart since her magic is destroying the city which is a bigger threat, so Spike would have to take care of Starlight himself by asking himself, "What would Twilight do?" So he does that, then combines it with a bit of his own words of mutual feeling.

• Brohoof 1

Not bad! But the ending would be he actually reforms her for real. Starlight would fail reuniting with Sunburst, and she turns back into her evil self out of denial. The Mane Six are too busy helping out with Flurry Heart since her magic is destroying the city which is a bigger threat, so Spike would have to take care of Starlight himself by asking himself, "What would Twilight do?" So he does that, then combines it with a bit of his own words of mutual feeling.

one word : TY-Y   so any 'combat' will jsut be cheap slap fight or not a duel at all but some sort of obistacl course or challange of one marrits or something

You know, the more I think about this, the more interesting an idea it sounds. I imagine Starlight will become one of the 'mane' characters, because that seems to be direction they're taking it in, but this could still happen. Much like how, even though all of the Mane 6 are friends, some are closer than others (ex. Rainbow Dash and Applejack), Starlight could be friends with the mane 6 and Spike, but closer to Spike than with the others.

• Brohoof 1

Glike, on 19 Mar 2016 - 9:46 PM, said:

Oh yes please I never realized how much I want this. Starlight and Spike would be amazing as friends. Starlight will get a friend she can always count on and learn from, and Spike can realize that there are those inspired by him.

I want this so much!

I didn't realize how awesome this would be until you pointed it out. My eyes have been opened.

Let's hope both SG and Spike will become cool characters this season. For Spike, its been 5 seasons and he hasn't gotten his moment yet.

• Brohoof 1

Enough Spike, when do we get more Griffons?

I do enjoy Spike, but I honestly don't want him to be the main focus of TOO many episodes. Maybe one or two, but his episodes in my opinion, are usually pretty.. Unlikable. However that's just my opinion and I'm sure there are many who simply love his episodes, while I on the other talon find them a little dull or simply goofy.

Maybe if they treated him more as his own character and less of a FOIL I'd start liking him a little more.

Enough Spike, when do we get more Griffons?

I do enjoy Spike, but I honestly don't want him to be the main focus of TOO many episodes. Maybe one or two, but his episodes in my opinion, are usually pretty.. Unlikable. However that's just my opinion and I'm sure there are many who simply love his episodes, while I on the other talon find them a little dull or simply goofy.

Maybe if they treated him more as his own character and less of a FOIL I'd start liking him a little more.

New griffon character(s) are confirmed this season too! :D

I didn't realize how awesome this would be until you pointed it out. My eyes have been opened.

Let's hope both SG and Spike will become cool characters this season. For Spike, its been 5 seasons and he hasn't gotten his moment yet.

Yeah he had his moments plenty of times. He saved the Crystal Empire twice, so that's something. He does keep Twilight sane. But more like this is his chance to walk in Twilight's shoes and teach whatever she taught him!

I better avoid to get big expectations for Spike. Not that I don't like him, but I'm afraid they'll do put someone in charge of writing who doesn't like Spike and will ruin it just like Princess Spike.

I better avoid to get big expectations for Spike. Not that I don't like him, but I'm afraid they'll do put someone in charge of writing who doesn't like Spike and will ruin it just like Princess Spike.

Actually the crew is in full aware of this situation, and I'm sure they're doing all they could to fix it. Some of the crew did say they wanted to get more into Spike's orgin.

Shorter summary of the post for the tl;dr people:

Spike's getting a new title and maybe a new arc to help dragons and ponies unite, and he's probably gonna spend a majority of the premiere helping Starlight reunite with Sunburst, thus also creating a friendship bond between Spike and Starlight.

Heh, for a while in my head fanon(fanon that exists and changes in any given fan's head, regardless of what happens in the show), I as Will Guide had become such a close friend to Spike over the course of Seasons 4 and 5.

Having Starlight becoming a close pal to Spike might be the closest thing to something like my head fanon becoming canon.

Plus, a few months ago, I've read a fan fiction that touches on the idea of Starlight and Spike potentially becoming close friends: "Seventh Wheel" by rosebug.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/310397/seventh-wheel

If the show goes in this direction, I will be so very happy. And if it doesn't, I'll still watch to find out what's going to happen to our heroes.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

I hope it's true, Spike needs more attention, and not the comedic bad attention. If we now get a Celestia episode too or at least more appearences of her, then we can may stop the armageddon of bronies that are already now foreshadowing the worst season ever, because of a baby, lel.

• Brohoof 1

I hope it's true, Spike needs more attention, and not the comedic bad attention. If we now get a Celestia episode too or at least more appearences of her, then we can may stop the armageddon of bronies that are already now foreshadowing the worst season ever, because of a baby, lel.

Oh I definitely agree with the Celestia episode thing! At first I thought Celestia has been getting more attention than Luna, but now Luna is getting more attention than Celestia. When I wanted Luna to have more appearances, I didn't mean overthrow her sister in appearances. Have her more in an equal amount of appearances as her. Luna already has two episodes of her own, Celestia doesn't have any right now, so it would be nice if we got to see a side of Celestia we never seen before. Maybe have her learn a friendship lesson! People will definitely like her more, showing that perhaps maybe she isn't so perfect herself!

• Brohoof 2

So i guess I'm the only one who would rather see Spike's fridndshps with the mane 6 given more valitity, since he's really only close to Twi and Rarity, even a this point, before throwing him at Starlight. And then friends with Zecora and Discord. THEN, maybe Starlight

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

MORE Spike isn't what we need. BETTER Spike is what we need! ;) Really, if he's left out of the Mane Six's adventures, then so be it. At least he'll have someone to keep him company, and also having a destiny, proving he's worth-while not just by being a side-kick.

I agree. Spike needs more attention, but it needs to be good attention. That being said, I would love to see Spike being friends with Starlight, especially if we get a good episode focusing on them.

• Brohoof 2

So i guess I'm the only one who would rather see Spike's fridndshps with the mane 6 given more valitity, since he's really only close to Twi and Rarity, even a this point, before throwing him at Starlight. And then friends with Zecora and Discord. THEN, maybe Starlight

Well I just thought Starlight would be a good choice because I think they might relate in some way, and they're both probably gonna live with Twilight I think. If we're not gonna be at "Mane Seven" right away, someone's gotta keep Starlight company. I really think the two can help eachother out!

I've never had a problem with Spike, and I tend to be more forgiving of his episodes than most.  Besides: My mom's fond of the little guy.  I'm fine with whatever's happening with Spike in season six, provided he doesn't inexplicably steal another episode that ought to have focused on somepony and something else (Equestria Games).

• Brohoof 1

If the premiere is anything to go by, Spike will be done so much justice this season. It seems him and Starlight will be good friends, at least I hope, that could be what the little dragon needs. A close friend to help. Starlight fits this perfectly and the premiere seems to point in that direction. 

• Brohoof 2

If the premiere is anything to go by, Spike will be done so much justice this season. It seems him and Starlight will be good friends, at least I hope, that could be what the little dragon needs. A close friend to help. Starlight fits this perfectly and the premiere seems to point in that direction. 

It was disappointing that we didn't see the Starlight Forgiveness montage retconned, and I'm not happy that the writers are going to get away with a lazy redemption, but her role is something I'll get used to. As a friend for Spike, seems interesting

Edited by BalanceBrony
  • Brohoof 1