Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Dawn of Heroes [Sci-fi][Superhero]

Your Nightly Spectre

Not sure if I would be redundant at this point but I will throw in my hat just for consideration.

Name: Louis Cypher

Nickname: Lightbringer

Age[During the prologue and currently]: 19 and then 23

Powers/Abilities: Winged flight harness with on board plasma weapons and thermal imaging AR tech which allows him to detect when people are lying as well as if they are injured or sick. His harness has medical administrative equipment to help. His harness also can hook into an external VTOL jet with obviously increased firepower and speed. The whole apparatus is solar powered.

(Weakness): His power supply can run out if out of the sun's direct exposure for too long.

Personality: Idealistic, principled, warm, scornful, zealous, inflexible.

Description: Louis is the scion to a powerful corporation called Apollo solutions. They specialize in medical advancements as well as augmented reality devices. Louis' dad, Dr. Harold Cypher, was working on a personal project, a kind of EMT/ambulance/medical aerial evac hybrid. Of course, to the young Louis, it just looked like a fun thing to take for a spin.

He was approached by a stranger who said he could get him a ride if Louis used his DNA clearance to get into the facility. Said stranger, named Herman, promised he wouldn't take anything that didn't belong to him. Louis took the prototype for a flight, destroying the hangar as well as an adjacent lab, injuring five staff members. What's more is that Herman ended up stealing a large sum of money from the company's accounts, on top of the money paid in insurance and damages.

Louis lied to his father about him being the one to take the prototype for a spin, damaging everything, and hurting people. His father didn't buy it, and Louis knew it, but rather than punishing him, he just let his son see the people he hurt. From that day, Louis grew disgusted with lying, liars, and any who disguise their true intentions.

As he grew into an adult, he helped refine the very same prototype he hijacked and ordered a personal varient for his "private use."

I haven't read your character completely, but you should change the age. Remember it's six years :)

@@Love Doctor Blaze, @@Dapper Charmer, @@crispy fries,

https://mlpforums.com/topic/150393-dawn-of-heroes-rp/

Hear ye hear ye! The RP thread is here!

Please do excuse how awful the starting post is, I've gotten out of shape and gotten used to shorter posts due to moving over to quicker chat roleplays.

If you have any questions then please do ask away.

@@Dapper Charmer, @@Love Doctor Blaze, @@crispy fries,

Okay, I figured out the backstory to the team breaking!

We were doing our stuff but one thing remained uncertain that caused controversy and that was the subject of killing.

It split the team, and me, the leader tried and reach something that could work without deeming us complete murderous outlaws.

One night after chasing down our biggest enemy and defeating him the subject then hopped right in, distracting us. The villain then while we were busy arguing grabbed his gun quickly and shot our team mate, a relatively new recruit to the team, a boy at the age of 15 who essentially was our biggest fan.

And then you can imagine things went to all hell.

@@Steel Accord,

Oh right, I forgot to say that you're accepted! Very sorry! You were accepted for a while now. xD

• Brohoof 2

@@Dapper Charmer, @@Love Doctor Blaze, @@crispy fries,

Okay, I figured out the backstory to the team breaking!

We were doing our stuff but one thing remained uncertain that caused controversy and that was the subject of killing.

It split the team, and me, the leader tried and reach something that could work without deeming us complete murderous outlaws.

One night after chasing down our biggest enemy and defeating him the subject then hopped right in, distracting us. The villain then while we were busy arguing grabbed his gun quickly and shot our team mate, a relatively new recruit to the team, a boy at the age of 15 who essentially was our biggest fan.

And then you can imagine things went to all hell.

@@Steel Accord,

Oh right, I forgot to say that you're accepted! Very sorry! You were accepted for a while now. xD

@@Steel Accord,

Check the post he has mentioned you in. You are accepted :)

Wow, the forums didn't alert me to that. Sorry. So we make our first post just in our secret identities doing something?

@,

Here's an idea: There could be some villain or organization that's trying to bump off heroes, which could be a reason for the team to get back together.

Well if the heroes are already disbanded, why would there be a group trying to hunt them down? I mean if they have something bigger in the works, wouldn't it make sense just to keep their heads down and leave the only people who can stop them to their own devices rather than launch assassinations that they know are probably going to fail and prompt the good guys to start digging?

Wow, the forums didn't alert me to that. Sorry. So we make our first post just in our secret identities doing something?

Well if the heroes are already disbanded, why would there be a group trying to hunt them down? I mean if they have something bigger in the works, wouldn't it make sense just to keep their heads down and leave the only people who can stop them to their own devices rather than launch assassinations that they know are probably going to fail and prompt the good guys to start digging?

Well, I was just throwing out a suggestion. Anyways, I don' think you necessarily have to start off as your secret identity. Right now, everybody's kinda in one place, and some conflict is already going on. I'd suggest just looking at what's happened so far and figuring out how you want to start yourself off from there.

Edited by crispy fries
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Actually, one last thing I could use some second opinion with. My superhero alternate identity. I kind of have two themes that are similar enough to be interchangeable but different enough that they connate different things. Either "Helios" and the costume having a very Olympian style to it, or "Horus" and my costume being more Egyptian in theme. What do you think serves better the identity of a superhero who is a bringer of light, literally and metaphorically?

@@Steel Accord,

HeliosStation.jpg

I dunno, seems like a draw... Olympian I'd say would be cool but as would Egyptian... Yeah, sorry, I can't help you here. But Olympian would seem to fit better and Helios sounds cooler.

Well if it "fits" the theme of your world better, than I will go with that. Plus it already fits my backstory if you read between the lines as I intended when I wrote it.  :orly:

(edited)

@@Steel Accord,

Heh, yeah, now that I read it then it is a straight of answer.

You're going with Helios and be all Olympian and stuff. 

Just don't go turning into a goose and seducing poor women to take out your foul deeds upon, that would be utmost illegal.

Edited by The Spectral Spectre
  • Brohoof 2