Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread The state of the Brony fandom (Numbers, Popularly, Future)

Skar

Ok I don't understand if our fandom is dead hello we got new mlp fans coming to mlp fandom  don't worry about fandom being dead  who cares if fandom dies  we never die 

Same thing like Thomas fandom we got a lot fans still liking Thomas since 1984

The fandom it's evidently not dead, but it's true it's not nearly as active as it was at it's peak back in S2, which not joining back then is one of my biggest regrets  :sunny:. Still, fimfiction and derpibooru are still pretty active, and that's an achievement considering the show is close to a decade

• Brohoof 1

Every time i hear someone say that this fandom is dying or already dead, it makes me wanna take shots.:orly:

Honestly, why is it whenever a person leaves a fandom, there has to be a big deal about it? When someone leaves, there will always be a person somewhere in the world as their replacement. Not to mention that there is always someone new here on the forms every day...

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Nyactis Mewcis Catlum said:

Those fandoms definitely have a lot of activity, which is especially amazing in Undertale's case, as that game hasn't been updated in years. It's possible it was partly revitalized because of the port, but I've seen Undertale nearly everywhere even when I moved on from the fandom myself.

To be honest, I never permanently leave a fandom, re: the moving on thing. Usually, anyway. I still like the thing and I'll still come back to it later, and I think a lot of MLP fans are like that. For Undertale and Sonic in particular, I just had bad experiences with both so I tend to keep out of the more active circles of the fandom as they contain the people I no longer want to associate with. But I still enjoy content related to it, and I'll come back and do something related to that fandom every once in a while.

yeah i have seen some of that on youtube and deviantart but i care more about mlp:fim just like you with being my main fandom and don't really as much attention to sonic and undertale as mlp:fim

18 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Maybe the decline did happen in 2015 and no sooner than that. What I mentioned before is what I've been hearing from others but not my own opinion on the subject.

probably just rumors and exaggerations because it seemed that brony community was very active content-wise than started to die down around 2015 with most of the fan content being made during the first half decade of mlp:fim existing

17 hours ago, VeroxVitrus said:

The truth is the fandom is already dead, unless you're a dedicated fan it will be inevitable you'll just stop watching the show entirely and move on in your life. 

i am a dedicated fan i just been away from it for a few years and it seems the fandom became a shitstorm around 2017

17 hours ago, brutwilight sharple said:

Ok I don't understand if our fandom is dead hello we got new mlp fans coming to mlp fandom  don't worry about fandom being dead  who cares if fandom dies  we never die 

Same thing like Thomas fandom we got a lot fans still liking Thomas since 1984

but the rate of new fans have declined since 2015 but i am just very conflicted joining as late as i did and idk about the thomas fandom since i seriously don't even pay attention to thomas the train with how i grew out of it

11 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

The fandom it's evidently not dead, but it's true it's not nearly as active as it was at it's peak back in S2, which not joining back then is one of my biggest regrets  :sunny:. Still, fimfiction and derpibooru are still pretty active, and that's an achievement considering the show is close to a decade

yeah i kinda have a regret of being out of it or at least less active for a year or 2 after joining the fandom being more active in the rock music community online :sunny:

Alright, alright, now listen all of you. Can anyone here actually give me an objective explanation on the subject of a fandom death? What are the criteria? Can you point me to a dead fandom? Inb4 someone form that fandom claims it isn't dead. Who am I supposed to believe?

Also, do Bronies actually matter? FIM has a broader fandom, you know. The way I see it, a fandom is dead when it cannot financially support its IP. That means Bronies cannot die. We were never alive in the first place. Undead parasites, that's what we are.

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

. The way I see it, a fandom is dead when it cannot financially support its IP. That means Bronies cannot die. We were never alive in the first place. Undead parasites, that's what we are.

That just confuses people. Please try again with a different way.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

That just confuses people. Please try again with a different way.

I casually stated that all this is bullshit cause a fandom can only be alive if it holds a reciprocal relationship with those who own the IP.

Thus you have two choices:

Either you admit that we are entitled to bash writers and H-Bro ...

Or you admit that our existence is not relevant to owners of MLP and our fandom might just as well be dead

One truth can indeed become another but only one of these can be true at once. Pick your poison.

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

I casually stated that all this is bullshit cause a fandom can only be alive if it holds a reciprocal relationship with those who own the IP.

Or you admit that our existence is not relevant to owners of MLP and our fandom might just as well be dead

One truth can indeed become another but only one of these can be true at once. Pick your poison.

I think neither and you can believe what you want you want to believe.

28 minutes ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

In that you are free. Take heed though: belief is never free of charge.

3 hours ago, BlueBook said:

Let me just say this and leave. If the fandom was dead, why would we be here and gaining more members every day?

imo it don't matter how many new members there are and how many old members leave it all matter on the rate of new members joining and the old members leaving is what matter and if the rate of old members leaving are higher than before 2015 and new members joining is lower after 2015 than that's how i think it's a decaying fandom with less fan content after 2015 you know you can't be too optimistic not too pessimistic that's my view of everything and everyone in the world both irl and online

4 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

as i mentioned the rate of members joining and leaving matters than when a member joins or leaves from my perspective and affects the amount of fan content

4 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

In that you are free. Take heed though: belief is never free of charge.

yeah you seriously are too pesstistic to have that kind of perspective 

4 hours ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

i agree

19 minutes ago, twilightfan said:

as i mentioned the rate of members joining and leaving matters than when a member joins or leaves from my perspective and affects the amount of fan content

yeah you seriously are too pesstistic to have that kind of perspective

Does that matter when Bronies can claim this fandom is alive at any number of existing Bronies? It will never come to a point when H-Bro will go: "MLP is dead cause there are not enough Bronies." When fandom dies it usually means the IP goes down with it, and it doesn't matter how much new corn it grows on R34 :P

3 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Does that matter when Bronies can claim this fandom is alive at any number of existing Bronies? It will never come to a point when H-Bro will go: "MLP is dead cause there are not enough Bronies." When fandom dies it usually means the IP goes down with it, and it doesn't matter how much new corn it grows on R34 :P

decayed would be a better term than dead since it would be more out of the mainstream and more underground with how irrelevant it will become look at how irreverent ppgd is and still going on after the show ended

On 20/04/2018 at 4:52 AM, twilightfan said:

somebody has just joined the brony fandom because of how it's dead right now to the point that this brony youtuber named forgotten dreams left the brony fandom and it upsets me that nobody will do anything about it this fandom was once the perfect fandom for autistic people now it's not 

amazing-every-word.jpg

'dead right now'

Zombies gonna Zombie, ^^

Give it a few years then you have zombie nation. 

On 4/23/2018 at 6:52 AM, BloodDrops said:

amazing-every-word.jpg

'dead right now'

Zombies gonna Zombie, ^^

Give it a few years then you have zombie nation. 

yeah i should've reworded what i said but at this point i seriously don't even care

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am Ponynuke I joined the fandom a few months ago because I love how ambitious the fandom is and how crestive mlp is but I must know, did I joined to late is it to late for me to be the brony I wish I could be?!

• Brohoof 6

First of all, welocme. 

Second of all, no. The show is still going. Conventions are still being held. And thousands upon thousands of Bronies visit this sight everyday. And it's nice to have you around as one of them. 

Oh yes. We are very much alive. 

• Brohoof 4

No this is fandom in my opinion is growing rapidly bronies of all types are flocking to the forums. I have been on here for a couple of weeks and never have I seen a forum as active as this. I've been to a few other fandom and they are nowhere near as active as this place. I personally enjoy this place and enjoy the people and all the beautiful art work.

• Brohoof 2

Thank you all I just really want to be a part of this awesome fandom and I was just really scared I missed my chance, but all of your words are just awesome to hear that I am not too late! I look forward to meeting all you all on this forum 

• Brohoof 3

Oh I always dreamed of going to the conventions! They'res one called babscon in my area but you guys have no clue how happy I am that I am not to late and I hope I can make my mark on the brony world!

• Brohoof 3