Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does this movie have too much hype?

HoovesOnIce

Now first off, I am excited or this movie but I may be too excited to where I will be disappointed on what I receive.  Many episodes for the show I have so excited too see such as Amending fences, Cutie remark, and The crystalling.  All of them were good but still didn't stay up to the amount of excitement I had for them.  I have noticed so many people highly hyped for this movie and guessing my Equestria girl it may not be way too amazing.

So could all this hype be just setting us up for disappointment?

Post what you think.

• Brohoof 1

Oh god yes.

There are so many bronies expecting this to be some sort of cinematic revolution, or expecting this movie to be something it isn't, and they're gonna be so disappointed when it turns out not to be the case. Keep your expectations in check. There's nothing wrong with just having a good, fun My Little Pony movie

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 8

I enjoyed the first Movie, like the really first one, so...i dont have that high expectations, i know its a Kids Movie, so the only thing i expect from this Movie is, it should be cute. Like really cute.

And maybe one fight or something, than i would be happy.

But, yes i think some Bronys have to high expectations, because some even think, the Movie will get a more dark tone.

Its still a Franchise, which is mostly aimed at children.

Why would it go a more adult route?

Its not that, only because a bunch of adults watch it now, that the children audience has disappeared.

They are still children, who watch this Movie.

So it shouldnt really be to serious or dark.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I think so. At this point, I'm expecting rants about the movie to be a 100% fail, it's the end of FiM, FiM is ruined FOREVAH, etc etc etc. They're expecting Harry Potter or LotR. I'm expecting the movie to be at least better than the EG movies, but I don't think it'll be the masterpiece many hope nor pass history by it's own merits 

• Brohoof 5

For me, I'm not going to expect too much from it.

I'm really stoked to see it as soon as it is released, but at the same time, I don't want to expect too much from it.

I like to be surprised in a good way.

Just like when I first decided to watch Kingsman: The Secret Service in theatres. I didn't expect too much, yet I was blown away by how hilarious it was and how well done it was cinematicly. :)

I will give the 2017 MLP Movie the same respect. I will not expect much, so it will either be surprisingly good, meh, or not so great.

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 1

I don't care about hype.  I'll either enjoy it or I won't, but I'm expecting to on account of its being a My Little Pony film that's actually about, you know, ponies.  And I can buy the film in BLU-RAY FORMAT (yes, caps were necessary); something that's never been the case for the show.

• Brohoof 1

Were already been hyped and we still haven't gotten the name and trailer for the movie yet! I imagine that when the official marketing for the movie begins, the hype train will go full speed!

My expectations would be high, Pixar high.

I've seen people expect it to be super dark and dramatic which doesn't make sense to me. It's just a movie, it'll still have all the aspects of FiM. Don't get way over your head, people. All I expect from the movie is for it to be GOOD.

• Brohoof 3

Maybe for the most dedicated fans, but I am not primed to see the movie. When 2016 came around, I was primed to see Zootopia and the Jungle Book, which were quite refreshing, there was also trailers, sneak previews, and teasers, months in advance before either movie premièred, unfortunately we are still left in the dark about what this movie is about, not even a hint from the series, like what Pokemon did for the first movie. Even so, I have not noticed any hype, not from my friends, nor from status updates, this is actually the first time I ever heard of any hype movement, so if there is any hype, it's subtle, so far, but once material is released, that is when the chatter flies through the roof, just like before Rainbow Rocks was released two years ago, yet for now, I have other fandoms to participate in that have their own hype moments.

Maybe for the most dedicated fans, but I am not primed to see the movie. When 2016 came around, I was primed to see Zootopia and the Jungle Book, which were quite refreshing, there was also trailers, sneak previews, and teasers, months in advance before either movie premièred, unfortunately we are still left in the dark about what this movie is about, not even a hint from the series, like what Pokemon did for the first movie. Even so, I have not noticed any hype, not from my friends, nor from status updates, this is actually the first time I ever heard of any hype movement, so if there is any hype, it's subtle, so far, but once material is released, that is when the chatter flies through the roof, just like before Rainbow Rocks was released two years ago, yet for now, I have other fandoms to participate in that have their own hype moments.

Well, with section for the movie is basically shouting: "HEY, THERE'S A PONY MOVIE COMING SOON, REMEMBER?"  :lol: . I guess that constant reminder is building hype  :orly: . It's still over a year and a half before the ANNOUNCED release date, which is in early november next year I think :huh:. I think it's still early for some trailers and stuff, as I don't think they want to kill interest in Legends of the Everfree  :twi:

I'm not hyped for a MLP film but I am interested to see what happens. Hasbro has a history of animated films like G.I Joe and Transformers. Maybe they might kill off a main character.

I'm excited for it, but mostly because the amount of things they'll do. With a longer time they can fit more in, so why should they have to change things about the show when the switch over to a movie? I'm just expecting a fun, longer episode really. The vilian had better be good though.

I can't think of a great movie adaption of a tv series. The last i watched was Spongebob and it was okay. It was nothing you have to watch and i dont expect anything breath taking from a FiM movie, especially when McCarthy is the writer.

Equestria Girls sucked.

Edited by Swifty

I haven't noticed any hype. The title of the movie hasn't even been released yet. Now "Ratchet and Clank" is getting far too much hype. The commercials won't stop!

(At least when I'm watching Cartoon Network)

"Keanu" is also getting too much hype. The commercials are being rammed down our throats. Has anyone else noticed that some commercials call it "Keanu: Gangsta Kitten" while most just call it "Keanu"? I have serious doubts about a movie that the ads can't even make up their minds on what to call it. 

It is absolutely way to hyped. We shouldn't go in expecting something revolutionary. Just expect a two-parter that is instead ~90 minutes, instead of 44.

That in itself is exiting for me, but still a relatively plausible amount. Too many people fall into the trap of expecting way to much, so even if it's good, it's meh at best.