Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Over Powered Are These Ponies?

Midnight Seashell

I find it funny how the mane 6 always defeat the main villain in two episodes while characters in other shows defeat the main villain in like twenty episodes or more but that's besides the point.

Anyway it was stated that a group of regular unicorns could control the weather,Sun and moon and if they master a certain type of magic well enough that can become alicorns thus essentially becoming a god and as alicorns they can control celestial bodies with no help yet I find it weird how Starlight an ordinary unicorn could match alicorn Twilight blow for blow.Or maybe the villians are getting weaker and I'm just looking too much into this anyway what do you think?

• Brohoof 1

I think the beauty of the show is that, even with their magical powers at their disposal, even the all-mighty alicorns cannot defeat the villains without the magic of friendship. Because "friendship is magic" and a powerful force indeed, I find it quite beautiful that there has to be the tie in to friendship in order to beat the villains. Is friendship overpowering? Yes. But all-together that is the point of the series.

• Brohoof 7

The worst thing you can do is to start wondering about ponies' power levels. As much as I like the show, I think it's really inconsistent in that matter. When I want to think about anything connected to power levels in MLP l, I end up confused and I leave it in peace.

They have to defeat the villain, otherwise it would be more in depth all together, and being as that its a kids show, things need to go back to normal after the episode ends, and they have to do it in a one or two episode thing. 

Plus i would hate cliffhangers tbh

I think the beauty of the show is that, even with their magical powers at their disposal, even the all-mighty alicorns cannot defeat the villains without the magic of friendship. Because "friendship is magic" and a powerful force indeed, I find it quite beautiful that there has to be the tie in to friendship in order to beat the villains. Is friendship overpowering? Yes. But all-together that is the point of the series.

So basically friendship is over 9000

Tiers of power are infinitely scaling, I would say because they tend to specialize they aren't overpowered. I have seen far more overpowered things in fiction.

When the cries for help want friendship to save the day, I'd say they are overpowered if it is needed but they have their limits.

Compared to humans, ponies are incredibly op.

Compared to the rest of their world, they are above average in terms of power, but they have opponents that clearly out match them. 

The real powerhouse is not the ponies, but the thing they made their pact with 1000 years ago.

the_tree_of_harmony_by_pixelkitties-d6v1

That Tree is the One Punch Man of the MLP Verse. Its FRUIT has kicked more flank than all of the mane six and the princesses put together. Need I remind folks that the power of their rainbow blasts comes from this tree. 

• Brohoof 1

I find it weird how Starlight an ordinary unicorn could match alicorn Twilight blow for blow

That's called Plot armor to the max :P

You're not the only one who called BS on that, and its a pretty big complaint against starlight as a villain sue. IMO its pretty damned poor writing, and the fact that they transitioned from starlight being a villain who's less powerful but politically dangerous to one who's just "THE BEST AT MAGIC EVER" to make her a threat rubbed me the wrong way.

If they weren't as powerful as they already are, then friendship wouldn't be magic I guess? and the show wouldn't live up to it's name? their just showing that if you have friendship, then you can beat anything. Doesn't always have to be logically correct.

With friendship comes magic.

With magic comes power.

I think it ties nicely into the title of the show.

Eh, the problem is that, unless you have a magical artifact powered by friendship, it doesn't really hold true :P

Like, if they didn't have the box in Twilight's kingdom, they would have been kind of screwed against Tirek

Twilight is so godamn powerful she can move the sun.

Only with the power of all 3 other alicorn princesses, though. She doesn't have that level of power anymore.

(edited)

Compared to humans, ponies are incredibly op.

Compared to the rest of their world, they are above average in terms of power, but they have opponents that clearly out match them. 

The real powerhouse is not the ponies, but the thing they made their pact with 1000 years ago.

sig-4499863.the_tree_of_harmony_by_pixel

That Tree is the One Punch Man of the MLP Verse. Its FRUIT has kicked more flank than all of the mane six and the princesses put together. Need I remind folks that the power of their rainbow blasts comes from this tree. 

This, this, freaking THIS ^

The major crux of the power that Celestia and Luna held previously, and thus were able to defeat many villains, was due to the elements of harmony and the tree.  Afterwards they got passed onto the mane cast and so the items were then transferred away from Celestia.  Heck, even the reality warping god himself got stoned by these things (twice!) and wasn't let out of his original prison for 1,000 years!  These things have cleaned up all sorts of villains in the past... and then you know poof, thus causing a property tax hike in Ponyville.

Edited by pony.colin