Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony could win an All-Equestrian Royal Rumble match?

KillerKingBakudan

For those who don't watch wrestling, a royal rumble is essentially a match where all competitors eliminate each other from the ring by tossing them over the ropes until only one remains. Each competitor is set to enter at timed intervals, usually between 90 seconds or two minutes.

This match consists of not only the Mane Six, but literally every pony you can name from the show, from the princesses, to the "Background Six", the Cakes, Daring Do, Sunset Shimmer, Trixie, Braeburn, Cheese Sandwich, Spitfire, Film and Flam, Troubleshoes, Sombra, Twilight's parents, Granny Smith... yes, every pony ever (all except for fillies and foals). And just for fun, we'll say Zecora's in on it.

To make things even, using magic will result in an automatic DQ. So for anyone worrying, this means the princesses are not gonna win by default. And any pegasus using their wings to fly will get an automatic DQ.

Who do you see winning?

• Brohoof 1

Definitely either Maud or Big Mac. They're two of the most powerful ponies we've seen so far. Big Mac for his raw strength and size, especially when he pulled a whole entire house along the ground, and Maud for her rock-pounding-to-oblivion and nuclear rock throw ability.

Keep in mind that while it's every pony for themselves, if any single one is becoming a problem, they're likely to get ganged up on. I've seen this happen in at least one royal rumble from the old WWF days. Bulk Biceps and Big Mac can toss out a lot of mares out on their own, but a group of five or more should be enough to get rid of them.

Having said that, I think that ponies relying on hit and run tactics would last the longest. Starlight comes to mind.

Oh, Maud, for sure. The rock she tossed into the distance in her debut episode has to weight far more than any mere pony. Unless AJ or Big Mac managed to get a apple-bucking kick off out of luck, I'd definitely go with Maud.

Oh, Maud, for sure. The rock she tossed into the distance in her debut episode has to weight far more than any mere pony. Unless AJ or Big Mac managed to get a apple-bucking kick off out of luck, I'd definitely go with Maud.

Plus with that fire in her eyes and interviewing skills, she'd be a fan favorite for sure. 

I pick Maud or Bulk Biceps. Or a surprise entry by The Mysterious Mare Do Well. 

lol @ Granny Smith. Imagine how that would turn up. 

Plus with that fire in her eyes and interviewing skills, she'd be a fan favorite for sure. 

I pick Maud or Bulk Biceps. Or a surprise entry by The Mysterious Mare Do Well. 

lol @ Granny Smith. Imagine how that would turn up. 

Hey, if she gets that hip replacement... anything becomes possible!

post-2257-0-74183900-1462798710_thumb.png

post-2257-0-74780300-1462798716_thumb.png

#FirstSeasonReferences

• Brohoof 1

Much like real wrestling the one who wins would be decided before the match. So physical strength wouldn't matter at all.

In that case, Sombra could just preemptively brainwash everypony else into jobbing out to him.

And since the rules only state that magic = automatic DQ during the match...

• Brohoof 1

Much like real wrestling the one who wins would be decided before the match. So physical strength wouldn't matter at all.

Only if the wrestling was being done for show like "real" wrestling. And I never said it was.

In that case, Sombra could just preemptively brainwash everypony else into jobbing out to him.

And since the rules only state that magic = automatic DQ during the match...

You might want to read it over again.

To make things even, using magic will result in an automatic DQ.

Nowhere does it specify when the magic is used. Before or during the match, if it affects the outcome, it's an automatic DQ, period.

Sombra could try to pull something like that, but he wouldn't get away with it. Any judge would be smart enough to tell when ponies are magically brainwashed. You can literally see it in their eyes.

post-30713-0-52089200-1462856579.png

They'd just get a pony to undo the brainwashing so the ones who jobbed out can say who did it, and then slap Sombra with a DQ before he could progress any further. And even if he's the last one in the ring, he would get called out and lose his winnings to whoever placed second.

(edited)

Only if the wrestling was being done for show like "real" wrestling. And I never said it was.

You might want to read it over again.

Nowhere does it specify when the magic is used. Before or during the match, if it affects the outcome, it's an automatic DQ, period.

Sombra could try to pull something like that, but he wouldn't get away with it. Any judge would be smart enough to tell when ponies are magically brainwashed. You can literally see it in their eyes.

sig-4511744.attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-05-09 at 9.23.02 PM.png

They'd just get a pony to undo the brainwashing so the ones who jobbed out can say who did it, and then slap Sombra with a DQ before he could progress any further. And even if he's the last one in the ring, he would get called out and lose his winnings to whoever placed second.

Except the Crystal Ponies demonstrated that his victims don't automatically get Umbrum eyes:

Were it not for that, I wouldn't have even bothered to suggest him doing some preemptive brainwashing.

Edited by A.V.

Except the Crystal Ponies demonstrated that his victims don't automatically get Umbrum eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyl03ncTjhY

Were it not for that, I wouldn't have even bothered to suggest him doing some preemptive brainwashing.

All that is is induced amnesia, not brainwashing. They still acted on their own will. For ponies to be brainwashed into letting him win, he would have to control their every action.

All that is is induced amnesia, not brainwashing. They still acted on their own will. For ponies to be brainwashed into letting him win, he would have to control their every action.

Well then, here's my reaction toward myself:

I'd go with Maud; I think the smaller ponies would gang up on the bigger ones to lift them and throw them over pretty quickly, but then once only smaller ponies are left, Maud would go crazy and beat them all. It'd be awesome. 

...or Pinkie would get sugar high and beat everyone to win