Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Star Wars Thread

Plageius

Never really liked the idea of a self-generating sith lord who can sustain himself through the force for so long even when striked down in his sleep.

I mean that one story of the Emperor coming back to life (or he never really died) and then re-incarnated himself into a different body then had many clones of that body. Honestly, that was a whole lotta trash in my opinion and just dumb and also ruins the significance of Episode 6.

How would you kill someone so powerful then? Makes a story drag on in my opinion. I read all about the Darth Revan canon (that's not in the KOTOR games) and alot of it was awesome! but when he was able to only make a dark side of himself survive, like what? Pretty dumb.

So yea the force is powerful, yes, and can do incredible things, but sometimes creators take it to the point where it's just a little too far-fetched making loop-holes around every single corner and ruins significance around every great story.

This next part has nothing to do with the force - but bringing Darth Maul back all the time is really lame and ruins the significance of Obi-Wan becoming a Jedi Knight and taking on Anakin as a padawan (even though Maul did have the high ground)

Anyway back to what I was saying no darth Plageius, but it can be home with how stretched writers like to make stories, so much that those stories about Jar Jar binks being the sith lord and blah blah blah actually could make sense.

edit: totally forgot about that tweet. But yea mainly just said this to explain some of my thoughts on the force and star wars story telling

Edited by Misscellanio

On 2016-09-04 at 6:49 PM, Misscellanio said:

I mean that one story of the Emperor coming back to life (or he never really died) and then re-incarnated himself into a different body then had many clones of that body. Honestly, that was a whole lotta trash in my opinion and just dumb and also ruins the significance of Episode 6.

How would you kill someone so powerful then?

Some traitors ultimately rigged his remaining clones to die off, so he then had to try to possess an unborn Anakin Solo instead.

But someone (I forgot who) interfered, and took the possession instead — then committed suicide to take Palpatine with him to the Cosmic Force (the official name of the Star Wars afterlife), where every-Jedi-ever would keep the latter trapped for eternity.

Edited by Anti-Villain

Some traitors eventually rigged his remaining clones to die off, so then he had to try to possess an unborn Anakin Solo instead.

But someone (I forgot who) interfered and took the possession instead, then committed suicide to take Palpatine with him to the Cosmic Force (the official name of the Star Wars afterlife) -- where every Jedi ever would keep the latter trapped for eternity.

The question wasn't a reference to the story it was rhetorical. It was a question saying if someone was really powerful with the force they could just stop themselves from dying all the time, which is the way the story makers are/were making it seem.

Which is pretty lazy and makes everything seem boring in my opinion. He's not dead he's gunna come back to life again so everything you just learned actually had no point.

I was just using that story as an example. That's why I asked the question in a different paragraph and not in the same one at the end so someone wouldn't the paragraph off thinking I was asking an actual question about the story.

Edited by Misscellanio

• 4 weeks later...

I hope we get a proper Star Wars RPG set in the Galactic Civil war. I'm just really not that into the TOR timeline, and I don't feel like a Clone Wars setting would mesh well with an MMO. Hopefully Visceral makes something worthwile.

• 4 years later...

This topic has been unused for a while so I thought I'd bring it back so all us Brony star wars fans have a place to chat about all the new star wars! 

Anyway, the Mandalorian pretty great show! First season was like wow and 2nd was pretty great too but there was a big issue for me: Boba Fett. One of the most uninteresting characters ever in star wars because all he did was stand in the background and never say or do much. They felt like putting him in the show and it's like a big eyesore having this character here for no reason. And also that ending credits scene definitely ruined the ending of the last episode. 

But other than Boba Fett the show is great! Tho I do feel that Star Wars relies too heavily on connections and bring old characters back and honestly it's very annoying and frustrating. They just need to create something separate from the skywalker saga. The Kotor I and II stories are my favorite thing about star wars and take place thousands of years in the past. Very excited for "the Acolyte" for this reason.

Pedro Pascal is a great actor (also HOT XD), and the overall story, writing, music, and visuals for the Mandalorian are also great! So yea really happy with it. Tho all these new star wars shows coming out, I'm just like uggggggh. 

Not a big fan of Clone Wars and Rebels as I find them boring. Taking me years to finish both shows, so basing my opnions on those as well as the Mandalorian. I think the Skywalker Saga is all dried up and they need to get out of there. Or maybe stop with Star Wars.....IDK if i'd go that far. 

Edited by Miss

• 6 months later...

Never think I big Star Wars fan, it's a iconic franchise and do enjoyed some movies. When Disney bought it and bring it first Star Wars movie (Disney's movie) got obessived with BB8, never know why I be into that droid. I'll believe I'm a BB8 fan, then other two movies come up, and Porgs and Do become my favourites along with Crystal foxes. People (well maybe some) dislike the new Star Wars movies cos it's SJW or somethings like that. But these characters are best things of these movies.

I also like Boba Fett and Stormtrooper, cos they're iconic. Hoping for Boba Fett movie but Book of Boba Fett is great enough. Do like The Mandalorian, it's a great show. First was be into Baby Yoda now named Grogu, now I join Baby Yoda bangwanging. Both Grogu and The Mando become my favourite Star Wars characters. I see people not happy with Boba Fett be back which is sad and I happy he show up in The Mando and now having his series. 

Star Wars Resistance was a disppointment, watch it cos of BB8 but one sence almost made me ruin BB8 and Star Wars, made hope the series don't exist. Seen  some of Clone Wars and Rebals, but not whole and not into. 

6 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I’d like to know more about this great pic! Tell me more about it!

This is some war vet who owns a Star Wars shop, who got recently harassed and threatened , and called for a protest to his shop. But his supporters outnumbered the protestors. I think I’ve posted the news in my last post. Best of all, the old folk didn’t backed out on the harasser 

10 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

This is some war vet who owns a Star Wars shop, who got recently harassed and threatened , and called for a protest to his shop. But his supporters outnumbered the protestors. I think I’ve posted the news in my last post. Best of all, the old folk didn’t backed out on the harasser 

Gotcha. I saw the article but didn’t know this was the same shop. Cool place to spend a few bucks!