Did you like the episode?  

186 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it; period. -_-
    • I didn't care for it.
    • It was total meh.
    • I liked it well enough.
    • THAT WAS A RIP-ROARING GOOD SHOW!! <3

Why couldn't Applejack's spa partner have been Fluttershy instead? We've barely seen her this season and this was an opportunity to balance out the mane six's screen time a bit.

Absolutely, I forgot she exists, I mean almost started feeling like im watching a background pony and she's ma' Fluttershy! I think they could fit much more than AJ and Rarity, I still think everypony just cant fit with everypony of the Mane 6.

Rarity's getting too much screen time this season. Why couldn't Applejack's spa partner have been Fluttershy instead? We've barely seen her this season and this was an opportunity to balance out the mane six's screen time a bit. Apart from that, I liked this episode. It was a nice 'quiet' episode - nothing major happened, but it was a lot of fun nonetheless. And with Applejack being my favourite of the mane six, I was glad to have an episode based around her. It was also nice to see Spoiled Rich again.

Also, why are there pigs on Applejack's farm? It's not as if ponies eat sausages, is it?

i feel ya. i really wanted flutters to appear more in this season. she hasnt even got any opportunity to be with her friends :(

A decent slice-of-life episode. I really enjoyed it. :) It was nice to see both Rarity and Applejack in the spotlight for a change. 

Best part for me though was Rainbow Dash's guilty pleasure of spa treatments. That was adorable and hilarious. :3

It was pretty good. Dash was awkwardly cute with her little slippers and Rarity and Applejack are fun together. This episode really tried to push the morale of the story at the end but i feel like nobody can relate to this story :P

It was a pretty good episode, nothing to go too in detail about. Nice characterization. Some fun moments:

-Rainbow Dash's secret

-Rarity's pocketwatch and how she said "schedule".

-AJ's suiting up moment.

-Nice lesson, especially for adults. I've been guilty of falling into habits with my own chores that ends up giving me more work than necessary. ( as a side note I gave some examples to my wife and she said "oh so rather than coming from me it needs to come from My Little Pony. Great." Heh.)

Some said it felt season oneish. Considering I saw the entire series in one fell swoop last year for the first time, I concur. A couple of simple and good episodes aren't so much of a bad thing though. Coming after Saddle Row Review was a hard follow up too.

Solidly between B and B+ for me.

To quote myself. "It was nothing to write home about." However I was yet again entertained for more time on that Sunday morning I did enjoy it.

Review

7/10

• Brohoof 1

I'm not quite sure what to make of this episode... it was adequate, but doesn't really stand out. Applejack did learn a lesson (asking for an outside opinion can yield useful information) and I do like that, but not much really happened otherwise. I was worried at first that it would be another "Spike messes things up" episode, and they avoided making that the focus, but that doesn't make the rest of it good per se, just not as horrible as it could have been. If you're looking for Rarijack, episodes like Look Before You Sleep and Simple Ways did it far better, I would say. Even Trade Ya! gave a more satisfying Rarijack interaction, as much as it failed in other respects.

This episode is lukewarm, and how I wish it was cold or hot. (That's God. I was quoting God.)

I liked this one, I love seeing best pone and AJ together, their interactions are always great, hehe. Gotta love all of Rara's unamused reactions though. As well as her, umm, spent-too-much-time-in-the-spa face. Even her horn was floppy! D:

It had its funny moments, like AJ doing her pig-feeding routine with a straight face or that spa stallion slowly backing away when AJ was saying how the towels were using up all the hot water. :icwudt:

Also, more Eastern European pones! Yes~ Love those accents, especially Aloe's. <3 *adds her in the ponies-to-draw list*

• Brohoof 3

10th episodes in each season are cursed after Rainbow Fall lol. :D

Borefest episodes are the worst kind of episode nowaday to me. This is the worst 10th episode and the same tier with Somepony to watch over me/Trade Ya. Applejack should be secondary character from the rest of season, her best episode until now still Applebuck season... Damn... Dont waste anymore eps for her. Give me more Twilight, Fluttershy, CMC and less Rarity, she appears in every episode... Rarity's performance is always great but I want more purple alicorn and yellow pegasus...

• Brohoof 2

Wait, someone said Spoiled Rich was in this episode? Where?

She was in line for the steam room, and even makes a wisecrack about it to Rarity, Applejack, and Aloe.

Wow, this was the worst episode of all episodes in MLP for me. Everypony acted so stupid in the episode (except for RD, she was funny). The Spa ponies don't know anything about there technique, Rarity was really selfish and Twily goes again to strict after a list. But the worst in my opinion was Applejack. I am a skilled gardener and I got headache after I saw AJs working methods. Beside this, the episodes was really boring and had only a few funny moments (RD, wrinkled Rarity and the scene with mr. cake and Bulk). I am really disappointed from this episode. 

It did not go how I pictured but I was looking forward to an episode like this for a long time. Ever since I saw the mentally advanced series' version of  fall weather friends I had wondered how much work AJ really does and how much of her time it takes up. Also I didn't know she was a workaholic. 

Well...This episode made me wanna go to the spa.

In all seriousness...My boyfriend and I mutually agreed this episode felt...Different.

It's not a bad episode no...It's just...

The moral in this story felt close to real life...A moral that feels strange to have in a children's cartoon. It's not a bad moral...Just, strange.

I didn't get into this episode. It wasn't that fun to watch although seeing Rainbow Dash interested in the spa is a nice extension of previous scenes with her and spas such as in "Ponyville Confidential". Anyway, the "moral" of this story is that Applejack needs to learn to take other points of view into consideration in order to solve outdated routines and such? I only watched it once so if I'm wrong then will gladly stand corrected. If I'm right, then I'm sure that it's not something that Applejack should have had to learn. She's one of the most outgoing and sociable ponies around. She's also practical and down to earth. But the "moral" is such a basic concept which is fundamental to being able to function in society that only the most recluse hermits wouldn't know it. Furthermore, her cutie mark is three apples symbolizing her ability to care for the farm. The idea that she is incapable of doing it efficiently is silly. This episode might have been better off left on the cutting room floor.

• Brohoof 2

I didn't get into this episode. It wasn't that fun to watch although seeing Rainbow Dash interested in the spa is a nice extension of previous scenes with her and spas such as in "Ponyville Confidential". Anyway, the "moral" of this story is that Applejack needs to learn to take other points of view into consideration in order to solve outdated routines and such? I only watched it once so if I'm wrong then will gladly stand corrected. If I'm right, then I'm sure that it's not something that Applejack should have had to learn. She's one of the most outgoing and sociable ponies around. She's also practical and down to earth. But the "moral" is such a basic concept which is fundamental to being able to function in society that only the most recluse hermits wouldn't know it. Furthermore, her cutie mark is three apples symbolizing her ability to care for the farm. The idea that she is incapable of doing it efficiently is silly. This episode might have been better off left on the cutting room floor.

yeah... not the most entertaining episode - interesting but not entertaining.

anyways, now that I think about it, why didn't apple bloom, granny smith, or big macintosh say anything about her system...?

But the "moral" is such a basic concept which is fundamental to being able to function in society that only the most recluse hermits wouldn't know it.

It is fundamental.  But the fact is, ingrained patterns tend to be self-reinforcing.  We all need to be reminded from time to time that we could stand to change habits and methods which were once good and made sense but don't any more. 

As for no one calling Apple Jack on her bizarre technique for feeding the pigs - she was getting the job done. And if there's anything I would expect the Apple family members to be good at, it would be minding their own business

• Brohoof 2

Rarity's getting too much screen time this season. Why couldn't Applejack's spa partner have been Fluttershy instead? We've barely seen her this season and this was an opportunity to balance out the mane six's screen time a bit. 

Because we can't have a single episode go by without a Rarity/Applejack episode, can we? The writers seem to really like that pairing for reasons that continue to elude me. 

• Brohoof 2

Because we can't have a single episode go by without a Rarity/Applejack episode, can we? The writers seem to really like that pairing for reasons that continue to elude me. 

Chemistry. Rarity and Applejack's dynamic's very versatile from their differing personalities, tastes, and backgrounds. You can play their dynamic silly or serious just by how different they are. When done right, it can be quite memorable. Their best example is Applejack using a give-and-take metaphor to teach Rarity lessons of sisterhood.