Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FLUTTERBROTHER REVEALED (episode clip)

Steve Piranha

(edited)

Her parents are as adorable as Fluttershy herself.

Her brother is another ballpark though. He looks like a complete tool  :P

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 5

Ugh, he is a hippie. I was hoping he was going to be some kind of nerd, maybe be some kind of counterpart to Fluttershy (like with taking care of robots).

• Brohoof 2

This marks the first time we've ever seen (confirmed) Pegasus parents. Got to say, they look like such a nice family.

Fluttershy's brother sounds familiar somehow... yet i can't place how just yet. 

Fluttermom is Velma from Scooby Doo,

Flutterdad is Mr. Harvey from Lovely Bones,

Flutterbro is a new-age hippie mooch.

And all three of them have very little no family resemblance to Fluttershy in any way except personality.

Honestly?  I can't wait for the beta moocher of a brother to meet the god of chaos, since Discord and Fluttershy are a item.  Also, Fluttershy having to relearn to be assertive in any episode featuring her is getting to be an old schtick.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

And he sounds like a treehugging hippie (with maybe a hint of Brooklyn thrown in?). .....Shocker. And again, was it any surprise this guy seems like a jerk? Again, has anyone ever known a freeloader who was a legitimately nice person? Freeloaders take advantage of others for their own gain. That is the literal definition of the term.

Edited by ggg-2

And all three of them have very little no family resemblance to Fluttershy in any way except personality.

Fluttershy has her dad's pink hair, and her mom's coat. A bit lighter coat and a bit darker hair, but yeah. lol. I want to see how the mother is to see what personality type she has. We can see that Fluttershy has her dad's demeanor, I wonder if the mother is the same or if she is a bit more outspoken. 

(edited)

I don't know what to think about this family yet.  :blink:

I am a bit sad to see my headcannon about Fluttershy being estranged from her parents due to her living like an earth pony fly the coop, though.

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 1

I am a bit sad to see my headcannon about Fluttershy being estranged from her parents due to her living like an earth pony fly the coop, though.

I wouldn't say she was estranged.

We don't know how often she visits her family, or how often they visit her. Until now we didn't know much about them.

I lived in many different states for quite a few years and I was never considered estranged... I talked to family and we visited each other as much as we could. 

Seems to me just in that little clip that Fluttershy and her father have a pretty good relationship seeing as she is concerned about his cloud collection. She knew how important it was to him. If anything, I would say that her brother is the one who is estranged.

(of a person) no longer close or affectionate to someone; alienated - estranged defined. 

To me it seemed like this was more the brother, from just the clip we can see that he cares more about his spa thing then the respect or love from his family. 

Just my opinion though. :fluttershy:

Also, Fluttershy having to relearn to be assertive in any episode featuring her is getting to be an old schtick.

I don't think she's going to have to relearn being assertive. She's kind of already getting a bit assertive towards him in that clip.

You can't just fly in and change everything Mom and Dad have built here.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

OMG. Fluttershy's brother is a hipster with a man bun. This is priceless. :P I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Her parents look super cute. Her dad definitely seems to share her sentimentality and connection with nature (though he seems to love clouds, not animals). I'm interested to see how her mom is.

I am so ready to watch this! I've wanted to know about Fluttershy's family for so long. I'm excited to have my questions answered. Yay!

Edited by Jennabun

(edited)

Hahahaha, oh boy, get ready for some controversy.sig-4544850.sig-4544844.qXT1wMy.png

Yup, this will be a base breaker episode

EDIT: Also, lol @the idea of Dave Rapp getting a Twitter. After Newbie Dash, Rapp's probably gonna want to stay as far away from Twitter as possible

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 3

Hahahaha, oh boy, get ready for some controversy.sig-4544844.qXT1wMy.png

As one of the few people who don't hate Newbie Dash, I can't say that I feel really strongly against this.

However I am really hoping that it doesn't get the same kind of reception that the former episode got.

I don't want to have to deal with that kind of drama again.

• Brohoof 5

Hahahaha, oh boy, get ready for some controversy.sig-4544844.qXT1wMy.png

I honestly laughed my ass off when I saw that and instantly went here to see if it was posted.

As someone who actually kinda enjoyed Newbie Dash (despite some misses) ... I'm all for doing the reasonable thing and watching the episode before I claim it sucks.

However, I shall accept any and all tears and rage. My Weather Dominator is powered by them.

• Brohoof 1