Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health "fun" exercise

Member Berry

I hate exercise and get bored of it easily. I used to skip with a skipping rope a lot when I was a kid, I was quite good at it. I may just buy a skipping rope and start skipping again. The problem is my back garden is tiny and the washing line is in the way >.> I don't know where to do it.

I'm just thinking I'm more likely to do exercise with something I liked doing as a kid. 

Any other ideas?

For me, if I am in an exercising mood, I like to have some videos on in the background, videos of things I really enjoy. Could be anything. TV show, movie, YouTuber, something positive that I can focus on so my mind is focusing on that, rather than the exercise itself. That way my mind and body is not focus on the straining. :D

• Brohoof 2

I find swimming to be a good source of exercise and is pretty fun, but I don't know if this the type of answer your looking for.

If not, than I would go with watching tv or a movie or something while exercise so you can have something else to focus on.

• Brohoof 2

I like excercising but books are on my list, its boring but i feel the need to read it before i can do the fun stuff. But atleast i feel its not too much of it, atleast the books needed for me to read before i can just have a life outside it :D

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if this is up your alley, but horseback riding is a great way to exercise, and it can be really fun.

If not, just do some simple workouts you can do at home while watching a movie or TV show you like. Or you might prefer putting some music on in the background. It's your choice.

• Brohoof 1

I swim, and I find that to be pretty enjoyable.  If you're looking for something to do at home for no cost, there's always pushups and sit-ups.  Not very entertaining.  You could always just put on some music and dance.

Theres some phone games that encourage exercise. For example, Zombie Run. Its a game that you play while running outside.

Personally, I listen to music or videos while running on the treadmill. I have a hard time scheduling time for it but its only a small part of the day.

• 3 years later...

Airsoft and paintball are a lot of fun, but they're expensive hobbies. Outside of events or just messing around in a friend's backyard, I haven't done much of either.

You'll think this is weird, but cosplaying (especially in restrictive or suffocating costumes) is a deceptive amount of cardio. In my experience, just strolling around a convention center in a full suit of armor or a fursuit is about as tiring as jogging around a track for the same amount of time, even more so if you're comfortable bringing a character to life, which can be tiring even without a costume on depending on how active you are.

The fitness plans from Darebee can be fun.  I also find doing pushups in a doorway while listening to music to be fun, especially when my cat's like "what're you doing???" and starts investigating.

I find swimming as ‘fun’ exercise. Plus it’s a best way to work out your body without putting much force or stress to your body. I found it relaxing too.

Swimming could be fun, its that way for me. :)

(You know you have a dirty mind when you think of the wrong stuff with that title like me. :D)

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

For me, dancing is fun exercise.

I loved dancing I actually did a small competition in dancing but then when school was done I never danced again or well not with other people that is. So definitely a good and a fun way of exercising actually especially as it's something you can get better at and you can vibe to some good music too.

• Brohoof 1