Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is something you wish you were pro at?

On 8/6/2017 at 9:44 PM, Nerdy Luigi said:

Playing Paladins/League of Legends/SOMETHING- If I could have streamed, I could have made serious money to prevent this from happening.

Getting things actually done- I have a concept for something that should already have at least gone to a publisher.

Understanding idiot- I would probably be more sane if I could do that.

I've considered getting good and streaming, and I already know how I'd probably climb the LoL ladder. Though I'd have to get used to playing it again and improve the way I used to play (which would take about half a year). Even then, I'd probably want to start with something that doesn't require so much for me to get noticed.

Knowing how lazy I am and how little opportunity I get to accomplish anything, unlikely.

Still wish I could do that, but it's still not possible.

Tbh I wish I was more musically inclined. I know it takes a lot of practice to be good at anything, but I seriously don’t get sheet music or instruments of any sort. I can draw decent and even write decently. I just can’t understand music for my life.

wish I was a pro at keyboard or maybe even guitar.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I wish I was a pro at math...you know, like geometry, algebra, calculus, that type of math. I'm really struggling with it in school, my math grades are horrible and I'm really getting no where with it. Heh, I'm so far behind in math, I'm still in algebra 1, if I can barely get through this, makes me wonder how I'm going to get through calculus. My mom wants me to get good grades in math so I can go to college, but honstly I don't see that happening. :sunny:

I know how you feel. If it’s any consultation, I sucked at math and got to college.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Steel Accord said:

I know how you feel. If it’s any consultation, I sucked at math and got to college.

Wow, you did? :twi: Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. I'll probably be fine anyway, considering the job I want to have doesn't require college. I'd still want to at least try to go to college though. 

• Brohoof 1

@Lucky Bolt I struggled with advance math when I was at school too. I only tried to do it so I could get in as a pilot in the Air Force. I ended up changing to regular and I absolutely killed it. Algebra just wasn't my thing and to this day I wish I would have taken maths seriously when I was in primary school, because it cost me my dream job. But I can still fly in the private sector, it's just expensive to get into 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

@Lucky Bolt I struggled with advance math when I was at school too. I only tried to do it so I could get in as a pilot in the Air Force. I ended up changing to regular and I absolutely killed it. Algebra just wasn't my thing and to this day I wish I would have taken maths seriously when I was in primary school, because it cost me my dream job. But I can still fly in the private sector, it's just expensive to get into 

Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

I wish I could be a professional at being more sociable. I usually tend to keep to myself and not interact with others unless I absolutely have to.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I wish I was pro at making art. I just don't have the time to practice nor the patience to. Anything I started I won't finish, feeling disgusted.

That, as well as school. Being a pro at school could of lead to a lot better things.

I can draw by hand, mainly because our Biology teachers were almost ruthless about the accuracy of our "observation drawings" in the lab, but I wish I had a steadier hand.

I also wish I could put more volume into my drawings, with lighting and shading and such.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By my understanding of the word, being a professional at something just means that you've made a career out of a skill. If there were a skill I wish I had that I could made a career out of, then I'd love to be a chemist. Chemistry was always a very intimidating class back in primary school but I regret never taking it. I love literature, but I don't like the idea of making a career out of a hobby. I want to keep enjoying it.

Then again if being a sommelier could keep me waist-deep in the good stuff, I wouldn't mind making a living off of that! :icwudt: