Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most unheard of games, that you know?

PonkiePoo

11 hours ago, ultrairongorilla said:

I've never played it, but I used to see it at my local Gamestop all the time. Is it any good?

It's a pretty strategic game tbh, you get to create your own monsters using appendages that you can create with materials found in the world, and each appendage has their own stats and attacks, meaning that you have to plan your creations carefully. The battles also require you to think hard and cleverly in order to win. Luckily, the battle system is turn-based so you can do just that. So yeah, I'd definitely recommend it.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Anyone know this series?

gc_tak_and_the_power_of_juju_p_j5jntl.jpTak_2_-_The_Staff_of_Dreams_Coverart.png

I thought the Tak cartoon was a mess. :dry: But the first couple of games, which were the ones I played as a kid, were alright, even though I don't see myself returning to them out of nostalgia.

I remember that series. My cousin used to bring over the games all the time. I remember the cartoon on nickelodeon the most.....yeah it kind of sucked.:please:

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Rayman_2.jpg.22e80b674ec397675cadab1d90f2529d.jpgRayman_3_1261.jpg.ac238617ebd7dcaa6a41ad4e5eb21855.jpg

Rayman 2 used to be hugely popular with the lets play community back in like 2008, but now seems forgotton about despite being a steller platformer.

Rayman 3 I hear nothing about whatsoever, despite it being a pretty solid game too.

I loved those games, too, along with the original and Raving Rabbids. The original has a beautiful soundtrack that I listen to to this day.

• Brohoof 1

Super_3D_Noah's_Ark.png

Super 3-D Noah's Ark, developed by Wisdom Tree, who also developed such memorable tites like Bible Adventures, Spiritual Warfare, Joshua–The Battle of Jericho, King of Kings, Bible Buffet, Exodus and Sunday Funday. It released on the SNES in 1994, and released for MS-DOS in 1995, It was basically a reskinned version of Wolfenstein 3D that may or may not have been a response from id Software for the censorship of Wolfenstein 3D by Nintendo of America. This game was also unofficial as hell. It required players to plug another SNES game on top of it to get it to work. Wisdom Tree may have been a Christian oriented company, but Nintendo's Seal of Approval isn't in the Bible.

1AD60426-92F6-B5C3-CB771F532CA78E35.png

The game can be purchased brand new with a box. It can also be purchased on Steam for $5.

It really is very similar to Wolfenstein 3D, but instead of killing Nazis, you run around Noah's Ark shoot sleep-inducing food at animals, and that's basically it.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rocket Robot On Wheels, Sucker Punch's first game, the creators of the Sly Cooper series. I feel like I'm the only one that knows about this game. Bit of trivia, in the first Sly Cooper game, you can notice Rocket's name written on some Tombstones.

Rocket_Robot_on_Wheels_Cover.jpg.a64de018a967eca0020ee2b58c947c08.jpg

On 7/12/2016 at 8:38 AM, Knightgem said:

I love this game to bits from the early 2000's, most epic RPG I've been part of. And yet when I mention it, people look at me as if I'm making it up. Anyone else experienced this master piece? post-38820-0-76544800-1468326842.jpg

I actually still have a copy of Arcanum floating around :D

Anyways, there's this old, DOS game from 1992 that practically nobody's ever heard of called Executioners that was a Double-Dragon type beat 'em up, but with rather bad graphics & animation, however what makes this game stick in my mind is the entire warped storyline & combat was a black comedy gold mine:

• 2 weeks later...