Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If... any of the main 6 die in the movie?

Mr.Hoofs

Somepony's going to die in order to pull the "bring back to life" cliche.

I could see a "Gandalf the White" sort of thing happening where we are led to think that somepony died but they come back more powerful than before.

No, I do not think they would.

On a similar vein, though, I think they might retire the Mane 6 in this movie, keeping them around, but having this movie be sort of a finale for them.

I have noticed for quite some time that they have been priming Starlight Glimmer to take Twilight's place. First, she became the "friendship student," then even after that, she took a leading role in this last season's finale.

I mentioned this theory in a different post, but here is a gist of my reasoning. All the 6 have more or less achieved their destinies. All of them are now pretty much the experts of friendship, and most of the recent episodes that involve a lesson usually are about somepony else, or make one of the Main 6 badly written. Most of their crippling flaws have been reduced to quirky character traits instead.

In contrast, they have been introducing characters that have these flaws that were present in the first season of the show. Namely, I think Trixie and Discord are the most likely to become main characters in this next "phase." Not just because they showed up in the finale, though. Trixie was redeemed, but her flaws were not completely removed. Discord even had episodes where he learned specific lessons in friendship. All three of them, Discord, Trixie, and Starlight, are new to the concept of friendship, and are in the same position as Twilight in the beginning of the series.

So no, I don't think they'll kill off anypony. But I think this might be a sort of series finale for the Main 6, as they transition to supporting roles in the main series.

Maybe they'll still have map episodes, where they go to solve other ponies' problems. I hope so. But I think the main "Lessons in Ponyville" thing will go to Starlight.

Yes, all of them. That's actually the whole movie, just long, drawn out death scenes...

Nah man probably not unless they think corpse toys will sell well. (They won't)

Reading too much darkfic is the reason this thread was born ;}. They actually do two death scenes of the show, one for Sombra (on-screen death) and Celestia (a fake out), the Celestia one is really sad, they even mute the music, just the sound of Twilight sobbing, i bet in a few seconds you actually believe she is dead so it possible to do that again. Make Twilight look like she sacrificed herself, let the audience alone with their thought for 30s, then poop, she's alive, best scene ever 10/10.

The Mane6 are basically an inseparable unit, what with their immutable friendship and their EoH bondedness. If only one of the 6 dies, the remaining members would suffer from survivor guilt and various other mental problems for the rest of their on-screen lives, which couldn't be a particularly long span of time unless Hasbro ups the show's rating to M.

Alternatively, Hasbro could kill off ALL of the 6 simultaneously, which would result in legions of bronies laying siege to their assets around the world and attempting to assassinate their CEO in various imaginative ways, most of which result in all parties involved coated in pine sap. :catface:

For those prepping their pitchforks in advance, this guy's the one you'll be looking for:

post-39308-0-20912000-1485046072_thumb.png

Death in the official MLP universe (pffffft).

Tho this is a movie so they can take some more creative freedom...i hope.

But knowing Hasbro they would go the Pokemon Movie route and be like "oh Rainbow Dash is dead. But the power of friendship and pony tears brought her back almost instantly" :D

Short of the movie being derived from an edgy Brony fanfic, it's not gonna happen.  There are snowballs in hell that are more optimistic about their chances.

Edgy Brony fanfic. Don't you mean a dark, moody fanfic like Fallout Equestria? (Twilight and company playing a hand in Equestria becoming a wasteland is a bit of a turnoff.)

Do you think any of the ponies probably die in the movie?

Well Disney basically kills of the parents in every movie. Not to mention the Times villains died in pretty gruesome ways. So death in a kids movie isn't unheard of. But mlp is a lot more light hearted. Besides Sombra I don't think there has been any official confirmation of other charcters dying. Also mlp is a toy line. Hasbro wouldn't allow a character to be killed off. Because then they couldn't make any new toys based off of the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To answer the question, I don't foresee any of the characters dying.  Now a change in the status quo, or possibly characters being replaced, that is possible.

Rarity should die in the movie, and Coco Pommel should take over as the head of all her boutiques in Equestria. She should also become Sweetie Belle's new care taker, since the magnificent Sweetie Belle deserves better than worst pony as her sister :o

• Brohoof 1