Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Call of Duty vs. Battlefield

Mint Petal

75 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Battlefield Series
    • Call of Duty Series

Battlefield, there is a bit of a challenge in Battlefield, and if you do it on the PC, other than higher quality graphics, you also deal with less little kids, and to top it all off, there is more teamwork in it (sadly) that TF2, on the PC version that is.

• Brohoof 1

Medal of Honor*cricket sounds*

But of the two, I'd say CoD, probably because it doesn't take much skill, so it's easier for me to get into. But I still love Battlefield for the Bad Company games

• Brohoof 1

I'm conflicted... I don't really know. I enjoy COD since I'm pretty good and with friends I can have fun. I don't "tryhard" though so half the time I go negative or something seeing as I'm just casually playing and I always focus on the objective as opposed to most players. Then... Some punk kid starts talking trash to me for no good reason. Next thing you know I have a swarm and when the game ends, he doesn't say anything and then leaves when I do it again. I hate this. I don't like being forced to make a group of brats or some guy saying I suck and I'm gay for having a pony as my emblem shut up. On the other hand. I enjoy myself when I DO get to play casually since i tend to just joke around with other players in my age range. In Battlefield however, I always play tactically and think a bit more. The difference is that I actually enjoy it here. I love the WAY it makes me think. It doesn't make me get mad or annoyed. It's enjoyable how I communicate with my squad to get by an obstacle. Here though I get more annoyed when my squad doesn't do something necessary. Half the time it's me who has to take a role nobody wants to. I tend to have to change to engineer if there's a vehicle or into a support if we need heavy cover or a sniper if see we need a counter sniper. I feel like half the time it's me doing the thinking. meh... I don't know

• Brohoof 1

While they are both FPS games, they're actually pretty different.

Call of Duty is just a fun little game you can play if you just want to relax a bit. It's kind of like an arcade game. I like it because you don't have to put much effort into it, and it is just lighthearted fun. It's simple, and fun to play with friends. I also like the emblem editor (which is something Battlefield doesn't have), and the zombies mode in some of the games. Also, since I'm not too knowledgeable on military stuff and related; Call of Duty is easier for me to understand.

However, I also really like Battlefield. I love the large scale of the maps, and vehicles are a lot of fun. Battlefield games are fun when I want to think about what strategy to use. The destructible environments is really nice as well. Not that it really matters, but the graphics are really nice as well, and really enhances the game.

So, in conclusion, I think I'll have to go with Battlefield. The sounds and graphics are much nicer, the maps are much larger and are destructible, and you can't beat the feel of flying a vehicle in the sky.

• Brohoof 2

Battlefield is easily the better game, but I sink most of my time into Call of Duty, since that's what my friends play. I'm kind of upset that Battlefield is going into a release every other year. I don't want it to stagnate like Call of Duty. Then again, Black Ops II was the best one yet.

• Brohoof 1

I wish there was just one CoD fan out there who could go without mentioning zombies.

I personally prefer CoD (especially the first two Modern Warfare games), but the more recent Battlefields are also good to play sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

They're two totally different play styles of FPS, so you can't really compare as to what one is better. CoD is an arcade shooter and Battlefiled is more realistic.

I play mostly CoD. Black Ops 2 is probably one of the better ones customization wise and has a few interesting and "Dynamic" map elements. I'm not a fan of the zombies though. If I want zombies, I'll play Left 4 Dead or killing floor or something....

Battlefield? I Played ab it of BF3 and honestly wasn't a fan of it. Palying some game modes it took forever to get to an objective if you died, and usually there's no vehicles so you end up having to walk the entire way...only to get killed again. The Flashlight and laser were really annoying.I've also played Bad Company 2,,which was also pretty boring. the maps are so huge you *need* vehicles.

Overall I like CoD. it's an easy game to just pick up and play.And that's what I like in a game. I also like being rewarded when I get a certian number of kills in a row. BF doesn't do that....you don't really earn anything other then some lame badge.

Will I be getting Ghosts? Maybe, it's not high on my priority list.

• Brohoof 3

I'm more of a Battlefield fan for mainly two reasons: vehicles and classes.

Having to deal with with those pesky tanks and helicopters brings nice change of pace to the battlefield. That's an encounter that takes more than accuracy and a fast trigger to win and I like that about it. 

Class based gameplay usually brings a stronger sense of team play. Every class has its strength and its role on the team. It's a beautiful moment when every piece falls in place: the ammo is being dropped, people are being revived, vehicles are being repaired, the team is an unstoppable force.

• Brohoof 2

I'm more of a Battlefield fan for mainly two reasons: vehicles and classes.

Having to deal with with those pesky tanks and helicopters brings nice change of pace to the battlefield. That's an encounter that takes more than accuracy and a fast trigger to win and I like that about it. 

Class based gameplay usually brings a stronger sense of team play. Every class has its strength and its role on the team. It's a beautiful moment when every piece falls in place: the ammo is being dropped, people are being revived, vehicles are being repaired, the team is an unstoppable force.

Damn straight. Those are the times I enjoy most. In battlefield, it feels nice when you're squad is doing well and communicating. I don't get that same feeling in COD. Here, when my team is trying a bit too hard and just want's to win, I just feel bad for the enemy team. They don't get a chance to at least go down fighting. Here I prefer being put into the team that's being slaughtered just to piss off the other team and show them that when someone with skill is on the other team, it isn't so fun and easy. Then they yell at me that I suck just because I did well and that I use an "overpowered" weapon: The Assault Shield. In Battlefield, I feel like if any team thinks, they can win.

I'm quite neutral between both the games. Battlefield 3 has larger maps, vehicles and more weapons, but COD puts you straight into the action. Battlefield 3 is more slow-paced, you must use strategies. COD is more fast-paced due to smaller maps. Either one has their own traits that I like.

I guess the topic title is supposed to say "Call of Duty or Battlefield" ?

Firstly I must say that I am pretty sure that we already have a couple of threads like this one. I'll provide a link for the staff and then we can hope that they'll merge the thread with another one.

Anyways, I don't argue with the thing that Battlefield is a better game. It probably is. But I personally prefer cod 100 times over Battlefield because I have always been a cod-nerd and I don't like change. Plus, I suck at battlefield, compared to cod when I win almost every game I come in to.

Hi there, @. A thread for comparing Call of Duty and Battlefield already exists, so your thread has been merged into the older one. A good idea is to use the search function to see if what you want to talk about isn't already being discussed.

Another FPS war? Ok then, CoD has the fast paced action that any FPS player should love, decent weapon balancing(with a few acceptions) regular patchs and updating, and a fairly good arsonal of weaponry to choose from, CoD is particularly a little more creative than battlefield, but is not willing to push the boundries far enough to make a game that is not a copy and paste of the last, you get one extra mode when you play CoD, which I particularly enjoy. On the downside though, without going to much into the community side of things, every CoD gun feels like a copy of another, not including Balck ops 2 which brought some weapons very unique traits exe. the AN-94, the first two shots are faster, or the M8A1 the first 4 round assult rifle I have ever seen. As I said before, CoD is sticking within its boundries because it know they can make a lot of money off of pre-established concepts, they will however bring uniqueness to it's games with some optional weapons i.e. the special class from the black ops series, you  get some guns you wouldn't see on the conventional battlefield. The community, like all, has its good and bad parts to it, but I will not go into detail as this is already getting long. It seems as if the CoD staff doesn't really take much community imput all that much, there are no deticated servers, and guns feel as if they were nerf guns. 

Going to Battlefield 3 you have ups and downs as well as there were in CoD, battlefield I will say, hands down, has some large advantages over CoD, there are deticated servers, there is no noticable lag(for the average gamer) and it has an amazing engine running everything. It has a solid campain, although once done with it, there is not much to do in it, The Frostbite 2 engine is a very advanced engine compared to CoD's. It takes everything into consideration, speed of travel, bullet velocity, and caliber of bullet. The multiplayer I prefer over CoD because CoD lacks the teamwork needed to complete a round of a multiplayer game. In BF3 communicating with your team can mean the difference between winning and losing, in CoD any one person can win a game mode by themselves. Although battlefield is a little bit slower paced at times, it has it's moments, like when 32 people are all rushing towards a group or two of four guys. Co-op I wouldn't even consider a ligitimate game mode, it is quite boring but is quite rewarding, as some of the better weapons can come from playing it. Overall when it comes to co-op, I would play zombies over BF3 co-op any day.

When it comes down to everything, Single player is a personal preferance, I myself berfer battlefield single player, but it's just an opinion, BF3 takes the multiplayer scene with its better engine, better overall machanics, and teamworking skills. (I cannot tell you how annoying it is when you need health or ammo, and your teammate will not throw you a restoritive pack. So assult and support, keeps those kits out there for use!) For a co-operative gamemode, CoD takes it by a landslide with its Zombies gamemode because of easter eggs, fun factor, and last, but definately not least, replayability factor.

And for those of you curious, It is 2525 characters.

There both great games, but what ruins great games are the community, battlefield is a great game for everyone, people how rush and camp, but cod, if you camp or do something that people don't like, prepare to get hated big time.

There both great games, but what ruins great games are the community, battlefield is a great game for everyone, people how rush and camp, but cod, if you camp or do something that people don't like, prepare to get hated big time.

For Battlefield, say you're a COD player and you'll be hated big time. I find that far more Battlefield players bash COD than the other way around. Ultimately, I see that neither community is better than the other; they have both degraded.

As for the games themselves, I'll play COD when I'm in the mood for a fast-paced action game and I'll play BF when I'm in the mood for a slower-paced objective game (although the computer I'm currently using prevents me from playing BF due to its outdated hardware).

Edited by 115Predator

Well personally, the graphics of a game is a very small factor to weather I like the game or not. 

In summary, I find Call of Duty a better game to me, although I won't talk down on BF3, Battlefield is a much slower, more tactical game, which does require more patience and skill to a degree because of all the vehicles and many more weapons and alike.

Call of Duty is trashed a fair bit for being 'too easy to be good' and yes it is easy to be good, but it's hard to be great, yes there's ALOT of trolls and campers with a fairly poor community, if you get to the point of being great at the game, the campers are hardly a problem because the developers implement things that can remove the campers out of the equation.

Battlefield is fun but nothing more that that to me, I can play for it for a hour at most but that's only playing around in vehicles, and when I attempt to play properly I get bored due to the guns/map size/objectives. 

So entirely IMO these are the pros/cons

BF3:

Pros:

Better community

More variety of guns

More variety/complex game modes

Longer games

Dedicated servers

Cons:

Large maps

Too many different guns

Slow game style

Vehicles (Yes I know, I just don't find them all that exciting)

CoD

Pros:

More statistical focused

Better leveling system (imo)

Many fun game modes

Easier to learn

More character customization

Kill streaks

Cons:

Lag

Poor community

Campers

So that's what I think, so yes I am a Call of Duty fanboy, but I do also like BF3 at times (:

I'm more akin to the Call of Duty franchise. To be honest I don't play either much but I've played COD more. I like how fast-paced it is and it's easy to play. I remember renting battlefield 2 and I just wasn't feeling it. 

I'm not into either one of these, but if i'd have to choose...

-> Battlefield

Why? I haven't even ever played battlefield. But i used to play alot of CoD. I don't like CoD because it seems there is surely always a weapon that will obliterate anything else. (MP40-Waw, One man army noobtubes-MW2, FAMAS-Black Ops, MP7- MW3). And the worst thing?

THEY NERFED RIOT SHIELDS!

MW2= unbreakable beasts that absorb bullets like it's no big deal, and actually protected you.

MW3= shields break in 2 shots, and you can just spray at it, and you'll Always get a kill anyhow.

And i also dislike the amount of ragey kids in CoD games, i have nothing against them playing it, but squeaky voices get annoying after a week or so.

I go for the game i have yet to experience, as i've heard good stuff about it.

BTW: best FPS : Gotham City imposters, hands down.

Edited by Dusk Dream
  • Brohoof 2

I have to go with battlefield because I got tired of the unreality of COD.battlefield just seems more realistic than COD with the way things are done in the game. I will probably still get this new COD coming out soon, but I know I will be getting the new battlefield.

• Brohoof 1

I would vote for Battlefield because in every BF game they've released since 1942 till now, there has been some variation in the gameplay. 

But at the moment I'd go for Black Ops 2 over BF3 because BF3 also feels just like a slightly more realistic COD with blue tint everywhere, it has jets and everything but if I want to play battlefield, I play BF2.

• Brohoof 1

I played all the Modern Warfares for a while. Now I hate the franchise, its a stale as overcooked french bread left out side in the Gobi desert. I don't want to play games like CoD anymore. I'd rather play Mario Kart or Borderlands any day.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

These days I have a big preference for Battlefield.

Not that I hate CoD, in fact I've played every CoD since Finest Hour like a fan. It's just that World at War is all hacked, and Black Ops 2 got real boring. Battlefield 3 on the other hand has remained kickass even with it's downsides (such as ridiculous and unethical admin rules), and I don't even have the last 3 pieces of DLC. I also love how Battlefield is so much more team based.

If I have to choose between Battlefield 4 and CoD: Ghost... it's going to be Battlefield 4 hands down. In fact I might not even get Ghost, at least that's what I'm feeling at the moment.

• Brohoof 1