Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which five ponies would you NOT save in a catastrophic event?

KillerKingBakudan

Tornadoes, thunderstorms, blizzards, earthquakes and tsunamis are tearing Equestria apart. It's much too dangerous for pegasi to fly. And there are also some unforeseen anomalies coinciding with these storms:

- Unicorns and alicorns are suddenly deprived of all their magic

- Every non-pony creature close enough to breathe Equestrian air becomes a zombie.

There is no doubt that this is the work of a new villain. Because the princesses are unable to put a stop to it, they send orders to every city to evacuate. All ponies are to meet up at a harbor where they will board a large ship, which you happen to be given control of.

But despite its massive size, the number of ponies gathered exceeds the ship's capacity by five. Not everyone can make it. And you are given total authority on deciding who has to stay behind (and in case you're wondering, no, you don't get to volunteer and stay yourself). 

Who are the unlucky ones?

My candidates:

Shining Armor: He's an irritating prick. But I have to admit he's also a noble one, so I'm sure he would have no qualms sacrificing himself for a more deserving pony to live. Cadence and Flurry are more than capable of moving on without his punk ass.

Suri Polomare: Call it karma if you will. It may have been every pony for themselves in Manehattan, but here, there's no room for that philosophy or any deceitful little shit like her.

Spoiled Rich: The mother who taught Diamond Tiara to be an asshole. She epitomizes abusive mothers, and I certainly wouldn't want her influence tainting any more of the younger pony generation in their new home. Maybe with her out of the equation, Filthy can develop better tastes in mares and marry someone who can set good examples.

Soarin: None of the Wonderbolts were exactly the best role-models for Rainbow Dash in the last two seasons. Soarin just gets a nice, comfy spot on the harbor dock because I don't like his face.

Prince Blueblood: Being a relative of Celestia does not stop him from being a complete waste of flesh. On second thought, I take that back. I'm sure he'd make decent food for the zombies, so the other four can survive just a bit longer with his carcass getting feasted on.

Edited by Lord-Pomegranate

Why, only the absolute best pony in the world is deserving to be left behind in the wake of destruction. Of course, I am talking about the almighty Zephyr Breeze.

Even a terrible character like him needs a bit of company though. Would probably leave a pony like Starlight with him. She is so overpowered that she probably would survive anyways. They can also have Prince Blueblood with them as well. Probably Fleetfoot from the Wonderbolts, have to leave at least one of them behind for being so unlikable lately. Last but not least and this is not a pony but I am counting it anyways, Gabby. Gaaaaah I hate her.

It is funny how typing out this post doesn't make me feel bad, at all. :P

Whichever 5 ponies volunteer to stay behind, and in the event I don't get 5 volunteers, I guess the last ones will be the ones who are too slow to get on the boat before it's all full.

Total cop-out? Yeah, but I don't hate any character in this show enough to want them to die. Besides, purposely picking out who deserves to die like this? Saying "You don't deserve life, because you're obnoxious and you annoy me."...I don't know, I'd feel like a complete monster doing that, what gives me that right to decide that?

• Brohoof 3

I'd choose from the prisoners from the holding cells in Canterlot Castle, the terminally ill, and possibly those who require treatment but since magic isn't working right, can't get it.

Whichever 5 ponies volunteer to stay behind, and in the event I don't get 5 volunteers, I guess the last ones will be the ones who are too slow to get on the boat before it's all full.

Total cop-out? Yeah, but I don't hate any character in this show enough to want them to die. Besides, purposely picking out who deserves to die like this? Saying "You don't deserve life, because you're obnoxious and you annoy me."...I don't know, I'd feel like a complete monster doing that, what gives me that right to decide that?

Leaving it to chance is your right. But I'm sure ponies will have it in for you regardless of what you decide to do. Some ponies like Granny Smith are too physically disadvantaged to get on the boat fast enough, and making them a priority could be seen as favoritism. You also have to think about the consequences of letting certain ponies on board. It's not just about who's obnoxious; someone could potentially put others at risk by stealing all the food, damaging the ship, etc.

I could never leave any ponies behind regardless of their personalities, as doing so would only leave me feeling incredibly guilty for not doing enough to save them along with everyone else. I'd probably stay behind on my own and allow them the chance to survive even if some would protest my decision. Their lives hold more meaning than mine does.

Would leave most of the Wonderbolts and capable pegasi around because I mean all those weather problems look like something they can get under control. It is their job anyway.

Edited by cider float

Would leave most of the Wonderbolts and capable pegasi around because I mean all those weather problems look like something they can get under control. It is their job anyway.

The fact ponies are losing their magic, and others are turning into zombies is more than enough to convince the populace that the storms are not natural. Like the blizzard that happened in the Season 6 premiere, pegasi would get their asses kicked trying to clear those storm clouds. And even if they could, they're still useless against earthquakes and tsunamis.

Leaving it to chance is your right. But I'm sure ponies will have it in for you regardless of what you decide to do. Some ponies like Granny Smith are too physically disadvantaged to get on the boat fast enough, and making them a priority could be seen as favoritism. You also have to think about the consequences of letting certain ponies on board. It's not just about who's obnoxious; someone could potentially put others at risk by stealing all the food, damaging the ship, etc.

If this were a realistic scenario, I'd do everything in my power to find a way to get the other 5 to come with safely, but since not, I'll hope I get 5 volunteers. If I'm bringing all the ponies along, I imagine that'd actually happen. Other than that though...I'm leaving it to chance who doesn't get on, I don't feel it's my right to decide who lives and dies. If somepony hates me for that, so be it, I don't blame them for it either.

The fact ponies are losing their magic, and others are turning into zombies is more than enough to convince the populace that the storms are not natural. Like the blizzard that happened in the Season 6 premiere, pegasi would get their asses kicked trying to clear those storm clouds. And even if they could, they're still useless against earthquakes and tsunamis.

Well that's too bad. But if Wonderbolts have to really prove themselves they should go and attempt that so I leave them for this grand mission.

The villains are either defeated, incapacitated, reformed, or dead (hi Sombra, oh yeah, dead ponies can't answer back), and the douches are.... douches. So far, no douche is so low as to merit being left behind. I would leave behind unseen murderers and rapist. Come on, if Equestria is similar in many ways to our society, they should have one or two around by pure logic  

Let's see.... Hmmm.

1. Snips,
  2. and Snails, these two annoy the hell out of me. I wouldn't be sad to see them gone from the show forever. 
  3. Silver Spoon, I'm going to assume she went nice when Diamond tiara went good. But that doesn't change the fact that she was just a follower sticking her nose in with whoever she thought could advance her place in the school's social order.
  4. Discord, because he probably caused it, and if he didn't he could fix it with a snap of his claws. 
  5. Blueblood, too snooty! 

1.) Fluttershy - She's very annoying imo and a liability

2.) Flash Sentry - Bleh I don't like him and I have my own reasons.

3.) Rarity - She complains and breaks down over the smallest of things I'd think she would be another liability.

4.) Celestia - Luna can get things done and is overall much better imo.

5.) Suri Polomare.... Need I say more?

*These are only 'my' opinions... don't get all butthurt if I mentioned one of favorite characters* To each their own.

Honorable mentions... Zepher Breeze or whatever his name is I actually forgot about this character. Diamond Tiara and her father filthy rich.

Edited by Gone Airbourne