Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So.... Am I the only who is watching this Movie mainly for the Mane 6?

Sly

(edited)

Hey there.

I'm noticing that the news about this Movie are making huge debates, about the various things it will introduce and all sorta of things.... but there is actually somebody else other than me who is watching mainly for the Mane 6? I know that the Movie offers a lot of really interesting things the main show never did like a new great animation style, new locations outside of Equestria and new characters, and personally aside that.... THING of Grubber, I like everything I've seen so far from it, but unlike I made it sound like in the past months, I'm not setting my bars extremely high, expecting a super epic epocal animated movie like we haven't seen in years, or something like that. All I actually want from this Movie.... are the Mane 6 at their best. That's it. While that sounds like a lame wish from a production like this, this is actually all I really want from this Movie. Nothing more. You actually know my reasons about this (yeah, I've been pretty vocal on that in the past months... sorry about that), but aside what are my reasons, there is anybody else here who wants to watch this Movie mainly for the six Ponies who made the show (or the first five seasons at least) great in the first Place?

Edited by Sly
  • Brohoof 2

I have wanted that from the beginning, ever since the movie was first announced. They can do whatever they want with new celebrity-voiced characters and exotic settings, but if the Mane 6 really shine, that's what would really make me happy. I want them to be more than just flat sidekick versions of themselves; I want to enjoy them as much as I would in any usual episode featuring all of them. Just make the plot more interesting than an extended episode.

• Brohoof 1

Hey there.

I'm noticing that the news about this Movie are making huge debates, about the various things it will introduce and all sorta of things.... but there is actually somebody else other than me who is watching mainly for the Mane 6? I know that the Movie offers a lot of really interesting things the main show never did like a new great animation style, new locations outside of Equestria and new characters, and personally aside that.... THING of Grubber, I like everything I've seen so far from it, but unlike I made it sound like in the past months, I'm not setting my bars extremely high, expecting a super epic epocal animated movie like we haven't seen in years, or something like that. All I actually want from this Movie.... are the Mane 6 at their best. That's it. While that sounds like a lame wish from a production like this, this is actually all I really want from this Movie. Nothing more. You actually know my reasons about this (yeah, I've been pretty vocal on that in the past months... sorry about that), but aside what are my reasons, there is anybody else here who wants to watch this Movie mainly for the six Ponies who made the show (or the first five seasons at least) great in the first Place?

Nope, same here. Just watching the movie for the mane six. I couldn't care less about the furry brigade.

While I do want to see the mane 6 in the movie, I am curious to see what these new characters will be like, and the type of world building that these new creatures and locations could provide.

While I love seeing the Mane Six in this movie, I'm hoping to see some other familiar faces in the rest of the Royal Family with Celestia, Luna, Cadance, and Shining Armor, alongside all the new faces we're getting in the movie with Princess Skystar, her mother, Capper, and more.

I'm okay with whatever they make considering that I've never been dissapointed before, but I DO want to see the mane 6 at their best since they've been focusing on other characters as of late in the show 

I'm okay with whatever they make considering that I've never been dissapointed before, but I DO want to see the mane 6 at their best since they've been focusing on other characters as of late in the show

If this could make you feel even better about this movie: it's made by people who worked on the first FIVE seasons, NOT the ones who worked on the s6 or the s7. (And this would be another main reason of why I rely on this Movie so much for getting the Mane 6 at their best before I go)

• Brohoof 1

Of course not! I too wanna watch by this movie for the Mane Six! Make sure its a team effort and not having Twilight do all the problem solving! But not just the Mane Six, I want Spike shining moments too! Please, Meghan? :3

I couldn't care less about the furry brigade.

Same, it just looks way way too out of place. I think it might foreshadow cringe. I hope they know what they are doing.

Personally I think making it more like the best of the comic would prolly be good, granted it'd be a little skewed due to primary show expectations.

Then we get um, more attempts at Coloratura-esque characters n moments I suppose, which might be a good thing. 

But then the *cringes* I mean it looks like a brooklyn? 80s(dont quote me on this lol)? Cat dude? If I recall right, hm, like Grease? 

My brain is rebelling. 

Somewhat speechless. 

I mean tho I am obviously missing context. Maybe this is a multi-dimensional adventure and they end up in catsville 

7e6d1accc83b473a6e7f3b78967fc2a4.png

I hope its not in Equestria, it'd set a bad, very bad precedent for future episodes lol.

You kidding? That's exactly why I'm watching it. Seeing my heroes up on the big screen? (Although I'm spoiled in that category in recent years.) Seeing them face trials and challenges like they haven't before? I'm always delighted to see them again and this will be a huge treat.

Besides for how things are going in the show, this Movie might even be the last time in human history where we'll see the Mane 6 saving the day.... Let's hope for the best under this point then.

We don't have much info about the film so naturally we discuss about the character designs that we have already. It does not mean poeple don't care for the mane 6, we just can't really discuss about their role in the story before a trailer.

But I think the movie giving us something new with worldbuilding and new characters and such is very important. I want this to feel like a film not just an episode. We have plenty of those to look forward to already.