Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What type of premiere do you think season seven will have?

Tilgoreth

I'm thinking more in terms of season five or season six. But any mlp season premiere is fine. I hope it has one similarity to season five. The Cute Map was the first season premiere to go somewhere New. And the subject matter was interesting and something not explored often in a show like mlp. Or laser death battles is good to.

It doesn't have to reach the whole DBZ fight scenes like action we got in Twilight's Kingdom, but I would prefer for it to be more adventure based than slice of life based.

The last two premieres ended up leaning more towards Slice of Life than adventures and I felt that they got dull at points.

I would even go to say that the Crystalling is my least favorite premiere.  

I mean it's a decent episode, but I wanted something more interesting and exciting for a 44 minute episode.

• Brohoof 4

I hope Starlight accidentally rips open a portal to demons or something and tries to fix it without Twi finding out, Twi finds out end of episode one, episode 2 is them all fixing it.

• Brohoof 1

It doesn't have to reach the whole DBZ fight scenes like action we got in Twilight's Kingdom, but I would prefer for it to be more adventure based than slice of life based.

The last two premieres ended up leaning more towards Slice of Life than adventures and I felt that they got dull at points.

I mean it's a decent episode, but I wanted something more interesting and exciting for a 44 minute episode.

Yeah the only thing that saved The Crystalling for me was that it focused a lot on Starlight. But I don't feel like The Cutie Map was really slice of life. It presented an interesting villain that we hadn't seen before.

I really want to see the possible introduction of a villain/force that has subtle development occasionally throughout the season until the climax in the finale. It was easy to avoid that with Chrysalis because it allowed for the shock of the changelings taking over everyone. Probably the closest we've gotten to that is Tirek and the rainbow items, but I want there to be some mysteriously looming force, almost like a minor underlying continuity beneath the "Friendship of the Week" kinds of episodes. It's a bit much to ask for, but it would be awesome rather than just introducing a new villain in the very last episode.

Oh yes, and music. I hope there's lots of music.

• Brohoof 2

I really want to see the possible introduction of a villain/force that has subtle development occasionally throughout the season until the climax in the finale. It was easy to avoid that with Chrysalis because it allowed for the shock of the changelings taking over everyone. Probably the closest we've gotten to that is Tirek and the rainbow items, but I want there to be some mysteriously looming force, almost like a minor underlying continuity beneath the "Friendship of the Week" kinds of episodes. It's a bit much to ask for, but it would be awesome rather than just introducing a new villain in the very last episode.

^YES. THIS. ALL OF THIS. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING MY EXACT THOUGHTS INTO WORDS.

And we might potentially be getting this, since the current arc in the comics is meant to tie into season 7.

Edited by BadHorse
  • Brohoof 1

There might be a slight continuation of what happened at the end of the season six finale given that has been the case with all of the season premieres save for the first two, but then it would transform into its own adventure that helps set the stage for what is to come throughout the season. A new villain would be nice as opposed to an old one or a natural disaster.

• Brohoof 3

There might be a slight continuation of what happened at the end of the season six finale given that has been the case with all of the season premieres save for the first two, but then it would transform into its own adventure that helps set the stage for what is to come throughout the season. A new villain would be nice as opposed to an old one or a natural disaster.

Yes. A new villain. Someone clever. Some one cunning. Someone merciless.

5 year time skip. Twilight and Starlight are tasked with training Flurry Heart to hone her magical potential as she is the only one powerful enough to take out Chrysalis after she absorbed all the love from *insert random pony colonizations here". Premiere leads up to season-wide arc of Flurry Heart's journey of self discovery and coming to terms with fulfilling her destiny and taking out the evil Queen.

Either that or... what I posted on Ponychan many months ago

1479305309359.png

Why are people ignoring the comics? They said issues 51-53 are connected to season 7, so I think Shadow Lock is our season villain.

Keep in mind the Season premier and the season finale can be completely divorced from each other-- Shadowlock could be related to the finale, not the premier. After all, as an example, discord and chrysalis had nothing to do with each other for the S2 premier and the S2 finale.

Why are people ignoring the comics? They said issues 51-53 are connected to season 7, so I think Shadow Lock is our season villain.

If ya think about it though, half of the fandom doesn't read the comics. Not many people know Shadowlock exists, so if he does appear on the show, he's probably not getting the "main antagonist" role, because alot of people wouldn't know where he came from. Just a character that popped outta nowhere.

• Brohoof 1

I'm hoping that we never have another episode like that again, they tried to put good visuals to make the episode better than what it actually was while having the main character being the only competent character in the episode, the plot itself was average at best, I hated that episode.

For once I'd like to not have a premiere where the well being of Equestria is at stake, or where they've got to stop the big bad from destroying the world, especially if it means more Starlight hogging the spotlight while the mane 6 are screwed over, being reduced to damsels in distress(they won't even let them fucking job!)

I don't see how taking down the rule of an authoritarian regime is something that happen to the everyday folk :dash:

Oh yes, and music. I hope there's lots of music.

I'd hate for Chrysalis to be the threat in the premiere, as her threat of vengeance would feel pretty underwhelming otherwise

^YES. THIS. ALL OF THIS. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING MY EXACT THOUGHTS INTO WORDS.

And we might potentially be getting this, since the current arc in the comics is meant to tie into season 7.

Well yeah. The new arc, and the new comic series both tie to S7, and they have Equestria's history as common plot points. So I guess they'll start a new arc where they have to discover important pieces of Equestria's history up to the finale

5 year time skip. Twilight and Starlight are tasked with training Flurry Heart to hone her magical potential as she is the only one powerful enough to take out Chrysalis after she absorbed all the love from *insert random pony colonizations here". Premiere leads up to season-wide arc of Flurry Heart's journey of self discovery and coming to terms with fulfilling her destiny and taking out the evil Queen.

Either that or... what I posted on Ponychan many months ago

sig-4832374.1479305309359.png

Haven't read all of it as I hate having to scroll horizontally, but I did catch that Chrysalis may be the villain, right? Well, I wouldn't like her being the villain of the premiere, she has to be the antagonist at this season finale, AT THE EARLIEST. Though, if the more recent comics are anything to go by (claiming to tie-in to S7) the theme is Equestria's history, but I don't see how the former queen succub... I mean, insect horses would fit there :huh:. If the case of Equestria's history is the focus, I think it'll be better, and far more effective to save Chrysy for later, as it wouldn't be the first time an event seasons past would bring bad consequences for later (right Tirek :dash:?). Though in Tirek's case, was a Cerebus Syndrome trope (things that happened earlier which where taken with a light tone, turns out to be worse later). With Chrysalis however, had more potential to it, as she swore revenge, and it that doesn't happen this season, we'll know that the threat is still looming, and we'll be in our back seats knowing it'll come, just not when. That'll be more effective if that 5 years time-skip happens  :please: