Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever wondered what happens after death?

zerox

(edited)

I have always wondered what happens to someone after death.

What do you think happens after death?

I'm an agnostic and I truly dunno what to think/believe. I do hope that heaven exist as I'm not happy with my current life.

Edited by zerox

If you've ever seen the film adaptation of What Dreams May Come .... that is what I wish.

As far as what the afterlife is, well I'm not entirely sure. As a Catholic, I know of the Biblical passages concerning heaven, and their many interpretations, but there is still an elusive and vague quality to the descriptions. 

There are aspects of the Christian view of heaven and death that have led to interpretions that I am not impressed with ... at all. 

• Brohoof 2

I personally don't think anything happens after death, since everything that makes up you also dies and decays. Of course, there is no way of proving that there is no afterlife and there isn't really a way to prove that there is one either. I only believe things that I have proof backing it up or it makes sense to me, but what happens after death doesn't really have any evidence of what happens, so my belief is that there is nothing.

I really hope heaven and hell exist. So we could live forever and also because hell will be the only chance for us to see real criminal to go to jail, let's face it, the real vilain in this world have so much power that they'll never have any problem with justice, so I hope hell exist so they can be punished for eternity.
And I'll enjoy to go to heaven, imagine if we'll be able to fly or have power ! That sounds great ^^
But I have really no idea plus I'm not into religion NOR atheism so... I don't know what to think at all.

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Jeric said:

If you've ever seen the film adaptation of What Dreams May Come .... that is what I wish.

As far as what the afterlife is, well I'm not entirely sure. As a Catholic, I know of the Biblical passages concerning heaven, and their many interpretations, but there is still an elusive and vague quality to the descriptions. 

There are aspects of the Christian view of heaven and death that have led to interpretions that I am not impressed with ... at all. 

stupid question but does the bible by any chance mention hell? never read it so that's why I'm asking.

9 minutes ago, zerox said:

stupid question but does the bible by any chance mention hell? never read it so that's why I'm asking.

Several passages in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Revelations refer to Hell. It is slightly more invocative and descriptive of specific features than what is said about Heaven. Still light on the details. Most of what people think of hell comes from painters, authors, and poets. 

• Brohoof 1

I am atheist so i am of the camp that there is nothing after death. Once you die everything that you were ceases to exist. There wont be light or darkness, a heaven or hell, or feel any sort of emotions. It will simply be nothing. What will live on is the things you did while you were alive. It will live on in the memories of the people your actions touched for better or worse. 

I don't see any reason to believe in life after death. The fact of the matter is that our consciousnesses only function because of chemical interaction in our brains. When the brain ceases to function, that is it.

I'd love to believe in reincarnation or something like that, but it isn't plausible.

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Envy said:

I don't see any reason to believe in life after death. The fact of the matter is that our consciousnesses only function because of chemical interaction in our brains. When the brain ceases to function, that is it.

I'd love to believe in reincarnation or something like that, but it isn't plausible.

Same it would be cool if reincarnation was a thing. It would be awesome to be able to choose what sort of reality we would be reincarnated in and what species but we can only dream. As for death i take comfort in the fact that one your brain shuts down that its done. You stop thinking, feeling, or doing any of the sort. In a way that is comforting all on its own when pondering death. 

While nobody can prove what happens after a person dies, I am of the opinion that nobody should expect anything.

I view our brains like I do computers. It is where our emotions, thoughts, and beliefs originate from. If you remove the brain from the equation, the human body is just a husk--a shell that has no life inside of it. When the brain stops working, I believe that's it. No more experiences.

While the idea of being in a place with your loved ones forever is nice, I don't think that such conditions exist. I believe that death is final, and this is the only one that we have.

This being my biggest fear bar none, I have thought about it a lot and worried. At this point I am convinced that most likely everything just goes dark, which sounds peaceful enough but for me it is still terrifying. Thinking of it simply makes me feel dread.

• Brohoof 3

I believe we go to Heaven, and that Heaven may be different for each of us according to what we love. I believe everyone starts in Heaven and returns there again after this life on earth; that this is just a temporary classroom. I completely believe everyone goes to Heaven that desires to, and that Hell is not a place where bad people are sent, but a state of mind resulting from the regretful things we carry with us after our time here in this world. We all have free will and would never be denied admittance to Heaven if we choose to seek it after our mortal time is up. 

• Brohoof 1

I believe in reincarnation.  Some spirits are very old and some are very young, when we die, our spirits take a journey across the stars but they always come back to experience the physical realm and gain more knowledge to better itself.  It kinda makes me wonder if any spirits travel to other planets to be reincarnated or do certain spirits just remain around one planet?  I doubt the spirit realm is anything like the physical.  I'm sure we're not alone in the universe so it must happen, right?

• Brohoof 2

I belive that there is almost certainly something after death, after all nothing is scientifically impossible, what exactly happens I belive is impossible to know, I suspect the most likely theroy however is spirits, I do believe in spirits yes, reincarnation is also quite possible, another theroy I have is that the uninverse is in a loop, my evidence for this is that we are almost certain the uninverse began with a huge explosion, and suspect it is shrinking inwards now, what if the uninverse collapses and exposes to start everything over again exactly the same, in which case once you die you start all over again with no memory of it, so tell me, how many times have you read this?

I believe there is existence after death as only the body dies but the energy that makes up the body doesn't in the core of that energy is what makes us who we are our emotions, thoughts and programs such as morality that were created to keep order all different types of energy that make up the soul I do believe in a heaven and hell but not as most people do heaven is a place where everything is orderly and desire doesn't exist no one wants or needs anything while hell is the opposite a place where desire and chaos rules and the only laws are that the strongest rule and none shall ever leave I don't think anyone can leave heaven either  then there is the spirit world where creatures of all types reside to feed on the energy of all things so it is dangerous there are other places but that's for another discussion 

14 hours ago, Little Flyer said:

I believe we go to heaven, but you haven't truly left yet. 

My dad passed away last year, and sometimes I see him in dreams.

my dad also passed away last year and I've also seen him in my dreams.

Actually, no I haven't wondered about life after death. I've been an atheist for most of my life, so I believe there is NO afterlife. All that I believe to happen is the decay of your body.

I've told some people that I believed in reincarnation, but it came out wrong. I never did believe in that, because I don't feel a need to conserve the consciousness, as I don't think that it has mass, nor do I think that it is a type of energy.

I sure did. 

I do not believe in god. In fact, I don't like religion. But I think there is a place where all spirits go to. And the nicest going to have to best lives.

I don't think we would just rot away after death. We have a soul and that doesn't rot away,  if we don't have a soul then what are we?