Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

i wish certain people would quit bad mouthing the movie

TwilightSparkleAndAJ

Hello i think people need to stop saying that this movie is gonna be a box office flop from what ive seen now with the sea ponies i dont think so i used to not have any expectations but now they have changed dramasticly so i hope everyone will realize that the movie in my optinion will be great it looks like i really love how they turned up the graphics quality

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

As much as I love this show and fandom as a whole, I'm more than willing to admit that MLP, while more widely accepted is still generally a niche , I don't really think it will be a flop or anything, but I don't really have expectations of it doing very well either.

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 4

I wish people would quit drawing conclusions about a movie that hasn't come out or even had a proper trailer released. Don't go into it with expectations that are too high, and don't go in with expectations that are so low you won't even bother seeing it.

• Brohoof 5

The thing that annoys me are that a few Bronies are saying they will pirate the movie instead of see it legally.

47 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Yeah, besides, sure it's gonna disappoint anyway. So why bother with that thing, eh? It isn't even worth it.

And don't get me started with that "oh, we are trying" animation. Because it just looks weird. Sad really.

Versus flash animation and its numerous errors? Is that what you really want on the BIG screen?

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, TheGOAT said:

The thing that annoys me are that a few Bronies are saying they will pirate the movie instead of see it legally.

Versus flash animation and its numerous errors? Is that what you really want on the BIG screen?

You mistook my meaning. I was being playful.

• Brohoof 1

There is a difference with badmouthing and keeping your expectations low, while everyone thinks that it will be the biggest animated movie of the year, with nothing to go on.

MLP is still a very niche franchise, as much as bronies don't like to admit it. I think the movie will be good enough for us, but i don't think that alot of casual movie goers will go and watch it. Especially the people in the none english speaking countries.

Just my opinion.

• Brohoof 3

22 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

There is a difference with badmouthing and keeping your expectations low, while everyone thinks that it will be the biggest animated movie of the year, with nothing to go on.

MLP is still a very niche franchise, as much as bronies don't like to admit it. I think the movie will be good enough for us, but i don't think that alot of casual movie goers will go and watch it. Especially the people in the none english speaking countries.

Just my opinion.

I think you're underestimating how profitable kids movies can be, regardless of quality.

43 minutes ago, TheGOAT said:

I think you're underestimating how profitable kids movies can be, regardless of quality.

I never said that kids movies are not profitable. All i am saying is that the My Little Pony franchise is not a mainstream product, like Disney.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

I never said that kids movies are not profitable. All i am saying is that the My Little Pony franchise is not a mainstream product, like Disney.

Disney isn't the only benchmark for success.

Like even unappealing shit like Sing, Trolls, and Boss Baby made $$$.

Edited by TheGOAT

7 minutes ago, TheGOAT said:

Exactly. Quality does not equate to financial success. It doesn't matter if the movie ends up being a 10/10 for me, that doesn't mean it's gonna make $$$ :o 

Sing, Trolls, Boss Baby, among many, many other subpar films all had one thing in common; high budget CGI presentation. The MLP:FiM movie will have a much more "regressive" visual component in the mainstream moviegoers' collective eyes. Personally, I'd take polished 2D visuals over flashy 3D-CG any day of the week, but I am not in the majority here. (And yes, I am aware that the MLP:FiM movie is CGI, but it maintains a very "2D" art style.)

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, TheGOAT said:

All of which, that where made by big movie studios that use all their money to promote movies (Dreamworks, Universal and Fox) Hasbro only released one teaser by now, while all these others have probably been promoted a year in advance.

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

All of which, that where made by big movie studios that use all their money to promote movies (Dreamworks, Universal and Fox) Hasbro only released one teaser by now, while all these others have probably been promoted a year in advance.

Boss Baby's first teaser was less than 5 months before the release. Also Hasbro is no slouch at marketing (Transformers somehow keeps making billions despite the vast amount of hate the films get).

I have no doubts that the movie will at least be decent and a good success, but the one aspect of the film that currently bothers me is the whole seaponies thing. i am hoping that doesn't take up too much time because it just seems sorta wedged in purely for toys. I hate it when it is so obvious. 

Like with most things MLP made by Hasbro, the Movie's primary target will be younger children!As such, it's likely that the content of the film is going to primarily focused towards that younger demographic. Although Hasbro has been usually quite good with balancing the content that makes the show enjoyable for all who watch it, I fear that the movies attempt at mass success (with Sia and the Seaponies), will mean it focuses so heavily on the younger demographic and potentially alienate older viewers.

Anyway! we can only judge & bash the film when it comes out :)

1 minute ago, Frozen The Unicorn said:

Like with most things MLP made by Hasbro, the Movie's primary target will be younger children!As such, it's likely that the content of the film is going to primarily focused towards that younger demographic. Although Hasbro has been usually quite good with balancing the content that makes the show enjoyable for all who watch it, I fear that the movies attempt at mass success (with Sia and the Seaponies), will mean it focuses so heavily on the younger demographic and potentially alienate older viewers.

Anyway! we can only judge & bash the film when it comes out :)

They put like several characters voiced by pretty adult actors in the movie.

they can say what they want. You have n right to prevent them from saying otherwise, op. If they want to be pessimists, let them be. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether its one that you like to hear or not.

24 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

they can say what they want. You have n right to prevent them from saying otherwise, op. If they want to be pessimists, let them be. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether its one that you like to hear or not.

When people make threats against Hasbro or say they will pirate the movie then it becomes a problem.

4 minutes ago, TheGOAT said:

When people make threats against Hasbro or say they will pirate the movie then it becomes a problem.

which is completely different from just badmouthing the movie, which didn't seem to be what the topic was about.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

As long as it's an enjoyable film, I'll declare it a hit.

This is my outlook towards it!

Of course I'm excited. But I'm not going to set myself up for disappointing by expecting something in terms of Pixar or Disney quality. But as long as it's a fun adventure and marginally more suspenseful than a classic two-parter, I'll consider it a success.

14 hours ago, TheGOAT said:

Boss Baby's first teaser was less than 5 months before the release. Also Hasbro is no slouch at marketing (Transformers somehow keeps making billions despite the vast amount of hate the films get).

Hasbro isn't distributing this. Lionsgate is. Also, Transformers has Paramount---a much bigger studio---backing the property.

And with the slouching crawl of promotion Lionsgate had for Power Rangers, there's no reason to suspect this round won't be any different.