Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Movies that Scared You as a Kid

GoldenGumdrop

• 3 weeks later...

That fricking dumb bug eyed creep at the end of Who Framed Roger Rabbit was the bane of my traumatising childhood. That thing can go step on a Lego. And I didn't like anything that involved ghosts as a kid either.

• Brohoof 1

The Super Mario Bros movie. I only watched the trailer but it was terrifying and it was supposed to be for kids. When I watched it I was really trying to find some video that these older girls I knew liked and I stumbled upon the trailer :0.

• Brohoof 1

The movie E.T. managed to get me into my first panic attack (though I think I had one a year earlier, not sure). That counts as scary. I try to not watch E.T. hoping to never relive that stuff.

• Brohoof 1

I will tell you this: the plane crash scene from the movie Cast Away absolutely terrified me of airplanes. To this day, I am horrified of getting onto a plane. I need to take a sedative before I get so my anxiety stays under control.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, vampireponyprince said:

The wizard of Oz terrified me as child it was so  freaky with the wicked witch

Swiggity swooty she coming for that PTSD booty

516FD032-4A6C-4AA0-BBD0-A94A147183B5.gif

• 3 months later...
(edited)
On 4/2/2020 at 4:50 PM, Splashee said:

The movie E.T. managed to get me into my first panic attack (though I think I had one a year earlier, not sure). That counts as scary. I try to not watch E.T. hoping to never relive that stuff.

Hold on, let me get my bifocales out... 🧐 

Another scary thing for me was the choking scene in Mrs. Doubtfire. I always had to go to another room until it was over.

Edited by ExplosionMare
Stupid me acted like a monocle was plural
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Weirdly enough, if I’m remembering right, it was the movie adaptation of James and the Giant Peach

I mean those bug characters were pretty creepy looking. 

• Brohoof 1

I remember watching Coraline when I was like 9 or 10 and it was a little hard to sleep that night.

I also watched Nightmare On Elm Street at night on IFC when I was 14 and was kind of scared to go to bed that night.

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...