Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is There a Celebrity That You'd Like to See In FiM?

TS Lightner

Are there any Celebrities that you'd like to do a voice in FiM, either voicing a unique character, or voicing a character based on themselves?

Personally, I'd like to see the writers find a character for Chef Gordon Ramsay to voice ^_^.  Man would that be funny to listen to!

1179491__safe_solo_meme_ponified_dialogu

(If this is the wrong place for this topic, I'm sorry.  I just figured that it qualifies as show discussion)

• Brohoof 3

Forget William Shatner, I want an episode where Discord interacts with characters voiced by Sir Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes. Reason is obvious.

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Forget William Shatner, I want an episode where Discord interacts with characters voiced by Sir Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes. Reason is obvious.

Little frontier town called Farpoint? :D

• Brohoof 2

32 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Highlight phrase aside, I agree wholeheartedly.

1 minute ago, A.V. said:

Highlight phrase aside, I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm actually really excited to see what William Shatner brings to the show. I'm just confused why people want to pair him with Discord. :confused: Bill was OG Star Trek and John was Next Generation.

2 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

I'm actually really excited to see what William Shatner brings to the show. I'm just confused why people want to pair him with Discord. :confused: Bill was OG Star Trek and John was Next Generation.

I am sure Discord could do a suitable Trelane imitation :D

Just hoping WS doesn't try to sing....

11 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Tim Curry as a male Siren, perhaps?

Would be legit Grogar voice. 

• Brohoof 1

He is not necessarily very famous, but i would love it if they get Jim Cummings to voice a guest character in one of the episodes, because he is one of my favorite VAs and has 1000 voices.

• Brohoof 4

4 minutes ago, Superplay64 said:

SStB?

Mark Hamil would be interesting though. :fiery:

Starswirl the Bearded. 

22 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Yeah. It would be a better nod if it was a TNG or Voyager actor ... Stewart, Frakes, Dorn, and Sirtis all did or do VA work. Stewart would be hilarious. I don't know if the Voyager actor did any VA work. 

1 minute ago, Superplay64 said:

OH! Like what DRWolf was saying in one of his recent videos.

Yeah. He has been pushing that theory a while now. Since before season 5, adapting it as new characters have come along. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Because there's still more room for Star Trek actors, give us George Takei

Also Mick Foley and Peter Cullen plz

Edited by The Undefeated of the East
  • Brohoof 2

Well 2/4 of my favorite voice actors have been in FiM, Tara Strong as Twilight and Patton Oswalt as Quibble Pants.

As for who I'd wanna see, I would love to see Rob Paulsen, and Paul Eiding somewhere in the series, especially Rob that guy's voice is amazing.

Another celebrity I wanna see, R. Lee Ermey. Maybe as Shining Armor's teacher in guard training or even his predecessor as captain. Nobody whips you into shape better than The Gunny.

(edited)

Along with Patrick Stewart and William Shatner, I would love to see George Takei. He makes for very interesting narrations and his declarations are SU-PERB. Gilbert Gottfried would also make for a very entertaining character. His voice alone is a living breathing punchline. 

I would have also loved to seen Adam West on, but he sadly ascended recently to a higher plane. 

Quite superb,

Edited by Cwanky

(edited)

To echo some above, Patrick Stewart and Takei would be great. But one I think would also be great is LaVar Burton as some kind of blind storyteller and reading teacher to schoolfillies, referencing both the TV show he hosted (Reading Rainbow) and Geordi La Forge (the blind character he played).

But another who might work would be Jodi Benson, who voice Ariel in TLM and Barbie in Toy Story 3.

1 hour ago, Cwanky said:

Gilbert Gottfried would also make for a very entertaining character. His voice alone is a living breathing punchline. 

Imagine someone having a pet parrot, and Gottfried's Iago voice reflects the same way Gummy did in SoL.

Or an episode with him doing both his Iago voice and real voice. I'm sure that'd catch a lotta people by surprise. :D

3 hours ago, A.V. said:

Tim Curry as a male Siren, perhaps?

He'd be great, too, but considering he suffered a serious stroke five years ago and is now wheelchair-bound, I'm not sure if he'll be able to do that.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1