Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Old/Forgotten Game Series you'd like to see make a comeback.

CastletonSnob

Game franchises/Series I want revived:

C&C: Generals

Dungeon Keeper series

Dune 2000

Urban Assault

Demigod

Earth 21xx series

Black & White

Emperor - Battle For Dune

Freelancer

KKND 2: Krossfire

Metal Fatigue

M.A.X.

Ragnarok Online

I'd love a new Tatics Ogre game, TKoL kept me occupied throughout majority of my freshman year in high school and was my first taste at battle tactics type games. Also would like to see Burnout make a comeback, playing Burnout 2 for hours is how I developed a lot of my racing skills for gaming.

• 5 years later...

ooooh where to start

Both Megaman X, ZX, and especially Legends - I would love to see come back(I'm happy X and ZX got collections, so hopefully Legends will come soon at the very least)
Powerstone - At least rerelease the first two games, it's weird the only rerelease has been on the PSP
F-Zero - Even the director of GX wants to come back for a new game
Golden Sun - Especially with the 3rd game ending on a cliffhanger
Starfox - Though if you're just going to remake Starfox 64(a game that is itself already a remake) for a 3rd time, then don't even bother
Castlevania - Especially with the success of the show, it would be disappointing if Konami didn't capitalize
Metal Gear - Again, I'll be fine with just rereleases, given the first thing Konami made after Kojima's departure was Survive, I wouldn't put much faith in them, but if they still have some of the people responsible for things like Portable Ops, Ghost Babel, or even AC!D, I think people would be willing to give them a chance. If nothing else, at least make Rising 2

Edited by Megas

I don't really have any, the ones I liked did return: Age of Wonders, Fantasy General, Baldur's Gate...

Master of Magic returned too, but only as a remake. I'd really like to see a new game in the series.

sega is sitting on so many dormant series, pls just give me more space channel 5, jet set radio, and nights : [

• 3 weeks later...

Actually not many people are likely to recognize it, considering at the time of release, it used DirectX 3 ... but it was called Interstate 76 ... with a slightly later successor of Interstate 82.

Observe (from my elder youtube I can't access) 

On 2023-04-29 at 6:32 PM, Megas said:

Metal Gear - Again, I'll be fine with just rereleases, given the first thing Konami made after Kojima's departure was Survive, I wouldn't put much faith in them, but if they still have some of the people responsible for things like Portable Ops, Ghost Babel, or even AC!D, I think people would be willing to give them a chance. If nothing else, at least make Rising 2

Niche Gamer on Twitter: "Anon got cucked by big boss :(  https://t.co/rU69ORplH6" / Twitter

Colony Wars Sony Playstation

One of the best original space combat sims. 360 degrees of combat. Variety of ships. Super deep lore. A voice over by James Earl Jones. And branching storylines where your success and failures mattered. This was a cutting edge game in the PS1 era. Even had two sequels. And not a single person remembers it.