Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where has Owlowiscious been for the past two seasons?

Valeska

owlowiscious_by_orangejp-d8vazyt.thumb.png.a94eb991c1302d685955fd0dd70a1728.png

Where has Owlowscious been for the past two seasons? We did see a cameo of him in Season 7 Premiere as a picture on Twilight's mirror, however, it didn't give us much insight into what he is up to. Why do you think we haven't seen Owlowscious for over two seasons? Will we see him soon?

My thinking is he mainly helps Twilight in her nighttime excursions, mainly due to owls being nocturnal. Maybe the writers are trying to be more realistic when Owlowscious is out and about. The show hasn't had very many night episodes for a while, so that might be the real cause for Owlowscious' absence. 

• Brohoof 6

I've seen many opportunities for him to appear! In season 6, he could've appeared in Hearth's Warming Tale and Every Little Thing She Does easily! 

Maybe it's because fans don't like him that much which is why they don't use him anymore.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Valeska said:

owlowiscious_by_orangejp-d8vazyt.thumb.png.a94eb991c1302d685955fd0dd70a1728.png

Where has Owlowscious been for the past two seasons? We did see a cameo of him in Season 7 Premiere as a picture on Twilight's mirror, however, it didn't give us much insight into what he is up to. Why do you think we haven't seen Owlowscious for over two seasons? Will we see him soon?

My thinking is he mainly helps Twilight in her nighttime excursions, mainly due to owls being nocturnal. Maybe the writers are trying to be more realistic when Owlowscious is out and about. The show hasn't had very many night episodes for a while, so that might be the real cause for Owlowscious' absence. 

Who?

• Brohoof 10

11 hours ago, Hierok said:

I think the writers forgot about him, or it's because the owl steals screentime from Spike.

Heh, maybe. I find it hard to believe that writers can forget a character. I mean his picture did show up on Twilight's mirror. He hasn't been completely forgotten, I hope. 

6 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

My guess, he migrated

Do owls migrate? 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Valeska said:

Heh, maybe. I find it hard to believe that writers can forget a character. I mean his picture did show up on Twilight's mirror. He hasn't been completely forgotten, I hope. 

I hope the same, but I find it weird that we haven't seen him for more then 2 seasons, so I really think he is forgotten.

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

Come, come... I am sure he will appear eventually again. :D

I mean, it really isn't that big of a deal. But still, the bird deserves better.

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

Not much potential for plot with him, methinks. Really weird that he hasn't made at least minor appearances though, that is harsh! Even having him randomly in the background in the castle would be enough for me.

Just show him sleeping on a perch or something.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Valeska said:

Do owls migrate? 

No. At least not what one usually thinks of as traditional avian migration. They will move short distances if there is an interruption in a food source, or very sudden change in climate or environment (think forest fire or blizzard). This is called irruption. Snowy Owls do this often. It's basically similar to other non-migratory species that go where the food is and will leave a habitat if it prove inhospitable or has poor hunting. 

• Brohoof 3

14 hours ago, Hierok said:

I think the writers forgot about him, or it's because the owl steals screentime from Spike.

I think you may be right. He literally has no reason to appear... although just seeing him hanging out in the background would be nice. I mean, how often do we see the other pets anyway?

• Brohoof 3

On 9/9/2017 at 4:01 PM, Meeps said:

I think you may be right. He literally has no reason to appear... although just seeing him hanging out in the background would be nice. I mean, how often do we see the other pets anyway?

The pets I've seen the most of recently have been Angel and Gummy. The others have appeared at least once this season except for...Owlowiscious. Hasbro, you've really messed up!

• Brohoof 1

I've mostly forgotten about Owlowiscious. I'm only reminded of him when I see him in an older episode or he pops up in a fanfic. He doesn't even show up in the background anymore. When was the last time he had any screen time whatsoever?

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Valeska said:

The pets I've seen the most of recently have been Angel and Gummy. The others have appeared at least once this season except for...Owlowiscious. Hasbro, you've really messed up!

I don't think he has been ignored quite as badly as Winona. Tank and Owlowiscious got an episode where they were the main focus, and Opal, Gummy and Angel often make somewhat notable (though short) appearances, but I can't think of any for her since season 1. When she appears, it's almost always with the other pets; even the Applejack-focused episodes rarely show her.

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

I don't think he has been ignored quite as badly as Winona. Tank and Owlowiscious got an episode where they were the main focus, and Opal, Gummy and Angel often make somewhat notable (though short) appearances, but I can't think of any for her since season 1. When she appears, it's almost always with the other pets; even the Applejack-focused episodes rarely show her.

The last time I remember seeing Winona was in Season 6 Episode 22 "Pony Point of View". I do think that she hasn't been a major focused pet but we still see her on occasion.

18 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I've mostly forgotten about Owlowiscious. I'm only reminded of him when I see him in an older episode or he pops up in a fanfic. He doesn't even show up in the background anymore. When was the last time he had any screen time whatsoever?

The last time I saw Owlowiscious was in Season 5 Episode 13 "Do Princesses Dream of Sheep?" He was being groomed by Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

Gone hopefully, he was always too much of a goody two shoes accompanied with a really lame joke, not to mention he’s easily the least interesting of the pets, Winona included, which is really saying something.

Fuck, EQG replaced him with fucking Spike as Twilight’s pet, which by all accounts should not have been able to work as well as it did