Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First 4 Equestria Girls Series Shorts are up

SaburoDaimando

These weren't leaked as they do appear on the Discovery Go website but perhaps they didn't get the memo that stated that they had to wait until the middle of the month before being allowed to air these shorts. It seems even Equestria Girls cannot escape the bane that is MLP content being released ahead of schedule. I've watched all four of these shorts and my personal favourite happens to be "A Fine Line" though not because of Sunset--she's just a bonus. My reason for liking this one is because it hit very close to home for me in that I've had to endure not getting a copy of a new game due to the store running out of copies--I didn't have to stand in line.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Fixed the post.
  • Brohoof 3

9 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

A Fine Line, near the end when Fluttershy says "The Revenge?"

Oh yeah.😮

7 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

These weren't leaked as they do appear on the Discovery Go website but perhaps they didn't get the memo that stated that they had to wait until the middle of the month before being allowed to air these shorts. It seems even Equestria Girls cannot escape the bane that is MLP content being released ahead of schedule. I've watched all four of these shorts and my personal favourite happens to be "A Fine Line" though not because of Sunset--she's just a bonus. My reason for liking this one is because it hit very close to home for me in that I've had to endure not getting a copy of a new game due to the store running out of copies--I didn't have to stand in line.

I'm pretty sure these are just shorts just to hold us over til 11/17

I've only seen Queen Of Clubs and I love the reference to O&O. Now I want another guys' night episode in season 8 with Big Mac as the DM instead of Spike or Discord.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

Well maybe its something else but there are four 22 minute equestria girls episodes om Netflix. I just watched one.

The earlier specials (Dance Magic, Movie Magic and Mirror Magic) are apparently on Netflix under the title "Equestria Girls: Tales of Canterlot High". But I'm not sure if that's what you mean (there isn't a fourth one). And the new shorts were said to be shorter than 22 minutes. What are the titles of the episodes you found?

• Brohoof 3

20 hours ago, Cahead2015 said:

I'm pretty sure these are just shorts just to hold us over til 11/17

I think they are a part of the actual series given they have since been removed from Discovery Go according to what I've been hearing. Unfortunately, this doesn't mean a thing seeing as Dailymotion now has them so consider this to be another blunder that Hasbro has to fix to salvage their reputation when it comes to leaks.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I think they are a part of the actual series given they have since been removed from Discovery Go according to what I've been hearing. Unfortunately, this doesn't mean a thing seeing as Dailymotion now has them so consider this to be another blunder that Hasbro has to fix to salvage their reputation when it comes to leaks.

They're still on the Discovery Family app, at least for me.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

They're still on the Discovery Family app, at least for me.

One has to wonder for how long given that Hasbro could very well be furious beyond all reasoning.

Just now, Ganondorf8 said:

One has to wonder for how long given that Hasbro could very well be furious beyond all reasoning.

it's possible it was intentional. I mean, Hasbro must have given DF the masters for them to be put up there in the first place, and there would be zero reason for them to be put up on said app after they were uploaded on YT because no one would have any reason to watch it on there.

4 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

it's possible it was intentional. I mean, Hasbro must have given DF the masters for them to be put up there in the first place, and there would be zero reason for them to be put up on said app after they were uploaded on YT because no one would have any reason to watch it on there.

Like any big business company, schedules are to be followed or else the impact won't be as strong as expected. Granted, none of us know what goes on in Hasbro's corporate sector--their higher-ups--so I'm guessing at this point. If Hasbro is annoyed with what happened here, I suspect someone is going to get blamed for it.

1 minute ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Like any big business company, schedules are to be followed or else the impact won't be as strong as expected. Granted, none of us know what goes on in Hasbro's corporate sector--their higher-ups--so I'm guessing at this point. If Hasbro is annoyed with what happened here, I suspect someone is going to get blamed for it.

Hopefully not the writers.

4 minutes ago, Cahead2015 said:

Hopefully not the writers.

The writers won't get blamed for this. No, I think it might be either a disgruntled employee or a hacker that could have leaked these shorts.

Eh. So-so. Not going to say it was terrible, but it wasn't good either.

Now, don't get me wrong, there's a few really cute parts, like AJ with a fence, or some of the images in the club one, and the girl in the pinkie one, but it just didn't grab me. The fine line one, while having a nice theme, was just utterly boring (though I'd love to see a follow up where the six get zapped into the game or something and have to play as their MMO classes).

I know its just 2 minute shorts, but that's the PROBLEM. There's not enough time for any real substance here, so it feels like flash without anything behind it. I just don't think the tiny shorts are a good medium, and I hope there's more legitimate episodes (that have actual plots and last for more than a blink) in the future.

Do like AJ and RD's redesigns though.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I guess the four weren't enough for them, as they just put up three more.

Overpowered, Star Crossed, and the Finals Countdown.

Two things I'm curious about before watching them:

1. Is there going to be any hype left by the time this does premiere on YouTube?

2. K. Hadley said the shorts will be of 'varying lengths', and yet all the ones we've seen so far are 2 1/2 - 3 minutes. When will it start to vary?

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

Well, I guess the four weren't enough for them, as they just put up three more.

Overpowered, Star Crossed, and the Finals Countdown.

Two things I'm curious about before watching them:

1. Is there going to be any hype left by the time this does premiere on YouTube?

2. K. Hadley said the shorts will be of 'varying lengths', and yet all the ones we've seen so far are 2 1/2 - 3 minutes. When will it start to vary?

Are you serious right now?!

13 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Eh. So-so. Not going to say it was terrible, but it wasn't good either.

Now, don't get me wrong, there's a few really cute parts, like AJ with a fence, or some of the images in the club one, and the girl in the pinkie one, but it just didn't grab me. The fine line one, while having a nice theme, was just utterly boring (though I'd love to see a follow up where the six get zapped into the game or something and have to play as their MMO classes).

I know its just 2 minute shorts, but that's the PROBLEM. There's not enough time for any real substance here, so it feels like flash without anything behind it. I just don't think the tiny shorts are a good medium, and I hope there's more legitimate episodes (that have actual plots and last for more than a blink) in the future.

Do like AJ and RD's redesigns though.

I wonder what princess twilight's redesign gonna be, if she ever to the human dimension