Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Wild Wacky Multiverse Adventure OOC

Skylord Nexus

18 minutes ago, Arid_Blitz said:

wait wait does the cape have sentient? Like can it move via itself or will Techno have to See the threat and move it?

17 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

For balance purposes, it is best if you let things hit you sometimes. Not letting things hit you would be unadvised and considered being too op. 

Well I was thinking that the cape would move itself and tell Techno about threats through his mind but still if there's like two attacks coming his way one of them might still hit him. It's just I'm talking into consideration that one powerful attack that hits Techno might almost get him killed! So I'm really trying to keep things balanced myself! :) 

1 minute ago, Techno Universal said:

Well I was thinking that the cape would move itself and tell Techno about threats through his mind but still if there's like two attacks coming his way one of them might still hit him. It's just I'm talking into consideration that one powerful attack that hits Techno might almost get him killed! So I'm really trying to keep things balanced myself! :) 

You're only gonna get into a dangerous situation like that if you fight one of our characters. You don't HAVE to fight one of our characters. As for the cape being sentient I'd advise against that. It's too strong to move on its own. You'd have to maneuver it and control it on your own as the normal character. You should be fine as long as you aren't trying to fight one of our faster characters. 

Just now, Buck Testa said:

You're only gonna get into a dangerous situation like that if you fight one of our characters. You don't HAVE to fight one of our characters. As for the cape being sentient I'd advise against that. It's too strong to move on its own. You'd have to maneuver it and control it on your own as the normal character. You should be fine as long as you aren't trying to fight one of our faster characters. 

Yeah I'll just have Techno move his cape with his mind then! Anyways Techno is quite fast himself to so he can still be very hard to deal with if your battling him! Plus during battle maybe his brain processing speed would increase so basically to him time would be slowed down a bit! :)

Just now, Techno Universal said:

Yeah I'll just have Techno move his cape with his mind then! Anyways Techno is quite fast himself to so he can still be very hard to deal with if your battling him! Plus during battle maybe his brain processing speed would increase so basically to him time would be slowed down a bit! :)

I'd also advise against doing it with your mind. Keep the movements with your body for balance purposes. You want the power JUST with the cape here. The goal is to keep your power within reasonable levels, not let you be too overpowered. You can trigger the lasers with your mind, I'd be down for that, but definitely keep the cape movement to you moving it physically. 

1 minute ago, Buck Testa said:

I'd also advise against doing it with your mind. Keep the movements with your body for balance purposes. You want the power JUST with the cape here. The goal is to keep your power within reasonable levels, not let you be too overpowered. You can trigger the lasers with your mind, I'd be down for that, but definitely keep the cape movement to you moving it physically. 

Yeah I guess I'll go with him moving his cape like that then! Plus the mental speed mechanic would probably be something to equalise him with the enemies! :)

Just now, Techno Universal said:

Yeah I guess I'll go with him moving his cape like that then! Plus the mental speed mechanic would probably be something to equalise him with the enemies! :)

Again, steer away from things that make you too fast to react. You're plenty strong and capable with the powers you do have. Think of your cape like something you whip around and use to wrap around opponents and fling them away, or flaring your cape out to spread fire with a spread your arms, things like that. 

You're not going to be a speedster here. 

1 minute ago, Skylord Nexus said:

You know guys the enthusiasm you guys are showing for this really warms my heart, at the same time I feel kind of bad you guys are doing this, it should have been my job, if you want me to take over any time, just say

I like doing this kind of stuff, but it would definitely add some authority if the gm hardlines the restrictions on Techno's powers here. We want to make sure there is no excuse to be too op for him, cause he unfortunately has a bad case of doing that. Nothing against ya Techno, but it's for the best if we make sure your power has as clearly defined limits as possible here.  

1 minute ago, Buck Testa said:

Again, steer away from things that make you too fast to react. You're plenty strong and capable with the powers you do have. Think of your cape like something you whip around and use to wrap around opponents and fling them away, or flaring your cape out to spread fire with a spread your arms, things like that. 

You're not going to be a speedster here. 

I like doing this kind of stuff, but it would definitely add some authority if the gm hardlines the restrictions on Techno's powers here. We want to make sure there is no excuse to be too op for him, cause he unfortunately has a bad case of doing that. Nothing against ya Techno, but it's for the best if we make sure your power has as clearly defined limits as possible here.  

Yeah I'll just drop the mental speed! Anyways his cape is already made out of a very soft and warm fabric so it can be like a blanket to him outside of battle! :)

11 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

randomly spawn massive capes on other players but that's something that I'm sort of yes or no on. :)  

Definitely no. Sorry I will not allow you to purposefully tie players up like that. Like say they're doing something and their vision is covered by cape, that's going to be a distraction regardless of how physically strong people are.

So just try it, they'll be vaporized faster than you can say 'cape' by the time it's my turn to post 

11 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

Supes can wear a cape because he is goddamn Superman. You aren't doing anything to that cape that is going to affect him any lol. Also I'm pretty sure it's kryptonian fabric or some crap like that. 

Plus it's also not 20 feet long like this guy has, which he's so blind to it hampering him in most RPs. 

In many continuities, Super's mom actually made his first costume, but then others make him better ones and then DC starts to explain his clothes not getting ripped by saying his invulnerability goes out a bit from the skin. If his clothes aren't protected Super would be naked a lot, but they do get ripped when he takes a bit too much damage 

Edit: Just checked Google. 5 meter cape is 16 feet, 4.85 inches.

It would be in a huge pile next to Techno when he landed and he could tie up everyone around the room just by walking around if he's not using any of his cape powers

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Back with the Ether list and Skill list.

Ep 1: https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/519264-xenosaga-episode-i-der-wille-zur-macht/faqs/16434

Ignore irrelevant characters and only look at Ether. In this game you could transfer Ether from one character to another as long as it is not unique to them and you had enough to do so, so basically every character could learn all Ether

Ep 2: https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/917917-xenosaga-episode-ii-jenseits-von-gut-und-bose/faqs/31093

Ignore things that give passive RPG bonus stats, and in this game nobody had unique Ether or trees, and everything was in a tree. Everyone could learn everything if there were enough points earned

Ep 3: https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/929933-xenosaga-episode-iii-also-sprach-zarathustra/faqs/44798

Battle system changed heavily.

Death blows with button combinations are removed. Death Blow Skills and Ethers are in a menu in this game, and everyone can learn all Ether late into the game using skill points if the player has found the Ex Unlock Item for that level.

Everything marked with an E is an Ether. Many of the ones from previous games make a return. Some of the Attacks might be usable here, or will be used like XBuster

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

Should someone try to stop that or are the rest going to stay and do nothing in that tiny room? Arid just shook it which basically means the shock is felt by everyone, and if Star does a big spell were all probably going to feel it and be covered in bees or something. I for one know what she's capable of, having just finished the binge episodes On Demand.

Star just isn't someone who tries to avoid collateral damage

Edited by Lektra Bolt

10 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Should someone try to stop that or are the rest going to stay and do nothing in that tiny room? Arid just shook it which basically means the shock is felt by everyone, and if Star does a big spell were all probably going to feel it and be covered in bees or something. I for one know what she's capable of, having just finished the binge episodes On Demand

This is not happening in a vacuum of course. If you have a post available (which you do) and want your characters to save what they would see as a little blond girl in a nightgown and socks picking a fight with a Cat monster, then you are perfectly welcome to do so. Starfire or KOS-MOS could make short work of Rouen what with the state he's in. He did yell that he wanted to kill everyone so Starfire definitely would have her superhero instincts kick in at the very least. 

Edited by Buck Testa

That is what I was thinking, but KOS-MOS can read power levels by scanning. It's kinda a passive robot thing. Would be stupid to not notice the wand power and that she's not all that helpless.

I was just wondering if someone should diffuse the situation or let it happen and end up with collateral damage 

3 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

That is what I was thinking, but KOS-MOS can read power levels by scanning. It's kinda a passive robot thing. Would be stupid to not notice the wand power and that she's not all that helpless.

I was just wondering if someone should diffuse the situation or let it happen and end up with collateral damage 

Which cements the idea that Starfire would be the more likely to jump and finish it. Rouen is set to pass out pretty soon anyway, so you'd just be helping that along. 

I know what I'm doing IF there is no intervention, but you're welcome to do it anyway. 

Edited by Buck Testa

Yea I was going to have Starfire come in cause she likes saving people. That's not the question.

I am just wondering if you want it to cascade around the room or be diffused. We don't exactly have a place to have a fight right now, but it's yours and arids characters.

What's the intention? Get everyone caught up or no? 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yea I was going to have Starfire come in cause she likes saving people. That's not the question.

I am just wondering if you want it to cascade around the room or be diffused. We don't exactly have a place to have a fight right now, but it's yours and arids characters

Starfire deftly knocking out someone acting crazy and yelling that he is trying to kill people would diffuse the situation all on its own. Especially depending on how epic you make it look. 

I could also see Starfire scolding Star for getting in danger like that lol 

She is not the kind to deck people like that without knowing what's actually going on. I was actually thinking she flys in saves Star, and smacks him but not actually hurts him, so he could sleep off the effects of the poison.

Alternatively, Shion can use KOS-MOS' pod to create an Encephalon and place helmets on you two, which would put you in a VR environment and let you duke it out without involving anyone else.

The question I'm trying to ask is do you want this to happen and basically start a cascade of 'wtf just happened' that Star used a large Area Effect spell, or is diffusing actually ok? I don't want to break up anyone's plans

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Just now, Lektra Bolt said:

The question I'm trying to ask is do you want this to happen and basically start a cascade of wtf just happened that Star used a large Area Effect spell, or is diffusing actually ok? I don't want to break up anyone's plans

Star hasn't used a spell yet. 

You're fine. This is a group rp after all. Star in character maybe a bit miffed (and impressed) about the rescue, but I'll be fine lol. 

• Brohoof 1

I mean she could, and it would start a cascade.

Ok I'll get working on that then :)

I don't auto hit though when attacks or kinda attacks are concerned, so it's actually up to Arid on how hard it feels

Edited by Lektra Bolt