Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"its just my worldview, that no one's bad"

Unlikeable Pony

15 minutes ago, Ninetales said:

Exactly. I mean, mlp can no where reach the realistic approach real life has. In equestria (or mlp) bad things happen every now and then, and are usually rare.

however, in real life, bad things happen on a daily basis. Of course, comparing a show to real life is going to wield some unfair results. But like i said, mlp is a show about ponies with magic, and fantasy. Realism would just not fit with that theme.

Oh I see more clearly your meaning here. Indeed it is entertainment, and we are fortunate to have a show that is entertaining and educational. And I think we all expect that out of good entertainment (ie, illustrates the human condition, life lessons, etc).

3 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Oh I see more clearly your meaning here. Indeed it is entertainment, and we are fortunate to have a show that is entertaining and educational. And I think we all expect that out of good entertainment (ie, illustrates the human condition, life lessons, etc).

And plus, mlp is my escapism. I dont want it to be realistic, i already know the world sucks and people cant be redeemable in the drop of a hat, but i dont want that garbage ruining it.

1 hour ago, Ninetales said:

And plus, mlp is my escapism. I dont want it to be realistic, i already know the world sucks and people cant be redeemable in the drop of a hat, but i dont want that garbage ruining it.

Like moralizing and social justice? I'm with you - keep it out.

This is what I like, Twilight says 'no one likes sarcasm, Spike' and she not a minute later makes a sarcastic remark. MLP is very good at making fun of itself. :D

5 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Like moralizing and social justice? I'm with you - keep it out.

This is what I like, Twilight says 'no one likes sarcasm, Spike' and she not a minute later makes a sarcastic remark. MLP is very good at making fun of itself. :D

Yeah, keep politics and all those bad things out of mlp.

• Brohoof 1

Changeling, Sirens, and Tirek they all have one thing in common. They are magical predators and ponies/equestrian magic is their main food source.

Before reforming Chrysalis we still need some back story on the changelings themselves.

The show itself never established the changelings as an unnatural abomination nor did they establish a purpose of them existing in natural environment. If they served some natural purpose it would have to be a counterbalance to keep magical species populations in check. If ponies are removing them from the picture one by one, it could have grave implications on the environment.

Edited by Singe

On 11/21/2017 at 1:25 AM, ShadOBabe said:

Got to immediately disagree with this. Being “uneducated” doesn’t make a person irredeemable. You don’t need education to be a good human being.

Also I find I lot of people that use the term “uneducated” as a dig at someone’s moral character are actually saying that “if you don’t think the way I think you’re obviously just uneducated.” Regardless of that person’s actual level of education. Which is gross.

You quite possibly didn’t mean to imply that at all, but yeah, there are people that tacky.

Most vile people lack education, and they are easy to tempt to go that path. Ignorant can be cured by knowledge and wisdom, but stupid people just outright refuse a better path even if it presents itself within arms reach. I speak by experience