Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Disney buys Hasbro.

CastletonSnob

There's already like 5 topics that asked the same thing. I suggest checking those out first.

Seriously just type in "mlpforums.com disney buying hasbro" in google and you'll find several similar topics.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
google search key phrase
  • Brohoof 2

I don't think an acquisition like this would happen.  I am pretty sure that antitrust laws would get in the way if Disney attempted to buy out Hasbro, given how much of a media monopoly it is becoming/has become.

• Brohoof 2

If Disney ever bought out Hasbro, I think we would see a lot of cross-overs with the show, considering how often Disney crosses it's own brands and shows into each other. Now I'm not saying this is a bad thing necessarily, but it would depend on what things get crossed-over with MLP that would either make or break the show for me. 

I would also hope that they would put MLP on Disney channel mostly because I don't get Discovery Family on my cable, but I do get Disney channel. It would make it easier for me at least to watch new episodes right when they come out and not have to wait several hours or even days to wait for them to come out online.   

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

By which you mean "not as much"? Or what?

Not much. Those properties make money. Disney wants that money. So Disney is gonna buy them as is, so they can get that money too. 

Changing an already successful formula is too much of a financial risk. 

• Brohoof 1

@WiiGuy2014

If Disney ever bought Hasbro, I'd like to see a reboot of one of my favorite Disney shows "Disney's House of Mouse".

only this time it would include things like MLP & Transformers interacting with Mickey Mouse & his friends.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

Well the number one thing is that Disney will be cutting out the middleman as the the manufacturer of their Star Wars and Marvel action figures. I have said this may times that it would be the smart move to make, Do I want to see it no, but you cant argue with the logic of it.

Edited by nr2038

On 12/15/2017 at 8:05 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Hasbro would change about as much as Marvel and Star Wars did.

Disney erased decades of established Star Wars canon so they could write a shitty remake of A New Hope. So I would hope for something better than that. 

• Brohoof 3

• 4 months later...

If Disney bought Hasbro you'd see what we've already seen with Marvel and Lucasfilm; a lot more product, churned out and made generic by their board-run machine, with very few risks, artistic integrity or soul. But it would still somehow make a bundle. 

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Two words: HELL. NO!

They'll ruin the franchise and they'll delete every fandom related thing, including this website, Equestria Daily, Fimfictions, and many others!

• Brohoof 2

If Disney bought hasbro we would of only gotten like 4 seasons since Disney has a 4 season rule. Plus they’d ruined the stories and the characters.