spoiler Rumored G5 and other Stuff.

CastletonSnob

17 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Not me for any of the above whatsoever.

Probably not. The only two main characters I'm concerned about nowadays are Pinkie and Fluttershy. I'm hoping for a lot of episodes for both of them (at least one together) before the show ends.

I know this, you tell me nonstop, bro! :P

Spoiler

Im Just gonna brag a bit as a Rarity fan, that at least in these early concepts they apparently have so much faith in her, or well the crew likes her so much that even design wise she is essentially totally unchanged.

RARITY IS THE BEST PONY EVER 

Since G5 will most likely be animated with Toon Boom Harmony, it could mean one of two things. First, like G4 and its movie, it could be animated using puppets. Second, it could be completely be hand drawn, frame by frame, traditional style. Harmony is fully capable of both techniques. I think it'd be real cool if they went for the latter, making the characters even more fluid and expressive than in G4.

Edited by vgmaster9

1 hour ago, A.V. said:

Personally, I'm clinging to the hope that this whole "S9 = the end" thing is merely one of those subject-to-change predictions instead of a done deal.

That's sort of the impression I get.

1 minute ago, heavens-champion said:

If there is gonna be a next generation... all I can say, is that FIM was fun while it lasted. Wonder if this forum will still exist and be renamed Generation 5 Discussion, and if fimfiction will still exist.

Well, if many of us stick around, I don't see why this forum will close. And frankly, fimfiction may still stick around as well

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

21 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, if many of us stick around, I don't see why this forum will close. And frankly, fimfiction may still stick around as well

Spoiler

If there really is a good vs. evil plot in Generation five, I might watch it. Those plots have been pretty rare in Generation 4.

However, once the show's out, Twilight as an earth pony is going to take some getting used to.

Edited by heavens-champion

Spoiler

So they're going to brainwash us into abandoning the things that make us special and maybe kill Applejack?!?!Fluttershy_crying_S4E26e.png.2df36466a1a2a981abba198969b83cbf.png

But we'll get makeovers Darling!!! MAKEOVERS!!!!crazy_eyed_rarity_by_theshadowstone-d7fq38ne.png.d116d5e4ae6f492c15735a2d76997b5e.png

qe.png.bd7a5317ecb6c48f4bfa859863862eaa.png   ...

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 3

post-24370-0-50818200-1417635705.jpg

Rainbow Rocks... at least how it could've looked... in a stranger, more interesting dimension :lol:

For those who are wondering, Twilight is chewing bubble gum.

Original Artwork: http://inkypsycho.deviantart.com/art/Do-Ya-Thing-by-Gorillaz-Ponified-487082864

6 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

No, the leaks for S8&9 are massive, and the G5 leaks are so early in the planning stages they’re pretty much useless. 

Sounds like they'll be a pain to try and get through.

rainbowfalls_sig.png.9f23ec82e216af1315704914cd3052b1.png

3 hours ago, A.V. said:

I also hope that the rumor about...

Hide contents

...Sombra...

...returning in S9 isn't true.

Not because I don't like him (the opposite, in fact), but because that would mean overriding his arc in the comics (again, one of my favorites).

Absolutely hated that comic arc because don't reform ultra evil guys. I want to see him get a good showing in the show.

1 hour ago, heavens-champion said:

If there is gonna be a next generation... all I can say, is that FIM was fun while it lasted. Wonder if this forum will still exist and be renamed Generation 5 Discussion, and if fimfiction will still exist.

They are not just going to ignore everything that made G4 popular. G5 will be hyped up by lots of bronies despite our sadness.

sig-4657732.sig-4657732.sig-4657732.img-

I was going to post this gif, since I saw this and felt just like it.  for how I felt, since I had just seen Shadow Play and didn't have to avoid any spoilers, anymore, but now that things are supposed to be on youtube, I have to post how I feel.

thumb.png

Both for now I have to avoid things again, and I feel frustrated for the show creators.

I don't want to know yet!

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 3

For G5, I certainly hope Pinkie Pie will be a character in that generation. I don't want to see her go, at least.

Either way, I will drop out of the entire MLP fandom if G5 ever gets confirmed 'cause I have to move on with my life soon. For one thing, I've already dropped out of the Equestria Girls fandom over the fact that I'm happy enough with up to the Summertime Shorts.

Edited by FirePuppy

9 hours ago, A.V. said:

Not because I don't like him (the opposite, in fact), but because that would mean overriding his arc in the comics (again, one of my favorites).

The comics aren't necessarily canon to the show.

7 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

Wonder if this forum will still exist and be renamed Generation 5 Discussion, and if fimfiction will still exist.

I'm sure FiMFiction will still exist. Might depend on how many people stick around, but either way, I at least don't think its demise will be immediately. As for this forum, I could see it being renamed to differentiate between FiM and the new series while one for the new series opens up.

10 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

I got on the ride mid-late Season 2.

Same but a bit late , the time before Equestria Girls was made :)

At least , when I posted a tweet and took a screenshot and posted it to Derpibooru, the leaks  where banned there.

5D598C3E-7534-4AF2-88B5-7A39648F33FA.jpeg

Edited by Wonder Sparkle

Tbh , dont spill tea, spill something else

7 hours ago, heavens-champion said:
  Hide contents

If they're going to redo Applejack, They should at least keep her stubbornness, especially if they give her the bad girl characterization.

That's one of the biggest beefs I have with the supposed G5 concepts.

Remember when The Powerpuff Girls 2016 redid Ms. Keane (and outright removed Ms. Bellum)?

It didn't go over well then, and it certainly won't go over well for Applejack.

Edited by A.V.

9 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

They are not just going to ignore everything that made G4 popular. G5 will be hyped up by lots of bronies despite our sadness.

There will be purists and loyalist, in other words "true fans" too stubborn to let go and attack us because we are unloyal to FiM though :dash: 

• Brohoof 2

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

25 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

There will be purists and loyalist, in other words "true fans" too stubborn to let go and attack us because we are unloyal to FiM though :dash: 

I think it will be like when Star Trek: the next generation launched. I believe there are STILL trekkers that pretend tOS is "the only series" :)

ᚾᛖᚹ ᛚᚢᚾᚨ ᚱᛖᛈᚢᛒᛚᛁᚴ - ᚦᛖ ᚠᚢᚾ ᚺᚨᚦ ᛒᛖᛖᚾ ᛞᛟᚢᛒᛚᛖᛞ

image.png.1d67db17f637a25cb8070c016012d5cf.png

On 12/18/2017 at 8:40 AM, Goat-kun said:

It's only natural. I am one of the unofficial villains of this community ;) I've been clashing with the other fans on worldbuilding, antagonists, character development, and more. This leak tilts the dialogue in my favor on all points of contention. Hence the reason for my smugness. It is entertaining to see that H-Bro and I seem to be in accord on the future path of MLP. Was there ever any doubt?

:D

This post makes me smile for some reason.

Back OT: Anyway, I personally want better toys, new characters, more adventure and a new, more detailed art style and horsey design. After seeing Twilight Sparkle packaged with damn near every movie character in stores, I'm totally sick of her, whereas before I didn't mind her. Kid and adult customers like variety hasbroken. Relearn it.

• Brohoof 1

I just thought of a minor possibility...

What if the season 8 episodes were the only things that were actually leaked, and everything else was just fabricated as a massive troll (the season 8 episodes being in there to make it seem legit)?  I mean, this whole 'leak' was released on 4-Chan, and we all know how toxic the ponies on that site usually are...

Just a thought. (If someone wants to explore this idea then by all means go ahead)

Edited by Superplay64
  • Brohoof 3

Do you want to see more of Twilight and her friends after Season 9? Then consider helping Friendship is More Than Magic, the unofficial FiM successor!

Just now, Superplay64 said:

I just thought of a minor possibility...

What if the season 8 episodes were the only things that were actually leaked, and everything else was just fabricated as a massive parasprite (the season 8 episodes being in there to make it seem legit)?  I mean, this whole 'leak' was released on 4-Chan, and we all know how toxic the ponies on that site usually are...

Just a thought. (If someone wants to explore this idea then by all means go ahead)

Personally, I'm hoping that's the case, but bracing myself for if it isn't.

• Brohoof 3