Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Notifications

DubWolf

Notifications  

30 users have voted

1. 1. Do you receive email notifications for PMs?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Receive any emails for content followed?

• Yes
    • No

I do get email notifications when I get a PM since I sometimes forget to reply but otherwise I don't like those excessive emails. There are times when I leave my email inbox completely unchecked for a long while so it's just good that it won't get flooded too much.

At least I don't receive emails every time someone posts a status update since the amount of unread emails would be probably about 100 more every week. :wat:

I don't get emails for anything because I know I can't be on the forums as much as I would like and being reminded of all the things I can't respond to in a timely manner just makes me feel guilty, especially PMs. I'm already the slowest girl in the world when it comes to answering my messages, so I don't need to be reminded of the fact. :pout:

• 2 weeks later...

I had email notifications when I first started out here, but eventually it got to be too much, especially since I'm the type of person who's gotta have an organized inbox. :lol: 

• Brohoof 1

I don't get notifications for anything. When I'm here I'll check everything I want to check, when I'm not, I don't need to. I don't really need a permanent umbilical attached to the forums when I'm away.

• Brohoof 1

I have email notifications turned on, but also have a dedicated gmail address just for this - so they are in their own little box, and don't get lost amongst a sea of "the_gobo brohooved your content" notifications :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

If someone writes me a PM, it means that person wants to contact me specifically. I get an email notification for that.

For all other stuff (replies in threads, mentions and so on) I do not receive emails. When I visit the site I can check those things then, without the notifications interrupting me or filling up my inbox.

With fanfics, I have email notifications turned on for the fanfics that update infrequently. Fanfics that get updated daily or once every two days I can just check when I am in the mood for reading a fanfic without the notifications filling my inbox. Of course, if the fanfic gets updated once every few months, I turn on a notification for that because I do not want to check up on it every few days and see nothing.

• Brohoof 3

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I should get the maximum of notifications for a day, since I am here daily. I don't know the exact number, but around 50-150 per day or so.

• Brohoof 2

42 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I turned off the email settings because if I do want to check something, I come straight to the site. My email would never shut up if I connected it to forums notifications.

Same. 

I felt like I had to turn the email notifications off after I got them for PM's I was in. 

• Brohoof 1