Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Furries, Ponysonas, and Alter-Ego Acting: How much do you treat them as real?

Will Guide

Furries: How Real are Their Fursonas?  

30 users have voted

1. 1. How real is your Fursona or Ponysona to you?

• My Fursona is completely separate from my real life
    • Only when in costume
    • My Fursona is real and I'm channeling them from time to time
    • I refuse to answer to anything but my Fursona's name
    • I'm a Furry, but I don't have a Fursona
    • Other (if you want specify why in post)

(edited)

Mine is like an idealized version of myself. I mean, my main ponysona is a changeling so this whole thing about acting like someone else or deceiving and having identity issues fits very well for me. As a changeling they are pretty much me if i were more confident and less fearful of what others think of me. And from there they can just transform into other ponies or creatures which are mostly different aspects of myself. One of the pony transformations is just me as I am, shy and quiet, to sorta put myself in the pony world. maybe even imagine myself as someone like fluttershy and how would that be if I were a character in the show.

Edited by Ittoni

Totally forgot about this topic for a hot second!!!

Anyways, I do now have a better concept of my fursona, his name is also Sage(like so many of my other ocs made in the past 5-7 years) Briar-Leaf, he's also what I like to call a "predatory elk" he has sharp teeth and claws like a predator might but he's still technically an elk it's just something he inherited from his maternal grandmother.  

My ponysona is also named Sage, he used to be called something else and he also used to be female but I changed that about him.  Originally, He's supposed to be this big buff dude, built kinda like a strongman would be, not someone who body-builds like a certain Pegasus does.  Sage is an earth pony.

Both my Ponysona and my fursona represent aspects of me and things that I want to be or do.  My fursona, Sage, has his own bakery because I love to bake.  He's also quiet and slightly intimidating(I'm not intimidating but for some odd reason people think I'm crazy or something??????) but he's a good individual in his own way.  Of course, some things are his own and not aspects of me, like he has a kid and two parents, while I don't personally want kids and my parents are divorced.  I like to treat him as he's a living person in his own universe.  He and most of my other OCs might have aspects of me in them but at the end of the day, they're their own person, just doing whatever in my imagination.  Sage, my ponysona, is big, mostly because when I was little I wanted to be a strongman.  Since I was a little girl at the time, I was swiftly told that women cannot be strongmen and that I should look elsewhere.  Though I still think strongmen are cool as a trans man...  Both of the Sages have similar personalities yet they do different things.  Ponysona Sage is actually a wandering therapist because his goal in life is to help people with their problems.