Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Will you watch G5?

CastletonSnob

I think Hasbro is making a huge mistake with G5 I mean there's many reasons why Hasbro should not go through with this first of all we can say goodbye to Tempest if Hasbro goes through with this I'm not too thrilled with their plans for G5 it's stupid and being made specifically for an older audience that just doesn't fit My Little Pony at all and right after we were just getting to know Tempest right when she started excepting friendship that's all were going to see of Tempest well in that case what was the point of meeting her at all it just doesn't make sense to me and the ponies we have come to love and adore would never be the same Pinkie Pie is my idol I would be very sad if they changed her forever if Hasbro goes through with this there going to loose me as a fan it's stupid is what it is Hasbro is just asking to loose money and fans starting Gen 5 It's not a good idea and we have so many fan site's involving Gen 4 whats going to happen to all these sites if they switch generations and knowing generation 4 became such a huge hit why would you want to end it it doesn't make but it's not up to me but I have a feeling Hasbro will regret switching to gen 5 especially with the worst ideas they came up with it they would of been so better off sticking to Gen 4 we love the characters as they are now we don't want that to change I know i don't want that to change Hasbro is making the worst decision in the history of worst decisions 

Edited by NathanW200

I'll definitely give G5 a go, but I fear that it will be 'make or breake' -situation for community. Some will hate it and rest will love it. Hopefully next generation won't start civil war that divides fandom... I'm little nervous and pessimistic how things are going to turn around.

• Brohoof 1

As of now, it's still early to tell.

Spoiler

Currently, G5's still in its development and conceptual phase, and I really dislike how the developers feel about AJ and her massive overhaul into this "bad girl" type. However, Hasbro can still work on it and improve it into something more and better. If the worldbuilding ideas are true, they have a nice background for good ideas.

Currently, I'm in the "wait and see" camp. Give me good news, good previews, and good execution, and I might be on board.

On 1/15/2018 at 8:40 PM, NathanW200 said:

I don't know why there switching generations anyway

If you look at the current pattern of MLP, generations tend to begin at or at the beginning of the decade, beginning with G3 in the 2003. Ten years is a marvelous cycle for G4, and G5 allows MLP to start from scratch and go again.

On 1/16/2018 at 3:06 PM, NathanW200 said:

I thought Generation 4 was perfect 

There's no such thing as perfection, especially in entertainment. G4/FIM is objectively the best MLP generation, but it has its blunders and missed opportunities. What G5 can do is observe them and figure out how to improve the storytelling and worldbuilding formula so it can create a product with more consistent quality.

• Brohoof 1

It depends. I'm not going hold anything against the show for replacing G5, I'm not going to compare it to G4, I'm going to completely judge the show by it's own merits and if it's enjoyable to watch with interesting characters, good writing, well-paced execution and a good over-arching plot, then of course. It'll take some getting use to for sure, but it could prove to be just as enjoyable as it's predecessor.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I'll probably give it a chance, although I'm not very hyped up for it given what's been revealed in the leaks so far. I'm also mostly still into MLP for the fan works, and I've already got a lot of unmade G4 fan content as it is, so if the previews don't look promising or interest me that much I'll probably pass (at least until I have more time to kill) and focus more on other fandoms, or on my original content. But if the previews end up pulling me in, then yeah, I'll definitely take a gander.