spoiler Do you want G5 to start any time soon or do you want FIM to continue

NathanW200

Do you want G4 to continue or G5 to start  

50 users have voted

1. 1. Do you want FIM to continue or Hasbro to reboot the show

• Continue G4
    • Start G5

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2020-04-04 at 06:28 AM

21 minutes ago, NathanW200 said:

So do you want Hasbro to reboot the show in 2019 like it said on the leaks of do you want the show too continue as it is now

Are spoilers allowed for this discussion or will I be insta banned? Because there are some spoilers I could talk about. . .

Just now, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

I wish generation will never end... but this is what people said over 25 years when G1 ended... we'll be forced to fade by the next gen sadly. unless we create a petition that will stop g5's exsistence

I feel the exact same way the cutest ponies we have ever seen that we have come to love and adore will all be destroyed if they switch to G5 and the leak said their would not be a sequel for G4 My Little Pony the movie and that it would be prior to G5 and just when we were just starting to get to know Tempest too but Hasbro want's to get rid of that too come on we just started to get to know her and Pinkie Pie is my Idol as she is now I'd be devastated if they changed that too 

Well, as long as it lives up to it's predecessor, I don't really have too much of a problem with the idea of a G5. It'll be difficult to adjust for sure, but I'm optimistic that if the new show retains many of the same writers, then it will be of a similar quality.

That being said however, I'm certainly not desperate for this concept to come into play for the time being. I at least want G4 to get a satisfying conclusion, and I want at least 2 more seasons to come out of the show before it does.

Overall, I'm quite mixed about the situation as a whole.

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 5

It'd be interesting to see a whole new take on this!

But hey, that won't happen until at least 2020, so let's see what they'll do in their last few seasons of G4. And we can still write all the fan fiction, draw all the fan art, and create all the fan videos we want about G4 even after it ends, after all!

• Brohoof 2

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

It'd be interesting to see a whole new take on this!

But hey, that won't happen until at least 2020, so let's see what they'll do in their last few seasons of G4. And we can still write all the fan fiction, draw all the fan art, and create all the fan videos we want about G4 even after it ends, after all!

But there is no denying the fandom will be affected. While there will still be a TON of bronies making g4 content after g4, the lack of new material may make it difficult for some. There will certainly be a split between the diehard g4 fans and g5 fans. Some will move on, and some will stay, further complicating things. Eventually, g4 may be forgotten. My only hope is that the g4 fandom will continue to be active long after the show ends. Other fandoms have done it, and I think we will be able to as well.

• Brohoof 1

@NathanW200

EDIT: THERE NEEDS TO BE A THIRD IN-BETWEEN VOTE CHOICE, "I ACCEPT THAT G5 IS COMING, AND WILL ENJOY THE LAST FEW GEN 4 SEASONS" or something like that.

I can't seem to undo my vote and I wanted my vote to be like this 3rd option.

Please, Nathan, put in an "other" voting choice, because the two choices don't reflect my thoughts!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

I'm torn to be honest.

Why?  If FiM ends, then we don't have anything truly official to fuel the fandom, and the rate of newcomers will diminish greatly, with a few ponies bound to leave quickly after the end of the show (it won't ever stop existing, it'll just die down quite a bit over time).  BUT there won't be any new content to go against my vast headcanon (that will hopefully be made into an ongoing series on YouTube by the time FiM ends).  On the other hoof, if FiM keeps going, then the fandom will be guaranteed to stay alive and very healthy.  BUT new episodes being made means it's highly likely that the show will eventually go against my headcanon in some way.

Overall though, I think I actually do want FiM to keep going.

Despite what many people would like, generation four will eventually come to an end on the premise that Hasbro feels it's no longer giving them money, and want to begin a new generation in hopes of reinvigorating the toy line resulting in more money coming their way. No matter what happens, generation four has left enough of an impact that it will achieve cult status long after it has reached its conclusion. Also, so long as fans continue to keep its spirit going despite it ending, it will continue to flourish much like how other fandoms have done with their respective media.

• Brohoof 2

I want G5 to stop being such a hot discussion. Who cares at this point? Even at least it is 3 years away, that is a loong time, a sophomore will be graduating in that time. I want G4 to continue but if it is to end in the next two years than so be it. Still two years left.

• Brohoof 2

Well ... it has to end some time. Season 9 looks to be it. My view hasn't changed on this since the start of Season 5. When it does end I'll be happy if all the things I wanted to see with the characters are touched on. Since then they have checked off most of that list. 

And I'll happily give G5 a fair shot when it airs. Heck even if I don't like it, I'll still be casually involved in some fandom stuff because G4 has been so solid.

• Brohoof 3

54 minutes ago, Tilgoreth said:

Are spoilers allowed for this discussion or will I be insta banned? Because there are some spoilers I could talk about. . .

Spoiler talk is perfectly allowed. Just put them under the spoiler tag (the eye symbol triggers it) and don't link/post their work. :)

As for the OP, FIM is gonna come to an end sooner or later. Seven seasons of really great work needs to have some closure someday, and we're approaching the ceiling of the Mane Eight's growth and accomplishments from a storytelling perspective. I'd rather have the show end on a high note (season 9) than see it run completely into the ground.

• Brohoof 2

I'd want G5 to start, since lately I've kind of lost interest in G4. I got partway through season 6, but haven't watched the show in about a year. Maybe starting G5 could revive my interest in the series. However, I would like the mane 6 to be part, but the rumours have shown that they may keep them, but alter their species. I'd rather them just start a new cast then alter the ones they've had for years. These are just rumours, so they don't mean much at this point. 

Obviously I do want G4 to continue, but only to the point of being able to wrap up the story and give a satisfying conclusion to the current generation, because I also wouldn't want them to run the current show into the ground (such as Spongebob or the Simpsons) both those series were once really good but their golden days are far behind them, I wouldn't want to see MLP G4 turn into a shell of it's former self, and I think G5 will prevent that from happening. 

@King of Canterlot At least Spongebob is starting picking itself back up, unlike other shows that are passed their opportunity to ever make a comeback. (FOP anyone?)

And yeah, I don't want FiM to end just yet, at least give it a round 10 seasons (Heck if it made it to 2025 that'd be nice [without going down the tubes of course]), but even I know it needs to end eventually.  Twi and her friends can't keep defending Equestria from threats forever.  Threats to take over Equestria are gonna run out some day am I right?

• Brohoof 1

....Guys nothing you do is gonna change G4 from ending. This whole time the show has been on infomercial for toys..they could literally right now go " LOL NOPE." and shut G4 down and not care. Enjoy the ride while it's still happening..we got two years and squabbling about it isn't gonna fix it. I'm for G5 for coming as it'll give new paint to an old series.

Edited by Qrow Branwen

22 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Obviously I do want G4 to continue, but only to the point of being able to wrap up the story and give a satisfying conclusion to the current generation, because I also wouldn't want them to run the current show into the ground (such as Spongebob or the Simpsons) both those series were once really good but their golden days are far behind them, I wouldn't want to see MLP G4 turn into a shell of it's former self, and I think G5 will prevent that from happening. 

to tell you the truth I want G4 the go on forever like the Simpsons I couldn't imagine anything better

• Brohoof 1