Bladed / Exotic Weapons Thread

Chigens and Kay

Just my two cents.

Anything can be a weapon,if applied with pressure.

Even a pencil can be used to kill or injure someone.

OT:I don't really have any exotic weapons.

But,I do have a wooden baseball bat,4 pocket knifes,and a wooden training katana with a dragon carved into it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Just my two cents.

Anything can be a weapon,if applied with pressure.

Even a pencil can be used to kill or injure someone.

OT:I don't really have any exotic weapons.

But,I do have a wooden baseball bat,4 pocket knifes,and a wooden training katana with a dragon carved into it.

Hey, Miyamoto Musashi killed Sasaki Kojiro with just a wooden sword. One he fashioned that morning!

Quick question guys. Should I get a wooden or polypropylene training sword?

Edited by Steel Accord

Hey, Miyamoto Musashi killed Sasaki Kojiro with just a wooden sword. One he fashioned that morning!

A wooden sword could be used to stab someone,but there would have to be a lot of pressure applied.

Your better off hitting your opponent with it.

• Brohoof 1

A wooden sword could be used to stab someone,but there would have to be a lot of pressure applied.

Your better off hitting your opponent with it.

That he did, Musashi hit him so hard that he broke Sasaki's ribs and punctured a lung!

That's when he knew he must never fight with a steel sword again. If he could kill with wood, then wood was all he would use.

And yet he was STILL untouchable!

I swear, if my soul was the price to be trained by him . . . . I would be hard pressed to refuse.

Quick question guys. Should I get a wooden or polypropylene training sword?

Depends on what you intend to use it for, and how much you're willing to spend. A lot of the more expensive poly trainers are 'realistically weighted and balanced' (quotes because some of these companies' ideas of what a realistic sword weighs is very odd.) Historically though, you would train with a waster that was considerably heavier than normal, until you reached a certain point where you would switch over to blunted steel. This is what a wood waster is good for.

If you're looking for high-quality medieval-style wasters, I'd try Purpleheart Armory. Their website has gotten annoying recently as they've added a bunch of poly and aluminum stuff and not sorted it out in an intuitive fashion, but they used to carry a large variety of wooden wasters. (They don't seem to carry the wooden zweihander anymore. I got one of those for a friend of mine. It was hilarious. :) )

• Brohoof 1

YAY! More weapons!

These fine specimens are from my brother's collection.

attachicon.gifDSC00178.JPG

Double-Edged Master Sword from LoZ. Very sharp and enables you to shoot lasers. Almost 3 feet long.

I know how I'm going to spend my next $50...

I like the master sword it looks awsome, something I would love to have is Corvo's blade from Dishonored

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Hey, Miyamoto Musashi killed Sasaki Kojiro with just a wooden sword. One he fashioned that morning! Quick question guys. Should I get a wooden or polypropylene training sword?

go with the polypropylene training sword.  here is why https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRyQLiWE_QQ

wood swords beak very easy (i broke one with my bare hands in sword vs unarmed combat drills) and if you do combat drills or live action role playing it's better to get one than buying a new swords every week. Yes, you can get a good wood sword by they cost a lot.

remeber Injuries occurring from bokken are very similar to those caused by clubs and similar battering weapons and include compound fractures, ruptured organs, and other such blunt force injuries. In some ways, a bokken can be more dangerous as the injuries caused are often unseen and inexperienced practitioners may underestimate the risk of harm

my very 1st katana and the sword that started me on Tameshigiri the onikiri musashi - practical daimyo 1045 carbon steel. paid 30$ on amazon for it

022-6.jpg

021-6.jpg

her name is Chiyo-chan. I name my swords.

Edited by swordsman
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Just got my NEW Buck 120 knife, the knife used in Scream, that's coming with me for my Redwoods trip. :D

post-18351-0-47854200-1401741526_thumb.png

post-18351-0-72045800-1401741568_thumb.png

post-18351-0-81051000-1401741609_thumb.png

post-18351-0-24094200-1401741664_thumb.png

Next to my Buck 119:

post-18351-0-99251100-1401741721_thumb.png

Next to my costume Scream knife: 

post-18351-0-52909400-1401743026_thumb.png

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 1

This is about 3% of all my blades and the only ones that i've unpacked since i moved.

attachicon.gifphoto (9).JPG

Can you believe that one of these blades is going to end my life. Crazy ain't it?

No, but I do love that can of Dew next to the blades. Because that stuff is what will end you.
  • Brohoof 1

just bought a new esee 4!post-1927-0-56449600-1401881580_thumb.jpg

it is a really strong and sharp knife!

This is about 3% of all my blades and the only ones that i've unpacked since i moved.

attachicon.gifphoto (9).JPG

Can you believe that one of these blades is going to end my life. Crazy ain't it?

is that a mountain dew can tana?
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
(edited)

As cool as bladed weapons are, I'm too sissy to own anything more than a bokken (blunt training sword). Ah well, It's not like we have to fight off samurai any time soon. Despite my appreciation, all I have to show for it is an old swiss-army knife, which I'm sure is something none of you are interested in.

Although I don't know the 'proper' way to fight with them, I'm pretty fond of wakizashies:

Wakizashi.jpg

However, if given the opportunity to own one, I would decline and ask for a wooden bokken version instead. Wood isn't as strong as the other materials that companies tend to use (nor is it as safe, since breaking the wooden version leaves a sharp point while the other versions usually just leaves a blunt top), but it's far more decorative. Again, I don't plan on doing anything serious with it (nor do I plan on playing with it, since it's usually as heavy as a hammer), so it's functionality wouldn't matter. It would only be in my room for show:

Wakizashi-Sword_Shoto_Wood_22_1803-N.jpg

Edited by Asterisk Propernoun

• 5 months later...

Anyone here have aanything on those Rose Knives, or whatever they were called? The super-sharp knives that were dressed in "Omg supaa kawaii cho sugoii tokubetsuna kawaii-sama!" Hello Kitty-ish wrappings, the one that had an advertising campaign about just how sharp these blades were? They even started an internet meme or something.

Um, wow, I have realized that I have plenty of firearms but am severely skimping on the blades department... :(

CR-M2114SFG.jpg

But anyway, that's my everyday carry pocket knife. :)

• Brohoof 2

Um, wow, I have realized that I have plenty of firearms but am severely skimping on the blades department... :(

img-3339997-1-CR-M2114SFG.jpg

But anyway, that's my everyday carry pocket knife. :)

Hey, everyone has their weapon of choice. (Or rather should.) If you'd rather carry a gun than a blade, the gun would be more effective. Just as much, a sword would be more effective than a gun for me. Yeah, yeah, we can argue practicality all day but the fact remains, I know how to fight with a sword effectively and am a terrible shot. The inverse would be likely true with you.

It's the man, not the weapon that matters.

• Brohoof 2

Hey, everyone has their weapon of choice. (Or rather should.) If you'd rather carry a gun than a blade, the gun would be more effective. Just as much, a sword would be more effective than a gun for me. Yeah, yeah, we can argue practicality all day but the fact remains, I know how to fight with a sword effectively and am a terrible shot. The inverse would be likely true with you.

It's the man, not the weapon that matters.

LOL, that blade really isn't even for self defense, though it CAN be It's mainly just useful to have a good knife on you to cut, rope, boxes or anything else that needs to be cut, I actually need to get my blade re sharpened on that one as it is all chipped and what not from years of using it as a can opener and hacking sticks in two. :lol:

I managed to pick up one of these for $180 shipped. They are discontinued and I see them on Ebay at a ridiculous $250 + S&H so I'm happy I avoided the out-of-production markup.

img-2619893-1-Calypso54_sprint1.jpg

Can't go wrong with Spyderco, WELL worth the money! :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Hey, everyone has their weapon of choice. (Or rather should.) If you'd rather carry a gun than a blade, the gun would be more effective. Just as much, a sword would be more effective than a gun for me. Yeah, yeah, we can argue practicality all day but the fact remains, I know how to fight with a sword effectively and am a terrible shot. The inverse would be likely true with you. It's the man, not the weapon that matters.

IF you carry a gun should always have a pocket knife or a fixed blade for both back up and everyday use. 90% of CCW holders said they would forget to always wear there gun but never there knife. Also you can carry a knife most places a gun can't go(they let me take my pocket kinfe into court and you can wear your knife in the post office).

I also carry a CRKT kinfe too. I carry the M16z. I would love to have the Hisshou 13 inches of blade.

post-13882-0-58928500-1419015798_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I don't have any exotic blades except my kitchen knifes, lol.

But I do have an AKS-74U hanging above my Jamaican flag, in my room.  :wacko:

Edited by Guest