Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Saddest movie scene

Sliding Bolt

(edited)

For some reason I’ve never seen a thread on this yet. So I made one. 

So so what is the saddest movie scene in your opinion? This can be animated or not. 

Mine would have to go to the ending of Furious 7. This is the only time a movie/show has ever made me almost cry. 

CB59C1F4-3236-43C2-9DFF-A82A039519AC.jpeg

Edited by Sliding Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

I can't pin one down. So many .... so so many. Here is one that is hauntingly sad. 

Red Coat Girl - Schindler's List

red_coat_news_article.jpg

I was going to post the shot that actually slams into you like a freight train, but somehow I am not keen on posting dead children on this site. 

Ellie - Up

up-wedding.jpg

ellies-death-up.jpg

The opening montage of this film ... holy hell movie can you leave me some dignity ... or at least hand me a Kleenex? 

• Brohoof 3

This may sound ridiculous as I am sure may will suggest some sort of realistic war film, hospital drama, or real-life reenactment of something, but for me...

...the ending to Dragonheart always tears at my heart. :(

• Brohoof 3

I'm not one to get emotional over a movie, however I just watched "We Were Soldiers" for the first time, and one part made me teary, but it wasn't even a part from the movie I think, when the credits begin to roll there's a segment showing the list of men who died in the actual battle. Through this movie I saw men killed painfully and viscerally, scarred mentally and physically, desperately trying to survive the carnage. The reactions of their loved ones back home receiving word that they were dead and others watching as or painfully waiting, never knowing if they were next to receive such tragic news. None of that did it for me. Only after the credits started rolling, and they displayed the actual names of the men who died in the battle that really kicked off the Vietnam War, and would be followed by thousands more dying, did it really sink in.

(edited)
On 5/22/2018 at 11:25 PM, Jeric said:

I can't pin one down. So many .... so so many. Here is one that is hauntingly sad. 

Red Coat Girl - Schindler's List

red_coat_news_article.jpg

I was going to post the shot that actually slams into you like a freight train, but somehow I am not keen on posting dead children on this site. 

^This one^

Absolutely the hardest scene I've ever had to sit through, and the other shot from later on is where I lost it. 

Also notable:

'Baby Mine' scene from Dumbo.

Darth Vader funeral pyre from Return of the Jedi.

Death of Bambi's mother.

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

Slightly more obscure is My Sister's Keeper. Basically, a sister is conceived as a donor baby to help her older sister survive as long as possible. This has one of the most heartbreaking and uplifting twists that I've ever seen. Not gonna spoil it ... but wow. 

my-sisters-keeper.jpg

I think the ending of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas was a particularly sad scene. 

Otherwise, the beginning of UP takes it for me. 

Spoiler

Ok, the death of Boromir and Gandalf was able to make me cry, happy? 

• Brohoof 1

slightly obscure one unless you were a British 90s kid (this was on TV all the time and one of the most common videos school owned fro free time)

The whole of Black Beauty - but mostly the part where Ginger dies =(

Then the obvious ones; everything Disney touches

some more to the list that get me:

Grave of the Fireflies, When Marnie was there, Forrest Gump, My Girl, Pokemon the First Movie.

• 2 months later...

I couldn't go down a list of all time because, to be honest, my memory is not that great. D: Recent memories include the ending of Coco, the beginning of Up, Les Miserables, etc. Any dog movie, too. I can't watch dog movies. I just can't.