Have you ever gotten stung by bees?

EpicEnergy

Bee Stings  

21 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever gotten stung by any bees?

• no
    • yes

I just recently got stung by a yellow jacket on my neck when I was cleaning up the yard, this is the second time I've been stung as far as I remember because I'm usually careful. The first time was by a hornet. The good thing is I'm not allergic to bee stings.

Have you ever gotten stung by a bee? If so, what bee was it and how many times have you been stung?

Edited by EpicEnergy

*totally not up to any shenanigans* :ithastolookpretty:

Is there anyone who hasn't been stung by a bee in their life? I've been stung countless times.

I've never understand why people are so afraid of bees (other than people who are actually allergic to them of course). It doesn't hurt that much and they generally ignore you.

t1lKsUM.jpg

Never. I'm very careful around those lil guys.

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.

I seem to get stung every time I mow my parents' lawn. The most recent was just a couple weeks ago when I mowed over the top of a hornet's nest (which was a hole in the ground). I had discovered and 'dismantled' the nest years ago but I guess the yellow jackets liked the real estate because they were back. They let me know it by stinging me five times; on the hand, under my arm, on my back and twice on the ear. I know a little stinger shouldn't hurt that much but THEY DO! I was all swollen up and throbbing for the rest of the day. 

I have never been stung by a bee or a wasp. 

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

I got stung by a bumble bee when I was a kid. It hurt but not as bad as a swarm of yellow jackets. I've been nailed by those wretched creatures several times, while cutting grass.

I get revenge by pouring gasoline in their nest in the ground and lighting it. :sneer:

Never a bee, but I did by a wasp once. I used to work on maintaining sports fields and commonly mowed the fancy patterns on the baseball diamonds.

I was just finishing up and driving the mower to the break room when a wasp darted right at my face. Fortunately I was wearing safety goggles, but the bugger got me right above the eye. I honestly didn't feel much pain, it felt more weird like what I imagine a zit bursting to feel like. Perhaps because it stung me on the eyebrow instead of something more fleshy or nervy. I ended up taking the rest of the day off though because the swelling was pretty rough. I learned that day that I wasn't allergic though, so that was a plus.

Edited by Celtore

• 2 weeks later...

Once when I was about three or four years old I stepped on a dead on one the ground that still had the stinger in it. I was not a happy child.

I haven't been stung since. I tend to stay stock still when I find them near me. Let's hope I don't end up on the wrong end of a hornet someday.

Oh yes, all the time. Most of my friends and family are allergic, so I get sent in to deal with things. Usually without being told what the heck I'm going in for as I don't speak 'AAAAAAAAAAAA!' very well. It could be a mouse, a spider, or a four foot around wasp nest for all I know.

ConsoleSig4.png

Never. I’m the kind of guy to avoid things. If a bee looks like it’s chasing me, I always try to act defensive or run. The closest I’ve ever been to being stung was recently when a bee was silently on my hair one morning until my friend quickly flicked it off my head with paper.

signature_2021.png.ae772d34478ebc0cc9bf805ce5d8ce05.png

• -She/Her
  • -Big nerd lol
  • -Bacon for life

A few times as an infant... like that time when I reached for my action figure without looking, felt something on my finger and spotted a tiny black speck right before it fell off. Luckily for me, I have a mother with a background in medicine capable of tending to various injuries.

I take writing commissions.

"Nerds build the world, artists decorate it, warriors protect it, leaders talk everyone into doing their jobs." -me, 3 Nov 2017

"That's not a pie, that's a pastry with an identity crisis!" ~Jeric

• 6 months later...