Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I want to see Rainbow Dash the least in S9.

FirePuppy

Image result for rainbow dash crying mlp wikia

Please be warned: I am allowed to have my own opinion so don't criticize me much here.

After eight seasons, I do not want to see Rainbow Dash much in the final season. I mean, she was not a bad character at first, but starting from Season 6 onwards, she keeps on getting very frequent appearances, as well as always four or more episodes focusing on her within every SINGLE season since then (not to mention that she never got fewer than three episodes within any 26-episode season), most of them negatively criticized by a lot of us fans, like Newbie Dash, Non-Compete Clause, The End in Friend, 28 Pranks Later, and possibly a few others. To be honest, I'm getting sick of most of these stupid episode ideas that the show's writers keep shoving in everyone's face. Not only that, she already has plenty of episodes shared with the rest of the Mane Six (like Top Bolt, Daring Done, Secrets and Pies, Rarity Investigates, etc.) and Scootaloo, and we've also already seen her parents and Lightning Dust, in addition to her being seen the second-most in the last season and in the entire series, behind Twilight.

Her episodes were cute at first, but after 8 seasons, they have been driven into the ground. Nowadays, Rainbow Dash does nothing for me anymore. She is the opposite of anything funny. So in the final season, I expect her to be out of the way most of the time to allow more of other characters like Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, the CMCs, and the Student Six.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 3

16 minutes ago, shyabetes3939 said:

To be honest, I don't really care how many episodes a character receives as long as they're done well. More Fluttershy would be great though!

Yep. Give me a well written story and I’m fine with the character choice being wide open. Would be nice to get some  lore that connects to specific characters and develops them a bit, but I’m fine with that being any one of a dozen characters. 

• Brohoof 6

To be specific — an example would be adding something mysterious to Dragon history that makes Spike’s personal history and inclusion in Pony society more powerful (like an ancestor that forbade dragons and ponies from interacting). What about touching on the history of the sonic rainboom and have Dash actually question why she and only she can perform it leading to some interesting reveal about its origin in Pony legend. 

Im hoping we get some tighter lore. Rainbow Dash is a great vehicle to explore this. 

• Brohoof 3

@FirePuppy Let me give you an idea on how I view your post. Why do you want to have less of a character just because you in particular hate it? There are plenty of people like me who love Rainbow Dash as a character. Sure, she might of had a few dud episodes but that doesn't warrant a complete removal of the character, does it? Despite what you think though, Rainbow has had some good episodes this season and seasons prior. Yes, Newbie Dash might of been somewhat lackluster but it wasn't a terrible episode like all the doomsayers say it is.

Just for me, I don't like this "I don't like this character, so this character needs to go away" mentality.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)
25 minutes ago, TwilySparky said:

@FirePuppy Let me give you an idea on how I view your post. Why do you want to have less of a character just because you in particular hate it? There are plenty of people like me who love Rainbow Dash as a character. Sure, she might of had a few dud episodes but that doesn't warrant a complete removal of the character, does it? Despite what you think though, Rainbow has had some good episodes this season and seasons prior. Yes, Newbie Dash might of been somewhat lackluster but it wasn't a terrible episode like all the doomsayers say it is.

Just for me, I don't like this "I don't like this character, so this character needs to go away" mentality.

Well, I do like Fluttershy and Pinkie over most, but this season, the writers didn't like either of them, apparently.

Edited by FirePuppy

14 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Please be warned: I am allowed to have my own opinion so don't criticize me much here.

If your opinion makes no sense, expect criticism of it.

24 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

most of them negatively criticized by a lot of us fans, like Newbie Dash, Non-Compete Clause, The End in Friend, 28 Pranks Later, and possibly a few others.

The biggest problem in bad Dash episodes is usually the one-sided, flat treatment of her ego, implicating that she's a bad person for having it. Newbie Dash and 28 Pranks Later are two of the worst examples in that regard. Non-Compete Clause, which you used as an example, was one of the only bad episodes last season.

When her ego is written with a greater degree of nuance, she and the episodes she stars in shine. Wonderbolts Academy's one of the best episodes of the show partially because of this. Her other two episodes, GGW and Washouts, also exercised a really balanced approach to her ego: give her one without treating her poorly as a result, validate it, and show her ego with nuance. S8 was her best since the third, even with NCC staining her résumé.

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

So in the final season, I expect her to be out of the way most of the time to allow more of other characters like Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, the CMCs, and the Student Six.

Don't expect it. The show isn't going to star characters in an episode without reason. I'd love more PP and FS — more specifically, more high-quality appearances of them. Outside of secondary appearances, they lack that. Better writing of their main roles will help them out better.

26 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

but this season, the writers didn't like either of them, apparently.

Not featuring them a lot (or that well collectively) doesn't mean there's some anti-FS/PP coup behind the Allspark scenes. Lay the conspiracy theory to rest.

• Brohoof 5

852711330_YourOpinionMan.gif.9edcc2271cbc401f7ce25f3936c98f4f.gif

Rainbow Dash appears a lot in the show because she's popular, and she's popular for a reason. Like the rest of the main characters, she has great charisma, an inspiring personality, and amusing character flaws. I personally find the show to be very good at character balance and have always felt that the main characters have been given a mostly even amount of spotlight. Not to mention that all of the main characters have had star roles in 'bad episodes'. You can have your opinion, but when you're disregarding the opinions of what others would want, you can't just act like you're immune to criticism. 

• Brohoof 2

Would be really difficult  with that request because she is the most important merchendisable pony that's been used in almost every advertisement, she is even on the mlp logo on discovery family tv shedule.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
22 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

852711330_YourOpinionMan.gif.9edcc2271cbc401f7ce25f3936c98f4f.gif

Rainbow Dash appears a lot in the show because she's popular, and she's popular for a reason. Like the rest of the main characters, she has great charisma, an inspiring personality, and amusing character flaws. I personally find the show to be very good at character balance and have always felt that the main characters have been given a mostly even amount of spotlight. Not to mention that all of the main characters have had star roles in 'bad episodes'. You can have your opinion, but when you're disregarding the opinions of what others would want, you can't just act like you're immune to criticism. 

Pinkie Pie is a pretty popular character too. However, prior to production of Season 8, unaware to us, the writers were all, "Pinkie Pie is a freaking moron that we're gonna ignore this season and make fun of her for once." Remember Yakity-Sax? Don't also forget that her ONLY other S8 episode was The Maud Couple, and Smolder, one of the students, appeared in as many episodes as she did.

Like I remember half my life ago, at Yahoo! Groups, when I shoved ideas for new South Park characters into other fan's faces back when I was not yet old enough to see SP, it drove everyone insane. But that was a long time ago, when Fandom Wikis didn't exist.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

Continually expressing the same desire of pushing Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie to the forefront in specific character combinations that you want in particular, instead of focusing on how well written and engaging the episode is akin to banging your head on the wall. I adore Flutters and Pinkie too and hope that they get their crowning episodes and moments too, but 90% of your output on these forums seem to be driving the same, repeated opinions into the ground, especially when you keep incorporating these (honestly decent) ideas into every context, situation and topic, and keep pointlessly hoping for the other main characters to be sidelined.

Take for example if someone were to constantly screech for the return of Sunset Shimmer into the main show, or if someone kept saying how their life would be complete so long as Soarin x Dash or another pairing became canon. Don’t be one of these fanatics. The actual validity of your opinions becomes less relevant the more you seek to bash them over everyone else’s heads, it only makes you one-note after a certain amount of time.

If Season 9 really is the last one and you don’t get what you want, don’t leave bitter and shouting into the wind. Sorry you had to read this.

Edited by ShadowPhoenix
  • Brohoof 2

@TwilySparky @Dark Qiviut

I agree that the OP sounds kinda bias.

If you ask me, I rather see the episode focus character's struggle with their bad flaws and show how it affects the world around them. The Mane 6 shouldn't be in the spotlight ALL the time. 

Plus, Dark's right. You put your opinion out here on a public forum, you WILL get response from people who won't agree with you and have every right to tell you how and why they don't. And that's perfectly natural.

• Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash is my favorite character, so I want to see her a couple times in season 9. Not to stir up conflict or offend anyone here, but I honestly don't care if one character gets more screen time than the rest.

Edited by SpookyEnergy
  • Brohoof 2

I agree let Fluttershy pinkie pie  Starlight  AJ , spike get the most focus in season 9 While Twilight,Rarity, Rainbow dash get the least I also want more cmcs in season 9  than what we got in   season 8

Edited by Nightmare glim

7 hours ago, Happy Yoshi said:

I agree that the OP sounds kinda bias.

All opinions are biased.

But anyway, I think they could do to have a bit more of a balance this season, especially if they really are planning on this being the end of FiM.

Why does the quantity of episodes a character gets matter more to you than the actual quality? I've been seeing you rave about how Pinkie and Fluttershy apparently don't get enough episodes all the time. How much screen time/episodes one gets shouldn't matter(Unless it feels downright forced or spammed, like season 1 Twilight), the quality of their moments should. I get that's it's your opinion but it's bound to be challenged if people disagree with it...

Edited by BlackPony
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
19 hours ago, BlackPony said:

Why does the quantity of episodes a character gets matter more to you than the actual quality? I've been seeing you rave about how Pinkie and Fluttershy apparently don't get enough episodes all the time. How much screen time/episodes one gets shouldn't matter(Unless it feels downright forced or spammed, like season 1 Twilight), the quality of their moments should. I get that's it's your opinion but it's bound to be challenged if people disagree with it...

This is because they're my two favorite characters of FiM, and I get really disappointed if neither of them does anything at all in an episode.

Unfortunately, the writers hate both of them now (Fluttershy as of Season 6, and Pinkie as of this season), being ignorant to them enough times already while at the same time, caring more about the Remane Four – and sometimes, even Spike as well – over them.

I've suggested a lot of ideas for these two, but it should be clear that none of us (except for me of course) wants these ideas on the show, and I'm sure none of the producers care about my stupid ideas either.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

This is because they're my two favorite characters of FiM, and I get really disappointed if neither of them does anything at all in an episode.

Unfortunately, the writers hate both of them now (Fluttershy as of Season 6, and Pinkie as of this season), being ignorant to them enough times already while at the same time, caring more about the Remane Four – and sometimes, even Spike as well – over them.

I've suggested a lot of ideas for these two, but it should be clear that none of us (except for me of course) wants these ideas on the show, and I'm sure none of the producers care about my stupid ideas either.

I  love your ideas for flutters and pinkie  I want them to come true to. And I would argue season 5 is when the writers stop  careing  about Fluttershy.

Edited by Nightmare glim

2 hours ago, Nightmare glim said:

I  love your ideas for flutters and pinkie  I want them to come true to. And I would argue season 5 is when the writers stop  careing  about Fluttershy.

I have to disagree. Flutter Brutter was arguably Shy's best episode, and was in S6.

;)

• Brohoof 2

On 10/25/2018 at 7:37 AM, ShadowPhoenix said:

Continually expressing the same desire of pushing Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie to the forefront in specific character combinations that you want in particular, instead of focusing on how well written and engaging the episode is akin to banging your head on the wall. I adore Flutters and Pinkie too and hope that they get their crowning episodes and moments too, but 90% of your output on these forums seem to be driving the same, repeated opinions into the ground, especially when you keep incorporating these (honestly decent) ideas into every context, situation and topic, and keep pointlessly hoping for the other main characters to be sidelined.

Take for example if someone were to constantly screech for the return of Sunset Shimmer into the main show, or if someone kept saying how their life would be complete so long as Soarin x Dash or another pairing became canon. Don’t be one of these fanatics. The actual validity of your opinions becomes less relevant the more you seek to bash them over everyone else’s heads, it only makes you one-note after a certain amount of time.

If Season 9 really is the last one and you don’t get what you want, don’t leave bitter and shouting into the wind. Sorry you had to read this.

soarin x rainbow dash are not part of a relationship, the pairing made by fans never becomes canon, it would ruin things to the show. the show is about friendship and the season 9 ends with friendship.

Edited by Van123

56 minutes ago, Van123 said:

soarin x rainbow dash is a couple made by fans and the pairing made by fans never becomes canon, they are not part of a relationship, it would ruin things to the show. the show is about friendship based on G1 and the season 9 ends with friendship.

Oh would you stop it please. Literally most of your posts are anti rd x soarin shipping and it gets stale. You also say the show is about friendship yet you ship flutterdash and whatnot while you criticize other ships...sorry but it’s kinda annoying.

As for Rd’s role in S9, I’m fine with her having her fair share of episodes as long as Fluttershy and Pinkie manage to compensate their lack of episodes in S8.

• Brohoof 1

On 10/26/2018 at 8:22 PM, Will Guide said:

I have to disagree. Flutter Brutter was arguably Shy's best episode, and was in S6.

;)

But Rainbow Dash had like, far too many roles in that season than she did!