Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food The American Thanksgiving is soon...

CandyCorn

What are your favorite foods for Thanksgiving? Do you spend it with a big family or a small family? What sorts of things do you have during this time? Bonus Question: Do you watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? :P

Mine are Turkey, sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes & gravy. *drool* We have a small family for Thanksgiving, but when we lived in Maine... we spent it at my grandmother's house with a huge feast. I can't really remember what we had besides the turkey and such. She prepared a lot of food for everyone. >< I also watch the parade every year because my grandmother used to let me watch it while she did Thanksgiving dinner. So, it's become a tradition for me. :3

• Brohoof 2

I looove Thanksgiving! Usually it's just me and my immediate family (my parents and siblings) who sit down on Thanksgiving Day to the feast. My favorite foods are the turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce and apple pie! :mlp_yeehaa: We always start the day by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade as well! :D Another one of our traditions is, we put up our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving day after we're done eating and everything. :laugh:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I love Thanksgiving. Great food and family time! Some of my favorites are turkey (fried and baked), chicken and dumplings, mash potatoes drowned with turkey gravy, and cranberry sauce. Favorite desserts: All of them!  :D Lol. Sweet potato, pumpkin, and pecan pie are my top 3 favorite.

We usually have Thanksgiving at my grandparents' cabin and it's typically a good crowd consisting of the immediate family and some distant members. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade is usually on one of the TV's but I haven't watched it in several years. :twismile:

• Brohoof 3

Just with the immediate family. As were not related to anyone else within our state or any of the states surrounding us. 

We have all the usual stuff. Turkey, stuffing, peas, cranberry jelly and pie. Kinda dull compared to our usual diners. I'm kinda hoping we mix things up this year. 

And no we don't watch the parade. Unless you're there in person, parades are boring. And even if you're there in person, the results are mixed. 

• Brohoof 1

My favorite thanksgiving meals is the stuffing and pumpkin pie and all we do as a family is eat and eat.

Thanksgiving is always spent at my parents' house with immediate family and we have turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes (or sweet potatoes, it varies by year) and cranberry sauce, with pumpkin pie and pecan pie for dessert. We always watch Macy's and my dad and brother like to watch whatever football game is going on. After we eat (which is about 3 p.m.), we play Monopoly and later we watch A Christmas Story with cold turkey sandwiches if anyone has any room left to eat.

• Brohoof 1

I never particularly cared about the social side of Thanksgiving. It was always about the food for me but I have to actually go places to get it. It's not that I can't have a good time when I get there but I'd much rather be doing anything else.

As far as food goes my favorites have always been stuffing, pumpkin flavored desserts of all sorts, and deviled eggs. Thanksgiving turkey is always too dry or tough for my liking. No matter who makes it or how juicy people say it is I never seem to agree. Definitely doesn't help that I hate white meat and that's a majority of what I get out of it.

The last few years I haven't really had to bother though. I always work on Wednesday and Thursday overnight so I'd rather not stuff myself and then have to work afterword. I don't mind at all though. Holiday pay and it'll be so dead I'll just read a book and relax so easy money. I look forward to it every year.

This is the first thanksgiven I will have to work in 5 years,  so me and my family are doing it the day before.  I love the smell of a turkey slowly cooking and getting into the kitchen and cooking!   Mash tatters are some if my fav and green beans!  I also love to share my food,  so I will bring some into work for my co-workers like homemade deviled eggs and dip for a potluck.

• Brohoof 1

I use to look forward to Thanksgiving cause I always had my family (6) of us and we always went to Old country Buffet and wait in line for hours then after we would go see a movie.... But after my dad died it wasn't the same... Its been just me and my sister the last few years (which I don't mind) I am not into really big parties. 

AS for food... I only liked Mash potatoes, Devil eggs, Rolls and Pumpkin pie. I don't care about Turkey I only really eat the skin.... 

I do a lot on Thanksgiving. I spend it with my close family members at my home, then a few days later we go over to my Grandma's house and have a large family Thanksgiving with many family members. We normally set up the tree at my house, but this year we've done it earlier for a few reasons. Also, we eat turkey, cran-berry sauce, crockpot macaroni, and mashed potatoes for supper. We always watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, though not normally the entire thing - it depends.

Edited by EpicEnergy
  • Brohoof 1

I loved thanksgiving and it’s always because of the food. Mostly the mountains of mashed potatoes and slices of turkey. Usually, I attend thanksgiving with my mother, younger brother, and younger brother’s part of the family (a lot of Vietnamese people, though, I’m not Vietnamese). Since the party is usually an invite from my brothers other family, I have no clue if I’m going again this time since we haven’t really gotten any sort of invitation from them. If they don’t invite our family to the party anymore, I guess their Christmas party is going to be a no-go for us and even no gift money for me :(

Thanksgiving is one of my favourite holidays! :-D Though since I'm Canadian, we celebrate it in October. My family usually gets together for a big turkey dinner with all the usual dishes. I always love the pumpkin pie for dessert! Depending on the year though, my family will either stay home and have dinner with local relatives, or we'll travel to a different part of the province to have dinner with family that we don't see as often.

I like turkey on Thanksgiving Day, but I really wish they'd let Twilight Sparkle have her balloon on the Macy's Parade.

Sad that the Vikings aren't playing in the Thanksgiving Day classic.

Edited by Baby Dashie
  • Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Baby Dashie said:

I like turkey on Thanksgiving Day, but I really wish they'd let Twilight Sparkle have her balloon on the Macy's Parade.

Sad that the Vikings aren't playing in the Thanksgiving Day classic.

I like the refrigerated pumpkin pie. :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

I always spend Thanksgiving with my mother and 4 siblings, though we take our plates and sit in our own places around the house rather than sit down around a table, which we don't even have or have room for. My absolute favorite is the turkey, my favorite parts being the wings and legs, with rolls, mash potatoes, and other things I probably can't remember. We do have my mother's cousin and his family living in a nearby town, but we're not all that close.

I drive 5 hours with my Dad to go to my sister’s house to have Thanksgiving. Sis would always bake 3 Pumpkin pies because when I was three I ate one whole. We’d tell stories, watch Charlie Brown or Football. (The only time I was aloud to drink as much Pepsi as I wanted to) Then Dad and I would drive 5 hours back home. I’d usually fall asleep 2 hours in because caffeine makes me sleep.