Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pokemon detective pikachu The Movie

TBD

Problem with Ryan Reynolds is that they're gonna wanna put inappropriate jokes in this movie. Honestly, it kinda feels like Boss Baby because you had the same deal, guy plays a baby that sounds like a grown man. I think it's great a live action pokemon film is coming, but I'm just worried about the execution of the plotline. 

I think it looks great actually! It's a nice touch that most humans only hear the pikachu voice, but the protagonist hears the Ryan Reynolds one. That brings in this interesting idea that pokemon hear something different than their name when they speak to one another. That's a neat take on that whole thing. The designs are pretty cute too, which is shocking considering how easy it is to slide into the uncanny valley. Kudos to the studios, they have my ticket on this one.

• Brohoof 1

After watching the trailer last night, I feel as though this movie does have a lot of potential just waiting to be unleashed, but at the same, it's going to take me a while to get used to the 3D appearances of the Pokémon. Maybe it's just me but the 3D models feel off somehow in that they are too realistic.

17 hours ago, Slasher Panzy said:

It looks cool, but I can't say I'm a fan of Deadpool as Pikachu.

Reveal hidden contents

Frank Reynolds as Pikachu or bust.
513.jpg

I'd like to think that Ash's Pikachu is the Dannychu, and this Pikachu is the RyanChu

On 11/13/2018 at 10:38 AM, C. Thunder Dash said:

Problem with Ryan Reynolds is that they're gonna wanna put inappropriate jokes in this movie. Honestly, it kinda feels like Boss Baby because you had the same deal, guy plays a baby that sounds like a grown man. I think it's great a live action pokemon film is coming, but I'm just worried about the execution of the plotline. 

After the Mr. Mime "You can shove it" joke in the trailer. ......Yeah, this is a major concern.

45 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

After the Mr. Mime "You can shove it" joke in the trailer. ......Yeah, this is a major concern.

Especially since young ones may wanna come and see it...like do they HAVE to put the inappropriate jokes in there? No...but they want to because a lot of people think that's funny these days...

• Brohoof 1

Being a massive fan of Pokemon, I really want to see this movie. It looks to be entertaining at the very least.

I was hyped until I saw Ryan Reynolds was doing it. I loathe Ryan so much for both petty and legit reasons. 

Legit reasons: he can’t really act. Take a look at his earlier movies. He thinks Green Laterns CGI suit ruined the movie? Ha! Jon Cryer would have been a better Hal Jordan. 

Petty reasons: he’s hot ergo everyone wants him in their movies despite his credentials. 

Also so I don’t see Pokémon being an American thing. Like, it would be if Russia made Bugs Bunny Cartoons.

I didn't realize it was a real movie for like a week, because the animation made me think it was a fan-made parody. The textures are weird, the facial expressions are stiff and weird I'm stunned that Nintendo signed off on something like this. It looks like it was made on a budget of five dollars and some pocket lint - and I love it. This is gonna be the first movie I see in theaters in some time. I want this movie to make towering mounds of cash, and bring more weirdness to the mainstream.

16 hours ago, Bas said:

There was a detective pickahu before?

From what I know, the movie was inspired by a video game.  here's the trailer.

Spoiler